Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Mgarner123
With my AMEX gold card that I got a month ago I spent 500 bucks and got 15k immediately. Still waiting for the extra 10k which they said should have been awarded and is now taking 6-8 weeks.

All my referral points came in instantly.

Any idea how long it takes to post all the points I "deserve" on my account? Does it take longer since they are being posted to Aeroplan and not MR?
YES, AMEX MR are posted very quick
Referral = posted next day after applicant's approval
Welcome bonus = USUALLY when you cross the threshold. But it's known AMEX is having trouble with the newest 25K welcome bonus. Some see 15K, some see 20K and AMEX has told some to wait, and added missing points for some
I suggest you "Secure Message" AMEX to ask (Contact Us >> Email)

Aeroplan points are only calculated at monthly statements, so one has to wait
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:54 am

Ok great thanks.

I am new to the forums. Jerryhung what has been said about the wait time for the remaining 10k of points to arrive for the Gold Amex. I take it from that I am not the only person waiting!

And with Aeroplan points if I spend 500 in my first month I will see all the bonus points on my statement and then deposited?

Quick question - are both the Amex AP Gold and Amex Gold cards charge cards? Do you know if they show up as seperate or the same on my credit report. I have had 5 different TD visas and 2 different RBC visas and they show up as TD credit card and RBC credit Card.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Mgarner123
Ok great thanks.

I am new to the forums. Jerryhung what has been said about the wait time for the remaining 10k of points to arrive for the Gold Amex. I take it from that I am not the only person waiting!

And with Aeroplan points if I spend 500 in my first month I will see all the bonus points on my statement and then deposited?

Quick question - are both the Amex AP Gold and Amex Gold cards charge cards? Do you know if they show up as seperate or the same on my credit report. I have had 5 different TD visas and 2 different RBC visas and they show up as TD credit card and RBC credit Card.
I'm surprised you didn't research these questions BEFORE you get those cards

1. AMEX usually says up to 8 weeks for any missing points

2. Re: 30K Aeroplan points after $500
Officially, YES
Unofficially, NO, most people have only seen 5K Aeroplan thus far, and hope AMEX will send the remaining 25K in future

3. AMEX Gold, Platinum, Business Gold/Plat, Aeroplan Gold/Plat/Regular are all CHARGE cards
Air Miles, SPG are CREDIT cards
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:10 pm

So what is the general consensus or advice about the missing points? Keep hassling them? E-mail them weekly?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:11 pm

I recieved the 5K in the first month and now I am waiting for the other 25K. I wss told I will get it after the 3 months
Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
I recieved the 5K in the first month and now I am waiting for the other 25K. I wss told I will get it after the 3 months
Hmm actually that seems to make sense. 3 months is the qualification period so it's logical to disburse the miles after this time. thanks for the info
Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: *void
After I only saw 5K after spending $500 before my first statement, I Secured-Messaged AMEX about the issue, and was told:
> This is in response to the Aeroplan Miles.
> As per the response from the appropriate team, the Aeroplan Miles will post
> your account within 8-10 weeks.

So, yeah, basically it will turn out to be 3 months if you tack on 8-10 weeks after I got my first statement.

My second statement generates next week (or about 6 weeks after I activated)...I hope to report back with some unexpected GOOD news, though it looks more and more like I won't get the remaining 25K until my 3rd statement posts.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Haha, Amex is trying to slow down the churning.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:40 pm

Although it is now taking longer to get the bonus points, Amex is very good for honoring bonus points. Should not worry about it. The 30k Aeroplan will come.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by musiclover
What are you thoughts on AMEX Gold vs. AP Gold?

25k vs. 30k welcome bonus but AMEX gives double points on travel, gas, groceries, and drugstore purchases. Travel insurance benefits for first card look slightly better. Not sure how MR points compare with AP points. (Useful? Easy to convert?) Anything else to consider?
First year free on both offers, so why not both? I find the Gold Amex useful for travel expenses, groceries and gas which gets double points.

Both my wife and I have both the Aeroplan Gold and Gold Amexes.. I've also got the Platinum Business.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
First year free on both offers, so why not both? I find the Gold Amex useful for travel expenses, groceries and gas which gets double points.
This what people do. Get bonus points for both and both first year free.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
The referral points that quick? How do they show up? Are they just posted to my AP account or my Amex statement? I do have a mysterious 10K on my Plat statement, however my wife just got approved for hers yesterday after she called to prove her identity. The statement is a few days old.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
The referral points that quick? How do they show up? Are they just posted to my AP account or my Amex statement? I do have a mysterious 10K on my Plat statement, however my wife just got approved for hers yesterday after she called to prove her identity. The statement is a few days old.
For AMEX Aeroplan Gold
you ONLY see all points (welcome and referral) on monthly statements
2-3 days after statement, you'll see the points in your Aeroplan account
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
For the AeroPlus cards, any referral and signup (whatever amounts you get initially, probably 5K) Aeros all show up at your AMEX Aeroplan Plus account statement FIRST, so you have to wait for your statement to generate. Then AMEX will post to Aeroplan and you see them there by the next day or 2.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Thanks,

The referral points just get listed as bonus points?

I had this on my recent AeroPlat statement:

Bonus Miles 26,000
Bonus Miles 10,000
Bonus Miles 26,000

I seemed to get 52K, not the 51K . However are they not giving the full 15K referral for my wife's Aeroplat? I've seen here they are trickling the points out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.