Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Before the Aeroplan gold card, I think my AE account was inactive for 2 months, and that had me wondering how to keep my AE account active. Theres a lot of points in the AE account.
Club Sobeys auto-convert into Aeroplan (if there's one in Calgary)
otherwise, Esso $3 gas fillup to 1 Aeroplan is the easiest way (you only need 1 every 12 months)

Originally Posted by mkjr
JJonahJ...

what i find a little odd is that the referral link came via my mom's AP CC number.

now the issue is that she is not the primary, my dad is, all her purchases as a a sup get deposited into my father's account...[this is a good thing].

my question is whether this would screw up the bonus or whether it just goes as a bonus to the CC number that referred which then intern show up in my dad's AP account.

not that i am anxious or not, but it would be nice to get those over to my BA account to cover an F trip on a 2:4:1....hopefully bonus shows up before closer to end of Dec.
I think the bonus (you mean the Aeroplan 20-25% bonus that excludes AMEX MR transfer-in?) is on Aeroplan's side, so nothing to worry
i.e. Whomever's account had a total of X miles transferred in during promotion period, will get Y miles bonus
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by jerryhung
I think the bonus (you mean the Aeroplan 20-25% bonus that excludes AMEX MR transfer-in?) is on Aeroplan's side, so nothing to worry
i.e. Whomever's account had a total of X miles transferred in during promotion period, will get Y miles bonus
no, it's the referral bonus, 10,000 each referral...

then converting those AP miles, although with others, to BA via the avion bonus than runs till dec 31.

all in all, with wife's 30K sign up, mine and referrals should be 80K over to BA for nothing...
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
JJonahJ...

what i find a little odd is that the referral link came via my mom's AP CC number.

now the issue is that she is not the primary, my dad is, all her purchases as a a sup get deposited into my father's account...[this is a good thing].

my question is whether this would screw up the bonus or whether it just goes as a bonus to the CC number that referred which then intern show up in my dad's AP account.
You and your dad should get the bonuses without problem. Even there is a problem, you can call AMEX to resolve because this is a very legitimate referral.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: *void
Does anyone know if there is a PLONK feature within FlyerTalk....there's only so much fluff that I can handle in one day...and there seems to be lots of fluff floating around these days.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:36 am

JJonahJ...

not that i am anxious or not, but it would be nice to get those over to my BA account to cover an F trip on a 2:4:1....hopefully bonus shows up before closer to end of Dec.
no, it's the referral bonus, 10,000 each referral...

then converting those AP miles, although with others, to BA via the avion bonus than runs till dec 31.

all in all, with wife's 30K sign up, mine and referrals should be 80K over to BA for nothing...
You'll get your signup 30K bonus, eventually, but I wouldn't count on them posting by your Dec statement, especially if it's only your first or second statement. Since (most) everyone seems to be getting just 5K on the first statement, and still waiting for the remaining 25K, you might have to tear a page out of Ancien's How-To book, by calling up AMEX and strong-arming them into forking over the signup points in a more expeditious manner (Ancien says he got 5K, then another 20K...or something like that). I tried Secure Messaging AMEX...wasn't "STRONG" enuf...they told me to wait 8-10 weeks.

As for your referral points...those will definitely show up once your next statement posts, so should be ready to transfer to your BA account by end of Dec.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 12:55 pm

Ugh, getting 15k posted automatically. had to call in for other 15k today. hopefully it will be posted soon.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Ugh, getting 15k posted automatically. had to call in for other 15k today. hopefully it will be posted soon.
Is this your first statement? most people just got 5k in the first statement. Yours is better than others. What did Amex tell you about the other 15k?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Cana2013
Is this your first statement? most people just got 5k in the first statement. Yours is better than others. What did Amex tell you about the other 15k?
As soon as you have met the $500 min spending requirement send an email to AMEX and they will credit you the remaining points. That is what they did with me
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
As soon as you have met the $500 min spending requirement send an email to AMEX and they will credit you the remaining points. That is what they did with me
Wait, is this for your Aeroplan Plus Gold card? No one else has reported getting the full 30,000 even after contacting AMEX, through the phone or via Secured Messaging centre.

I see in your sig you have the Aeroplan and Rewards card, so just wondering which one you are referring to, thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:04 pm

Many people phoned and/or secure messaging to Amex and got different answers about when they can receive the remaining bonus miles, but it seems non have yet received the full amount.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:16 pm

this is for the aeroplan card
Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:41 pm

this is for the aeroplan card
You are quite lucky. The rep that you talked to must be a very good one and has a great attitude to resolve the problem.

Many just got a standard answer - receive the full amount in 8 -10 weeks.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: AP, SPG Gold, CX Gold
Originally when I called about the missing 25k I was told that it would appear next statement. When the next statement printed and I called again I was told that it would take about a week for the back office team to add the points since I have met the minimum spend.

Seems like a waiting game.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Club Sobeys auto-convert into Aeroplan (if there's one in Calgary)
otherwise, Esso $3 gas fillup to 1 Aeroplan is the easiest way (you only need 1 every 12 months)
2 Sobey points for every 1 Aeroplan converted required. I've used Esso for many years as well. IIRC, Supreme is 1 Aeroplan for every $1 spend.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: AP, SPG Gold, CX Gold
Sent a secured message to Amex yesterday, got a response this morning.

25k AP will be posted to my account on the next statement. No explanation why or what happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.