Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by seanman571
Sent a secured message to Amex yesterday, got a response this morning.

25k AP will be posted to my account on the next statement. No explanation why or what happened.
and I'll almost bet it won't show up in NEXT statement
you'll message AMEX again and they may say 8-10 weeks

someone else reported this exact same scenario

For me (only got 5K thus far), I'll just wait and wait
8-10 weeks from my $500 is about mid-Dec to mid-Jan, let's see what happens then
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Sent a secured message to Amex yesterday, got a response this morning.

25k AP will be posted to my account on the next statement. No explanation why or what happened.
So this will be your third statement. Hope they post the bonus points for all new card holders with missing bonus miles in their next statement.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: AP, SPG Gold, CX Gold
Originally Posted by Cana2013
So this will be your third statement. Hope they post the bonus points for all new card holders with missing bonus miles in their next statement.
Correct, this will be statement #3 for me.

This is what AMEX said to me:

Sent: 21 Nov 2013

Response 21 Nov 2013 08:11 AM
Dear Mr. Man571,

This note is being sent to acknowledge the concern you recently brought to the attention of American Express Bank of Canada.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. I assure you have already earned the bonus Airmiles.

It is a known Technical glitch due to which Miles earned in the billing period are not reflecting on your current statement. It has already been reported to our Technical Department and a problem ticket is raised to fix it.

It is expected to be resolved soon and the information will definitely reflect on your next statement.

I would also like to share that the remaining 25,000 bonus Aeroplan Miles were adjusted American Express account on 11/21/2013. These Aeroplan Miles will be transferred to your Aeroplan account once your next statement gets generated.
Looks like the general "Missing 25k" issue has not been resolved, I read it as the 25k has been manually posted to my account.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:44 pm

This is what AMEX said to me:

Looks like the general "Missing 25k" issue has not been resolved, I read it as the 25k has been manually posted to my account.
They have been having this issue for over a month now and they are still working on it???? Amex needs some smart IT people

They should also mannually add the missing miles in for anyone who spoke or emailed to them.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:11 pm

by the time the miles posts my seats will definitely be gone. boo
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: AP, SPG Gold, CX Gold
Originally Posted by yerffej201
That's what I had mentioned to them in my initial message. Hopefully the miles will post sooner than the next statement.

At least they have the ability to manually add the miles.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by jerryhung
...8-10 weeks from my $500 is about mid-Dec to mid-Jan, let's see what happens then
FYI - this was in one of their replies to me when I asked when the 8-10 weeks started:

"....a time frame of 8 to 10 weeks. This time frame to receive the remaining bonus points starts from the date the earlier points were issued."

My 3rd stmt should come out in about 5 days, which is about 9 weeks so we'll see what happens then.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by tryinginvain
FYI - this was in one of their replies to me when I asked when the 8-10 weeks started:

"....a time frame of 8 to 10 weeks. This time frame to receive the remaining bonus points starts from the date the earlier points were issued."

My 3rd stmt should come out in about 5 days, which is about 9 weeks so we'll see what happens then.
I do not think they have a clear procedure to control the timing of the bonus points. The reps just using the 8 - 10 weeks rule to buy more time for the IT guys working on the issue.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:35 pm

I've been told by a rep that I already had 20 000 miles put on my next statement (the 2nd one, still to come). I've never seen the 5000 points everybody is talking about.

Last edited by LearningToFly; Nov 21, 2013 at 5:38 pm Reason: clarification
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
I've been told by a rep that I already had 20 000 miles put on my next statement (the 2nd one, still to come). I've never seen the 5000 points everybody is talking about.
If you have not received any bonus miles, they should give you 30k bonus mile instead of 20k.

Last edited by Cana2013; Nov 22, 2013 at 10:43 pm
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I referrred 3 people who all got the card...

...over 3 months ago and haven't seen a single POINT!!!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by HomerJ
This 30k promo started from Sep 2nd so you applied the card before the promo?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yerffej201
That's what I had mentioned to them in my initial message. Hopefully the miles will post sooner than the next statement.

At least they have the ability to manually add the miles.
Just call and have the points manually added onto account immediately. Call until this is done.

I can afford to wait around because I'm flush with miles. If you need the points now.. call!:-:
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by HomerJ
It doesn't matter if you referred them 1 month ago or 6 months ago, the referral points for these cards didn't just start on Sep 2.

Did you generate your referrals using your own existing Aeroplan Plus card (regular, Gold, Plat), and not, for eg., from a different AMEX family of cards (Rewards, SPG, Air Miles, etc)?

If so, you should have got your REFERRAL (not signup) points at your next AMEX statement. If you referred to friends, you need to join up with them and together the two (or more) of you need to contact AMEX now/asap, and get them look into your case.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Just call and have the points manually added onto account immediately. Call until this is done.

I can afford to wait around because I'm flush with miles. If you need the points now.. call!:-:
Good! finally they are taking real actions on this. Do not know if other reps will do the same or not for missing welcome bonus miles. They should've started doing this since the beginning so people not feeling so frastrated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.