Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by jwongathon
Make sure you're checking dates where TPE flies into YVR, i've noticed this to be the case with Mon-Wed most. As well, BR limits their TPAC flights on AP, but i'd say their inventory on AP is one of the best for no scam charges..
Have you looked recently?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Have you looked recently?
Could just be that when the inventory reappeared, people grabbed it fast.

We grabbed a YVR-TPE leg in business for next April on the very day it showed up again.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by jwongathon
Make sure you're checking dates where TPE flies into YVR, i've noticed this to be the case with Mon-Wed most. As well, BR limits their TPAC flights on AP, but i'd say their inventory on AP is one of the best for no scam charges..
I did look on the dates that BR flies from TPE to YVR but no luck, they just don't show
Either have to settle with AC or multiple transfers
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Which booking code for awards?

I see that Star alliance upgrades on EVA book into Z.

EVA does not use Z for discounted business, only C, D and J, apparently

However I don't seem to be able to find the booking code for regular business class awards. I was operating under the belief that both Star upgrades and rewards come out of the same inventory.

However, in two instances, first I checked and there was one seat available for rewards. I booked upgrades in both cases. The reward inventory remains at 1 for both flights. So, either the upgrade inventory is a superset, or the reallocated one seat after I grabbed the only one?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:48 am

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...r-award-space/

As stated in one of the comments, it seems like some intra Asia flights are still available, but limited to HKG and PEK. November availability not too bad but definitely nothing 10 months out
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Y availability has dried right up too. BR has gone from being ubiquitous on TPAC routes to downright hard to find, at least when you're looking 10-11 months out.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:11 am

BR TPAC still unavailable as far as I can tell with no sign they'll be coming back. Good for those who snapped up the seats while they lasted.

In the absence of BR seats, if I can't get UA TPAC, I may now have to resort to the dreaded CA PEK connection
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by heraclitus
BR TPAC still unavailable as far as I can tell with no sign they'll be coming back. Good for those who snapped up the seats while they lasted.

In the absence of BR seats, if I can't get UA TPAC, I may now have to resort to the dreaded CA PEK connection
I thought that CA awards were also broken. Have they fixed it now?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Looking short-term (next few weeks), it seems like there's a lot of BR J availability on North American routes. Further out, de nada.

As the blog linked above suggests, looks like BR is trickling stuff out starting three months out, and opening the faucets at three or four weeks out, turning into a deluge within a week of departure.

(5 J seats available on BR35 on Wednesday, in case you have a last-minute hankering to take the whole family to Taipei.)
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
I thought that CA awards were also broken. Have they fixed it now?
CA seems to be popping up... never flown with them before, but I admit I am extremely leery of doing so given the horror stories about screwed up PEK connections with zero effort to assist pax on reward tickets. I'd be prepared to do it myself, but I wouldn't bring the family along.

When BR first joined *A there was a ton of availability a good 10-11 months out, but now as mentioned above, it does seem to be very last minute.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:32 pm

As lucky's blog pointed out

EVA (BR) is now only releasing most seats (Y/J) 3 months out on most N.A. routes
Intra-Asia and Europe routes seem unaffected

Air China (CA) bug with Aeroplan is now fixed so they do show up, not sure if people prefer to fly with them though, ha vs. paying $90 to change to BR 3 months before departure
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:24 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Just a word of warning if flying EVA thru TPE....

...not sure what is going on in TPE, maybe the ATC's are in astrike postion or something, but I've taken 4 EVA flights out of TPE in the last 7 days and everyone has been delayed on arrival....thus delayed on departure and then stuck in a big 10+ plane line to take off addding another 30 minutes to your already delayed departure.
The announcements in the Chinglish seem to blame the ATC's for all these delays.
Just thought I'd mention it....
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: AC SE
Booking Premium Economy on EVA air through aeroplan

Does anyone know if it's possible to book a premium economy ticket with points on EVA air through Aeroplan? The agents I've spoken to seemed bewildered that that was a thing, as it wasn't available in their system?

I have a revenue ticket on EVA to DPS from YVR and the premium economy was a great deal. I'm trying to book my SO a ticket and can't seem to make any headway.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
There is no Premium Economy available for Aeroplan reward tickets. I've tried before as well and their system just doesn't support it.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:13 pm

"Elite" class is not available as a *A award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.