Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AP, UA, AA

On the Amex Site...... Amex is offering 30000 Aeroplan points for the American Express Aeroplan Gold Card, if you are refered by someone . CLICK ON Rewards then Refer a friend, then click on the amex aeroplan gold card to see the offer ....NO FEE First Year

Refer yourself or cut a deal with one of these FTers who offer refferals..
Highest bidder gets your application
You win they win

If you don't feel like going through one of the Fters, you can still get 25000 Aeroplan miles if you apply through the Amex Site. NO FEE First year...

Last edited by Raffles longhaul; Sep 4, 2013 at 12:34 am
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
A gentle reminder of the rules regarding AMEX referrals as they are only permitted within this thread located in the Credit Cards Programs forum.

Please do not not post referral application links in the body of any FlyerTalk post as they will be removed and the only place to include referral links is within a member's signature.

Thanks,

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Raffles longhaul
If you don't feel like going through one of the Fters, you can still get 25000 Aeroplan miles if you apply through the Amex Site. NO FEE First year...
Correction, it's only 20000 Aeroplan via AMEX website (AMEX Gold is the one with the new 25000 AMEX MR offer)

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/e...ilter=aeroplan
Earn 20,000 Bonus Aeroplan®*Miles after you spend $500 in your first three months of Card membership1 Earn 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $1 in Card purchases up to $10,0002 Accelerate your earn rate to 1.25 Aeroplan Miles for every additional $1 in Card purchases over $10,000 annually3 Earn Aeroplan Miles faster with two free Supplementary Cards – a $100 value ($50 for each additional Supplementary Cards)4 You’ll also earn additional miles at Aeroplan Partners when you also provide your Aeroplan Number or present your Aeroplan14

Fine print for AP Gold to refer another AP Gold << not a referral link
https://www.americanexpress.com/cana...roPlanGoldCard
As the Basic Cardmember, refer a friend and you4 could earn a referral bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan Miles for each approved referral5.

Your friend could earn our highest AeroplanPlus Gold Card miles offer of 30,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles6 when they charge $500 in purchases to their Card in the first three months of Cardmembership6, plus they pay no annual fee for the first year.* Offer subject to change at any time.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Nice deal, the Mrs. and I have referred each other Amex Aeroplan Gold so now we're waiting in anticipation of receiving the cards.

Amex sure has stepped it up... I guess they couldn't stay out of the fray while TD and CIBC fight it out for AE customers?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: AC 75K
Has anyone had luck with a self-referral on this card using a card number from another product?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Air Koryo
Has anyone had luck with a self-referral on this card using a card number from another product?
Cross-product self-referrals have not been working recently. There are reports of unsuccessful attempts in the Amex forum.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by echino
Cross-product self-referrals have not been working recently. There are reports of unsuccessful attempts in the Amex forum.
Hmmm worked for me ~2 months ago... Has it changed that recently?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
Hmmm worked for me ~2 months ago... Has it changed that recently?
Yours worked probably because you already have cards in both product lines. But if you have, for example, only charge card, like Amex Gold, and then self-refer to Amex Aeroplan Gold, then you are likely not going to get the referral bonus, because you had not had a pre-existing Aeroplan card to deposit bonus to. At least that's what is reported in the Amex forum.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by echino
Yours worked probably because you already have cards in both product lines. But if you have, for example, only charge card, like Amex Gold, and then self-refer to Amex Aeroplan Gold, then you are likely not going to get the referral bonus, because you had not had a pre-existing Aeroplan card to deposit bonus to. At least that's what is reported in the Amex forum.
And what if I want to legitimately refer a friend to an Amex Aeroplan Gold and I only gave an Amex Gold MR? 1:1 conversion to MR perhaps? Maybe I should just ask Amex...
Old Sep 4, 2013, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by zoobtoob
And what if I want to legitimately refer a friend to an Amex Aeroplan Gold and I only gave an Amex Gold MR? 1:1 conversion to MR perhaps? Maybe I should just ask Amex...
If you only have AMEX Gold (charge card accumulating AMEX MR), you will NOT get your 10K Aeroplan referral bonus, nor 10K AMEX MR

and HOPE that your friend would still get 30K Aeroplan miles despite it being a non-valid referral
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:57 pm

Just the kind of deal I would have jumped on two years—you know, back when AP miles had value.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Correction, it's only 20000 Aeroplan via AMEX website (AMEX Gold is the one with the new 25000 AMEX MR offer)
Is the referral bonus 10k for both applicant and referrer? That would mean the applicant would indeed get 30k points once the card is approved.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by musiclover
Is the referral bonus 10k for both applicant and referrer? That would mean the applicant would indeed get 30k points once the card is approved.
The current deal is 30k aeroplans for the aeroplanplus gold card for the new customer ($500 spend in 90days), first year free, and 10k bonus for referrer. it's only 20k aeroplans if you signup without a referral.

It's a decent card I've been happy to hold for a while and this is a GREAT new signup offer.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Tempting...

What are you thoughts on AMEX Gold vs. AP Gold?

25k vs. 30k welcome bonus but AMEX gives double points on travel, gas, groceries, and drugstore purchases. Travel insurance benefits for first card look slightly better. Not sure how MR points compare with AP points. (Useful? Easy to convert?) Anything else to consider?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:39 pm

No, only the referrer gets the referral bonus (10K Aeroplan in this case)
The applicant gets 30K if using referral link to sign up, otherwise 20K via AMEX website or GCR ($40 cashback)

What are you thoughts on AMEX Gold vs. AP Gold?

25k vs. 30k welcome bonus but AMEX gives double points on travel, gas, groceries, and drugstore purchases. Travel insurance benefits for first card look slightly better. Not sure how MR points compare with AP points. (Useful? Easy to convert?) Anything else to consider?
AMEX Gold - 25000 AMEX MR after $500 spending, FYF. No referral needed
AMEX AeroplanPlus Gold - 30000 Aeroplan (via Referral) after $500 spending, FYF

Get both, since they are first year free
One probably earns more on Gold instead, but they're great for churning now

AMEX MR is more flexible (no expiry, transfers to more partners, like Avios or Aeroplan)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.