Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by HomerJ
...over 3 months ago and haven't seen a single POINT!!!
Any chance that you are referring for a different type of American Express card than the one you hold?

When you go through the referral process, you must select, in this order:

1. the card type you have now... the one where you expect the points will accrue, (i.e. American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Gold Card),
2. click on the link that says "Recommend a Different Card?"
3. click on the card that you are going to refer (i.e. American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Platinum Card),
4. create the email link or the Facebook link.

If you don't do that, you won't get credit. This happened to me.

However, the American Express phone agent was really good about taking the name of the cardholder for this missing referral, and launching an investigation. They had enough info from the application to see that it was my referral (or maybe they just knew that it was _a_ referral... I dunno). So I got my points added manually. ^
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by jerry305
Any chance that you are referring for a different
However, the American Express phone agent was really good about taking the name of the cardholder for this missing referral, and launching an investigation. They had enough info from the application to see that it was my referral (or maybe they just knew that it was _a_ referral... I dunno). So I got my points added manually. ^
Doesn't hurt to call AMEX. Some agents are very nice and helpful. If your referrals are legitimate and the referrers did receive their new cards, you deserve the bonuses.

Last edited by Cana2013; Nov 22, 2013 at 11:41 am
Old Nov 22, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Cana2013
Doesn't to call AMEX. Some agents are very nice and helpful. If your referrals are legitimate and the referrers did receive their new cards, you deserve the bonuses.
What are you trying to say here that I didn't already say in my post #134? Can't you offer anything more substantial and informative to the discussion, rather than just being a robot and mimicking what other people have already said?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
What are you trying to say here that I didn't already say in my post #134? Can't you offer anything more substantial and informative to the discussion, rather than just being a robot and mimicking what other people have already said?
Not everyone will go back looking for every word others said before posting. You post is the same. you can look back to others' posts and all the information you provided was covered in other posts.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: AP, SPG Gold, CX Gold
@Cana2013

I agree with JJonahJ, reposting the comment above and adding a generic sentiment doesn't help anyone looking for information.

We are all trying to post information that is valuable to other members who are experiencing the same issues. If you have something of relevance, share it with the thread. Don't post for the sake of posting.

Moving along,

As a follow up to my secured message with Amex, they have told me that the only way to transfer APs at the time of a new statement. Ancien suggested to call and and speak to an agent, I will try that and report back.

Last edited by seanman571; Nov 22, 2013 at 6:54 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by seanman571
@Cana2013

I agree with JJohanJ, reposting the comment above and adding a generic sentiment doesn't help anyone looking for information.

We are all trying to post information that is valuable to other members who are experiencing the same issues. If you have something of relevance, share it with the thread. Don't post for the sake of posting.
Before you say this, please read my posts first. I didn't just add a generic sentiment. I post what I think is useful to others although you might have the info already.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Before you say this, please read my posts first. I didn't just add a generic sentiment. I post what I think is useful to others although you might have the info already.
Perhaps if you could read your own posts before hitting submit to cut out the spelling and grammar errors, it would help, although +2 that the posts add nada.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: *void
Not everyone will go back looking for every word others said before posting. You post is the same. you can look back to others' posts and all the information you provided was covered in other posts.
I guess you proved your point because it appears you don't even look at the 1 or 2 posts ahead of yours when you repeat what was JUST said. It seems very apparent why you post so much, to direct traffic to yourself, but please, (+2) on the request to check your spelling/grammar before you SUBMIT, and give the thread some useful information, because you're just cluttering up the discussion with non-essential information. Doing it a little is Ok...doing it SO MUCH == not cool.

My datapoint for response from AMEX Secured Message service, regarding my missing 25K signup points on the Aeroplan Plus Gold. Since I had SM'd them after my first statement at end of Sep, and was told the 25K would be coming in 8-10 weeks (which is NOW), I decided it would be a good time to SM them again, as per Ancien's advice to keep hounding them till you get the points.

So, here is the latest response:
You will be glad to know that the remaining 25,000 Aeroplan Miles are now adjusted on your American Express account.

These Aeroplan Miles will be transferred to your Aeroplan account once your next statement gets generated.
If my statement wasn't just a few days away, I'd call them and complain that I CAN'T wait because I need the points for a flight redemption, NOW! Well, maybe I should just call them anyway, and see if I can get a nice surprise.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:26 pm

Every single reply on this page has an amex link
Old Nov 22, 2013, 10:05 pm

If you have not received any bonus miles, they should give you 3k bonus mile instead of 2k.
Very useful
Old Nov 22, 2013, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Every single reply on this page has an amex link
Good point. That is why some people are caring about who is posting on this thread.

Some people here are still hoping people to use their referral links for Amex gold rewards card and business rewards card while knowing the fact that it is not the best route to apply for those cards with referral links (because if people apply through GCR, they can get extra $50 for the personal gold and $65 for the business gold and the same 25k bonus points). They only care about getting referral bonus for themselves. That is very unethical in my point of view.

Allowing referral links in signatures is the forum's effort to help users apply credit cards through the best possible route. This is why I removed my referral link for the gold rewards cards although I have the gold card and my family also have the plat card.

Last edited by Cana2013; Nov 22, 2013 at 11:12 pm
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Cana2013 View Post

If you have not received any bonus miles, they should give you 3k bonus mile instead of 2k
Ok.. I'm trying to process what you are saying, and its been a couple days now. Do you mean that if Aeroplan Gold Amex doesn't post the 30K bonus, that we are going to be compensated? At that, it seems you're saying that we should be getting 3K bonus miles instead of 2K for compensation?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Ok.. I'm trying to process what you are saying, and its been a couple days now. Do you mean that if Aeroplan Gold Amex doesn't post the 30K bonus, that we are going to be compensated? At that, it seems you're saying that we should be getting 3K bonus miles instead of 2K for compensation?
Sorry, I corrected the message. I was saying the OP should receive 30k bonus miles instead of 20k.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:32 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
They only care about getting referral bonus for themselves. That is very unethical in my point of view.
Now I am starting to see why you are annoying, most of the people with referral links in their sig are posters that have answered many,many,many questions for other posters with USEFUL information. I don`t mind sending a few miles their way for the help they have provided. You should think a little before you start calling people unethical IMO...
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by newbie elite
Now I am starting to see why you are annoying, most of the people with referral links in their sig are posters that have answered many,many,many questions for other posters with USEFUL information. I don`t mind sending a few miles their way for the help they have provided. You should think a little before you start calling people unethical IMO...
I would say it's no different the bloggers providing inferior signup bonuses because they pay the bloggers and no the higher signup bonuses that don't pay the blogger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.