Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:31 pm
Suspended

I think it was almost two weeks ago I was told this would be fixed in a few days.

I just called in today and the agent had no idea about any EVA problem.

Of course no EVA flights showing up on the system.

I asked her if she got any memo about it ... she had no clue about any memos.

As far as Aeroplan goes, EVA I guess is no longer part of Star Alliance.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75
BR can be booked on AE

Monday 14 I was able to book BR LHR - BKK (July 15) in C.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Well that seems positive (prior poster). I emailed Aeroplan support via the website and said that the agent didn't know what I was talking about in regards to BR, and could they clarify when we will be able to book BR again. This is the response.

We can certainly appreciate the situation which prompted you to write. Unfortunately, we are unable to address flight reward queries via email. To obtain immediate assistance with your flight reservation, we invite you to call the Aeroplan Centre at 1-800-361-5373. Representatives are available daily from 7:00 am to midnight (EST).
I should have expected it, right?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:18 am

I just tested on Aeroplan.com now for 1 seat in Y and J
UA.com shows availability for the dates I chose in May 2015

YYZ-TPE, CDG-TPE returns no BR results at all (nonstop)

Wow, this is sad for anybody booking right now
and I hope it does get fixed, otherwise how do we complain to Star Alliance....
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:24 am

It's troubling that Aeroplan seems to have no incentive to fix this issue whatsoever.

My cynical side keeps on thinking they're doing this on purpose - too many people taking BR and saving on scamcharges by not booking AC TPAC.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
I've found TPE-BNE next July 1Y 2J on EVA however there is no quicker/cheaper way than for Ac33 YYZ-SYD + scam charges and pay for the short haul from SYD-BNE.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:33 am

If Eva air is showing for other routes, it's probably jus blocked for north America to Taipei
Old Jul 19, 2014, 2:21 pm
Suspended

I think this is an enhancement.

I am still seeing availability for BR036 on my flight day on ANA, but Aeroplan "doesn't see the flight." Same with BR032 to New York. Both on ANA but not for Aeroplan.

What can we do about this? There's no Aeroplan guy here. They won't address the issue on email. Calling in, the reps don't know anything about it other than "I can't see the flight."
Old Jul 19, 2014, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Might not be a mistake but by design.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by tyberius
I think this is an enhancement.

I am still seeing availability for BR036 on my flight day on ANA, but Aeroplan "doesn't see the flight." Same with BR032 to New York. Both on ANA but not for Aeroplan.

What can we do about this? There's no Aeroplan guy here. They won't address the issue on email. Calling in, the reps don't know anything about it other than "I can't see the flight."
Originally Posted by Stranger
Might not be a mistake but by design.

Shouldn't AC bare some responsibility in answering questions here too? I know they like to say that AE/Aimia is a seperate organization from AC, but they must have some contact with them for these types of matters...
Old Jul 19, 2014, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eternity000
Shouldn't AC bare some responsibility in answering questions here too? I know they like to say that AE/Aimia is a seperate organization from AC, but they must have some contact with them for these types of matters...
All the signs are that AC was not happy to see BR joining the Star Alliance. Surely they have a negative impact on AC's Pacific business.

Wonder why there are no codeshares? Why it's impossible to buy a ticket with BR that includes domestic legs on AC?

Mind you, since they joined the alliance, their fares ex-Canada have gone up. But still not like AC's at least in J.

(Looking at a mini-RTW for my wife next April, that should include a leg TPE-CDG. I can get her in business on NH. Not on the non-stop BR. Same routing for myself woulsd be prohibitive. I'll likely come back to Canada and fly from here to CDG...)
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:47 pm

but I assume BR is still bookable by UA miles or ANA or SQ miles etc... or even LM?

i.e. only Aeroplan is the one blocking BR space? the new Starnet Blocking??

Man, this blocking would've cut my valuation of Aeroplan mile by half instantly
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by jerryhung;
the new Starnet Blocking
Out of curiosity what is that? And is it legal within star alliance?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Starnet blocking:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-blocking.html

We have only EVA as a route for Canadians over the pacific with no scamcharge. Alternative is United if you want to make one hop (and downgrade your product).

So, I wouldn't be surprised if they are yanking these flights to push us into AC scamcharges. I mean, this is my exact situation at the moment, sitting on an AC006 booking, waiting to change it to BR036. If they prevent me from doing this, it's revenue to AC.

Maybe not enough of us care, but we should probably start thinking of what we can do to get some kind of answer out of them at least.

Scamcharges. Devalued points. Cut access to LX F. Then they came for BR? Perhaps. Perhaps.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Several United agents tried to explain the discrepancy by saying that Star
carriers give different award inventory to the individual alliance members.

But Martin Rieken, director of corporate communications for the Americas at
Lufthansa, said that every Star partner makes the same inventory available
on StarNet for any alliance member to use "on a first-come-first-served basis."

Funny, from the United thread I referenced... this was the same line I got from Aeroplan today when I was asking about BR and saying I could book it on ANA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.