Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:04 pm

I called Aeroplan and they told me that starting Jun 26, no EVA flight can be booked on their system due to a "computer" problem. They don't know when it will be fixed.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:19 pm

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but that's oddly "convenient" given that BR is the best option to cross the Pacific without scamcharges.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by phiraod
I called Aeroplan and they told me that starting Jun 26, no EVA flight can be booked on their system due to a "computer" problem. They don't know when it will be fixed.
Funny how Aeroplan can foresee a computer problem and not fix it ahead of time !
Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Funny how Aeroplan can foresee a computer problem and not fix it ahead of time !
Disgusting is the word I'd use. Or maybe transparently obvious (yeah, that's two). Let them start writing paper tickets if their "system" can't handle reward tickets on non scamchargeable carriers.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: AC E50K
I want to make a change to a reward ticket with a few segments on BR (EVA segments are not changing though) Will this mean they can not reissue the ticket?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eternity000
I want to make a change to a reward ticket with a few segments on BR (EVA segments are not changing though) Will this mean they can not reissue the ticket?
Will do no harm to call. But sounds like possibly yes.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nicok
tyberius you are right, even the ANA tool stoped showing J buisness class at some point last week , but not united, and now it's back on ANA...

Did the agent see a BR J seat that was not on the Aeroplan website and could have booked it?
She just couldn't see the HND-TPE leg but was able to hold the TPE-YYZ leg (now one of you guys probably took it heh). When she said she saw no connecting flight, I went to the ANA tool and she was right, every flight from BR was gone out of HND there too.

If they are back now, then I can maybe go back and try to make the change. But I'll save maybe $250 and have to pay $90 change fee. So I am kinda borked at this point.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:44 am

Cool

Silly question, but if I have a ticket Yul-YYZ-TPE with the 2nd segment on Eva, is there a way to get a boarding pass printed on Eva paper or on AC paper (I have a collection of all my boarding passes the first time I try a new airline). I suppose I can always go to Eva check-in at Toronto and reclear security which should be nearly non-existent given the flight time, but if I can get it printed at the gate it would be even better.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:59 am

Silly question, but if I have a ticket Yul-YYZ-TPE with the 2nd segment on Eva, is there a way to get a boarding pass printed on Eva paper or on AC paper (I have a collection of all my boarding passes the first time I try a new airline). I suppose I can always go to Eva check-in at Toronto and reclear security which should be nearly non-existent given the flight time, but if I can get it printed at the gate it would be even better.
You'll be able to get one at the gate.

When I flew from YYZ, the gate agent actually paged people to have their boarding passes swapped for BR printed ones.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:13 pm

Small detail, but great news!!
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: MR Plat
I made a change on June 28th to a J reward ticket for a CA segment for travel in October which includes travel in BR segments. A ticket was reissued with new ticket numbers on the 30th without any problems. Called all of the airlines and everybody confirmed and seats assigned.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 1:35 pm
Suspended

I'm told that it will possibly take a week to rectify the issue with EVA @ Aeroplan.

Availability is showing again at ANA.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
Hi all:

I'm planning a potential trip to Asia for next year and it seems to me that the EVA problem still hasn't "fixed" yet. I tried searching online and even called the call centre but nothing is available. Would anyone know what's really going on? I hope they are not permanently pulling EVA out of the system.

Thanks,
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:27 pm

I'm wondering about this too. Called the Aeroplan line today and the agent didn't know when or if it would be available again.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I'm wondering about this too. Called the Aeroplan line today and the agent didn't know when or if it would be available again.
Are you kidding me

I was counting on some reasonable EVA redemptions... if those are gone, I won't cut up my Aeroplan card but I will burn my stash on UA and that will be the end of any type of aggressive point collecting for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.