Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: AP AS BA
Originally Posted by eastexpress
I got the Air Canada email inviting me to sign up for 10x the points on eStore purchases for Black Friday because I have a TD Credit Card.

When I log in with my ID to the estore I see a variety of point offers for the store, but they don't say 10x. Do I just trust that since I signed up I'll get them.
If I understand the offers correctly, the 7x is for any purchases during this weekend (can pay with any card). While the 10x offer is for paying with your registered TD Aeroplan card. So you *should get 17x the points after it's all said and done. But then AC could interpret the offer differently.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 6:49 pm

yup, that's right...just gotta check possible exclusions with each company...Amazon has many
Old Nov 24, 2022, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by abstract77
yup, that's right...just gotta check possible exclusions with each company...Amazon has many
agreed. But also looks like Amazon is fairly quick at crediting the points. Made a purchase earlier this week and the earned points showed up two days later.

(was a test prior to my Black Friday shopping!)

Altitude Sports basically credited the points next day. Best Buy is still pending after a few days…
Old Nov 24, 2022, 6:53 pm

i bought a macbook from apple last boxing day, and I hadn't received my miles for it when March hit...had to contact them to credit those to me
Old Nov 27, 2022, 5:28 pm

With the new Aeroplan T&C and potential TD/AP related issues of clawed back points and locked accounts would I be flagged/penalized for opening the TD AP VIP 5-6months after opening a TD AP VI?

I plan of keeping both for a while (at least until I get my anniversary bonus from the TD AP VI).
Old Nov 27, 2022, 7:49 pm

Hard to say. It seems pretty subjective from Aeroplan.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by DumbQuestion
With the new Aeroplan T&C and potential TD/AP related issues of clawed back points and locked accounts would I be flagged/penalized for opening the TD AP VIP 5-6months after opening a TD AP VI?

I plan of keeping both for a while (at least until I get my anniversary bonus from the TD AP VI).
This was my plan too, planned to make some big purchases now that they changed the VIP to 12k annual spend instead of $1000 monthly to receive the anniversary bonus.

I’d assume that you are keeping them for a while so they should be fine. From what I hear AC changes are targeting those who churn and cancel right after.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: AP AS BA

I think you'll be fine. If anything, AC/TD will thank you for opening a premium CC and paying the higher annual fee. But yes, don't can the VI until after a year.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 10:55 am

I once accidentally have two TD AP opened, I was fine and got bonus pts for both
Old Dec 4, 2022, 4:33 am

Programs: AC SE
A perk of the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege is "The Primary Cardholder will earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles and one (1) Status Qualifying Segment for every $5,000 of net purchases." My question: are these credited immediately upon reaching $5,000 or only at the end of the billing period? (I guess what I want to know is that if I hit $5,000 on December 26, will I receive the SQM and SQS in December or January?)
Old Dec 4, 2022, 6:10 am

I can’t tell you if there’s something special that happens at the end of the year but I get my SQM/SQS bonuses posted once a month the same time as my points post.

Looking back at last year there was nothing special around the end of the year. I had bonuses post in both December and January and they were on the regular monthly date.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 6:12 am

With the Amex Reserve, I get the SQM and SQS at the end of the billing period...I'm assuming that the TD one is the same
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:18 am

I get the SQM and SQS about a day after the billing period ends on the TDVIP.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
A perk of the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege is "The Primary Cardholder will earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles and one (1) Status Qualifying Segment for every $5,000 of net purchases." My question: are these credited immediately upon reaching $5,000 or only at the end of the billing period? (I guess what I want to know is that if I hit $5,000 on December 26, will I receive the SQM and SQS in December or January?)
Day after billing - I'm purposefully waiting for my billing cycle (16th) to put some large purchases thru to get a couple of extra SQS to start 2023

Unlike this year, I think my renewal for 75k won't be until late in the new year
Old Dec 4, 2022, 12:20 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Just in case a future search ends up here, CIBC VIP is exactly the same - SQM/SQS seem to get credited around the next banking day following the billing period.
kalderlake likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.