Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by crimsona
If Eva air is showing for other routes, it's probably jus blocked for north America to Taipei
I tried to find any EVA flights on Aeroplan for these routings, all of which have traditionally had plenty of availability:

1. HND or NRT to Taipei

2. TPE to HKG

Nothing showing in economy or business class regardless of dates.

Someone at Aerorplan needs to get their act together.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: AC E50K
What's strange is that it's not only TPAC flights being blocked. I have a flight from DPS-TPE, which I may want to change dates and AE is not offering me the direct BR flight but instead trying to route me through SIN or BKK.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Or at least they owe it to us to explain what is happening. They set up a system where we have to plan 9 months in advance a lot of the time. We're just trying to play by their unfair rules, but to make these black holes with no comment is not fair.

I tried to call in again and this time got disconnected when the agent put me on hold.

Messages on twitter and facebook ignored. Flyertalk does not exist to them, only to AC. They won't respond to email. Phone calls to agents get shrugs.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tyberius
Or at least they owe it to us to explain what is happening. They set up a system where we have to plan 9 months in advance a lot of the time. We're just trying to play by their unfair rules, but to make these black holes with no comment is not fair.

I tried to call in again and this time got disconnected when the agent put me on hold.

Messages on twitter and facebook ignored. Flyertalk does not exist to them, only to AC. They won't respond to email. Phone calls to agents get shrugs.
Well this has now made the travel blogs - not sure if we are any more likely to get a response from Aeroplan, but it least it will help publicize the issue:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...award-flights/
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Benner
Well this has now made the travel blogs - not sure if we are any more likely to get a response from Aeroplan, but it least it will help publicize the issue:

I think similar situation is happening to CA bookings on some flights. I looked at YVR - PEK from now to the end of booking calendar and see nothing at all.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I think similar situation is happening to CA bookings on some flights. I looked at YVR - PEK from now to the end of booking calendar and see nothing at all.
+1
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:53 am

If you are referring to business class, that looks to be a problem on CA's side than Aeroplan. I see nothing available on CA using the ANA tool.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by tng11
If you are referring to business class, that looks to be a problem on CA's side than Aeroplan. I see nothing available on CA using the ANA tool.
OK, has that been the problem for some time or CA will no longer provide availability, any explanation from any of the parties?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:13 am

OK, has that been the problem for some time or CA will no longer provide availability, any explanation from any of the parties?
Hmm now that I've been digging deeper something funny seems to have happened with CA. TPAC routes that used to be abundant in F/J space have all vanished in terms of availability. IAH/YVR/LAX have nothing available from the few random checks I did through the entire schedule. This is a pretty new development to me, considering I've seen pretty good CA TPAC availability in the past.

FRA-PEK in F/J for instance, is available on the overwhelming majority of dates for the entire schedule.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Response from Aeroplan on twitter:

If u can't find avail for the flights that u r looking for, try checking back often. Airlines sometimes release seats later
Clueless? Or purposeful denial of EVA blocking?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Benner

Awesome!

As I just posted the Twitter reps are either in denial or not informed. Hopefully more pick up the story. I'll call them again today.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
What a major league pissoff. Adding BR to *A has been one of the only real improvements to AE in the time that I've been a FT member. Now it has been pulled away.

I am determined to burn off my points on scamcharge free flights while they last, but of course AE has to make it harder and eliminate one of the few means of actually doing that. To do so without an explanation or even an acknowledgement of any kind ("Duhhhh, we don't know what happened, we can't see the flights") is .........gery of the highest order. Bunch of jerks.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:35 am

There are BR award seats on/after 6/27/2015 while people started reporting no availability since end of June. The search result is totally different between 6/26 and 6/27. Maybe AC intents or happens to set the wrong date in their system. Somebody who is in a hurry to book award travel can call and let them know this fact.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: AP, SPG, Amex MR, BAEC, IHG
Fixed? After much HUCA got a genius agent who said this was a known issue being worked on (apparently BR segments would all book fine and then something missing on EVA's end would cause them to cancel the ticket 24h later, so they had to remove all seats until resolved).

After rebooking me on a non-standard United multi-leg from hell, he discovered the problem was just now fixed and rebooked me on BR036 in J.

So it may be possible to book on the phone if you give the agent the segment details, though the Aeroplan website still isn't showing availability. Good luck!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by dillybravo
Fixed? After much HUCA got a genius agent who said this was a known issue being worked on (apparently BR segments would all book fine and then something missing on EVA's end would cause them to cancel the ticket 24h later, so they had to remove all seats until resolved).

After rebooking me on a non-standard United multi-leg from hell, he discovered the problem was just now fixed and rebooked me on BR036 in J.

So it may be possible to book on the phone if you give the agent the segment details, though the Aeroplan website still isn't showing availability. Good luck!
Excellent. Sounds like some good news finally!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.