Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
For long haul, Aeroplan is still the best. But when amex has 1:1.5 BA promo, definitely transfer MR to BA
Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by tryinginvain
My first statement was generated about 3 days after I got the card, I only had about $100 on it and I received 5k - which made no sense to me at the time.

I got my 2nd statement today, am well over $500 and did not receive any more sign-up bonus miles.

I sent them a message and if anything unusual comes back from them I'll post it here. But at this point after what I've been reading on this thread I don't expect them until the 3rd statement.
This was their response today - so now we'll see what happens:

I understand that you were supposed to receive 30,000 bonus points upon spending $500.00 in the first 3 months of your Cardmembership with us. As I can see that you have met this threshold, I have immediately raised a request to our concerned department.

It will take them 3-5 business days to provide an update on the matter. Once they accommodate your request, the said amount of points will be allocated to you.

You can check back with us after the above mentioned timeframe to see if an update has been received.

We seek your patience and cooperation in resolving this issue.

Have a pleasant day ahead!
Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by tryinginvain
This was their response today - so now we'll see what happens:

I understand that you were supposed to receive 30,000 bonus points upon spending $500.00 in the first 3 months of your Cardmembership with us. As I can see that you have met this threshold, I have immediately raised a request to our concerned department.

It will take them 3-5 business days to provide an update on the matter. Once they accommodate your request, the said amount of points will be allocated to you.

You can check back with us after the above mentioned timeframe to see if an update has been received.

We seek your patience and cooperation in resolving this issue.

Have a pleasant day ahead!
I am in the same situation and did not get such an answer. I've been told by phone to wait three months AND call back then, though I met the 500$ spend on the same day I got the card.

I must disagree with those who say this is unusual with Amex. According to my own experience, it is not. I had a hard time getting the bonus miles with Aeroplan Platinum a few years back, and I have sworn at that time to stay away from Amex. Here I am!

Last edited by LearningToFly; Oct 26, 2013 at 4:00 pm Reason: grammar
Old Oct 26, 2013, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
I am in the same situation and did not get such an answer. I've been told by phone to wait three months AND call back then, though I met the 500$ spend on the same day I got the card.

I must disagree with those who say this is unusual with Amex. According to my own experience, it is. I had a hard time getting the bonus miles with Aeroplan Platinum a few years back, and I have sworn at that time to stay away from Amex. Here I am!
Agree there are instances that bonus points do not show up as they should, but very few in the past. This time is different - Amex is delaying bonus Aeroplan miles for all new card holders. That is why felt "unusual".
Old Oct 26, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
I was told via email I will get the remaining 25k in 8-10 weeks....
Old Oct 26, 2013, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Cana2013
Agree there are instances that bonus points do not show up as they should, but very few in the past. This time is different - Amex is delaying bonus Aeroplan miles for all new card holders. That is why felt "unusual".
I understand it's the first time they systematically do that. I hope it won't be a fight to get the points after three months.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by erik19283
That was the case this year anyway... one can hope for 2014, but I don't really have high hopes for Aeroplan. I'll be watching out for the Avios bonus, though.
For long haul, Aeroplan is still the best. But when amex has 1:1.5 BA promo, definitely transfer MR to BA
I assume March is the next transfer..I'm all over this transfer. Itchy finger ready to press the button for a 110K bonus.

If the transfer bonus gets enhanced in any way.. I'll call it fate to stay solely with AE.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I assume March is the next transfer..I'm all over this transfer. Itchy finger ready to press the button for a 110K bonus.

If the transfer bonus gets enhanced in any way.. I'll call it fate to stay solely with AE.
Same here... can't wait to see what happens next spring!
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
A friend of mine got an email from amex stating there were delays with issuing points for this particular card and they are working to get it sorted out. Most new card members are facing this issue as per amex.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 1011TriStar
A friend of mine got an email from amex stating there were delays with issuing points for this particular card and they are working to get it sorted out. Most new card members are facing this issue as per amex.
Thanks for posting the note. My experience with Amex Aeroplan in the past has been first statement posting of bonus points after qualifying spend.

This technical glitch probably has every new card holder calling and inquiring why 25k hasn't posted, and only 5k.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Thanks for posting the note. My experience with Amex Aeroplan in the past has been first statement posting of bonus points after qualifying spend.

This technical glitch probably has every new card holder calling and inquiring why 25k hasn't posted, and only 5k.
That's what they told me too, after multiple emails.

When this happened with my Amex Gold with MR, they just awarded me the extra missing points.

Why aren't they doing that with this?

Feels funny this time.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
I was told via email I will get the remaining 25k in 8-10 weeks....
8-10 weeks? They must be joking. They just want to annoy customers? They result will be unhappy customers and overloaded customer service reps.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Dear Mikey

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please be assured that process of issuing points is automated and full eligible bonus points will be issued automatically within 8-10 weeks.

I appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Abhishek Sinha
Email Servicing Team
American Express Customer Care
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:34 am
Suspended

8-10 weeks? They must be joking. They just want to annoy customers? They result will be unhappy customers and overloaded customer service reps.
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
Dear Mikey

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please be assured that process of issuing points is automated and full eligible bonus points will be issued automatically within 8-10 weeks.

I appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Abhishek Sinha
Email Servicing Team
American Express Customer Care
Sounds like a canned response from India? This may be a canned response from someone who has no clue what's going on.. just given a task to do.

Anyone receive the bonus points from the 30K + referral promotion component yet?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
After I only saw 5K after spending $500 before my first statement, I Secured-Messaged AMEX about the issue, and was told:
> This is in response to the Aeroplan Miles.
> As per the response from the appropriate team, the Aeroplan Miles will post
> your account within 8-10 weeks.

So, yeah, basically it will turn out to be 3 months if you tack on 8-10 weeks after I got my first statement.

My second statement generates next week (or about 6 weeks after I activated)...I hope to report back with some unexpected GOOD news, though it looks more and more like I won't get the remaining 25K until my 3rd statement posts.
The Good - my second statement generated
The Bad - still no missing 25,000 signup Aeros (after getting 5K in 1st statement)

So, on we go now to wait for the 3rd statement (and the stated 8-10 weeks waiting period), to see if the 25K will issue next at next month's statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.