Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Is an Aeroplan Business award = Royal Laurel? I am easily finding 3 J BR 35-BR 237 (YYZ-TPE-CGK). Doing CGK back to YYZ is not showing much J love. Just like AC33/34. Easy on the way out, not so on the way home - only 1 J. Me and my son might just have to lump it in Y, hell our vacation is over... Wife earns most of our ap miles.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC, CX Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
Is an Aeroplan Business award = Royal Laurel? I am easily finding 3 J BR 35-BR 237 (YYZ-TPE-CGK). Doing CGK back to YYZ is not showing much J love. Just like AC33/34. Easy on the way out, not so on the way home - only 1 J. Me and my son might just have to lump it in Y, hell our vacation is over... Wife earns most of our ap miles.
Yes, BR35 (YYZ-TPE) business class is Royal Laurel.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I believe the flights to avoid (old angled seats and no Royal Laurel) are YVR-TPE and SEA-TPE and vv.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I believe the flights to avoid (old angled seats and no Royal Laurel) are YVR-TPE and SEA-TPE and vv.
Avoid any EVA 747

I believe SEA-TPE vv are now 777 "some days" as well
Old May 14, 2014, 3:39 pm

As someone who flew a ridiculous number of longhauls in F in the last 5 weeks (on CX, SQ, QF, BA, LH and OZ), I was still very impressed with my BR J flight from YYZ-TPE.

I would rank it better than BA F and it can stand its ground compared to other F products. The hard product is absolutely fantastic and the service was very good. The food left something to be desired (great cappucinos and Dom though!), but for what you're paying this is bar-none the best use of AP miles out there.
Old May 15, 2014, 1:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AC 2MMSE, Fairmont Platinum, SPG Platinum,M&More HON
Originally Posted by tng11
As someone who flew a ridiculous number of longhauls in F in the last 5 weeks (on CX, SQ, QF, BA, LH and OZ), I was still very impressed with my BR J flight from YYZ-TPE.

I would rank it better than BA F and it can stand its ground compared to other F products. The hard product is absolutely fantastic and the service was very good. The food left something to be desired (great cappucinos and Dom though!), but for what you're paying this is bar-none the best use of AP miles out there.
Agree 100%!!!
Old May 15, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Agree also, flew YYZ-TPE recently and loved the hard product. Curious to see how it will compare with the new AC 788 J seat. Reverse herringbone is the way to go...! I think AC made a good decision choosing that config as well.

The wine selection was excellent and Dom great, The food otherside was kind of sub standard. Not so tasty, had pieces of fat attached to chicken pieces etc..

But for the rest, IFR, service etc. That was a good experience. Also flew another BR segment TPE-KUl and this time the food was better...
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: AC E50K
Toronto MLL - Flight on Eva

I purchased a business reward ticket for my sister (no status) on AC & BR and she will have a 5 hour layover in Toronto. Does she only have access to Eva's plaza premium lounge or can she visit the MLL too?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Eternity000
I purchased a business reward ticket for my sister (no status) on AC & BR and she will have a 5 hour layover in Toronto. Does she only have access to Eva's plaza premium lounge or can she visit the MLL too?
Lounge access is based on the outbound boarding pass, which appears to be EVA Air departing and AC returning. If EVA Air uses the PlazaPremium at YYZ-T1 that would be the lounge she would have access to based on the airline's commercial agreement with PP to accommodate its premium passengers. The MLL could be used if your sister has STARGold status, but would be the lounge used on the return connection. Of course on her departure she can use the MLL at that airport if there is one.

Hope she enjoys her flight. I just flew BR's business class and it was very nice indeed.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
I believe that if you have a * Alliance international business class ticket, you are allowed into any * Alliance lounge accessible at your departure airport, status irrelevant.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:12 am

She can use the MLL, but be reminded that it closes at 11 or so.

The PP lounge at YYZ is complete garbage - I'd definitely sit out as long as I can in the MLL before moving over.

I love EVA's business product. Definitely up there with SQ and CX, and even better than BA F or UA F IMO.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by markandrew
I believe that if you have a * Alliance international business class ticket, you are allowed into any * Alliance lounge accessible at your departure airport, status irrelevant.
She can use the MLL, but be reminded that it closes at 11 or so.

The PP lounge at YYZ is complete garbage - I'd definitely sit out as long as I can in the MLL before moving over.

I love EVA's business product. Definitely up there with SQ and CX, and even better than BA F or UA F IMO.
Thank you both ^ She will be very happy to hear that!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

It's a very good business product but not that good that it matches first. It's certainly only F in its wine list (very fine red and white top end Burgundies as well as the Dom...2004 vintage last Thursday to CDG) and maybe the revered Rimowa amenity kit. The food was mediocre at best if you took what was on the menu, though my duck ordered in advance was passable. Seat is okay, but none of the real F trappings of padding and sleep suit. Nor do BR's lounges at TPE come anywhere close to BA's, CX's or SQ's first class lounges and food/drink offerings. (Not to be expected to meet that standard since BR doesn't have F.) In fact, I found them somewhat disappointing, not to mention confusing, and what gives with The Club, Star and Infinity? In fact, I was most impressed with the calibre of BR's regional business on my A321 flight from KIX-TPE, the large seat and IFE.

I stand corrected on the MLL access issue.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
It's a very good business product but not that good that it matches first. It's certainly only F in its wine list (very fine red and white top end Burgundies as well as the Dom...2004 vintage last Thursday to CDG) and maybe the revered Rimowa amenity kit. The food was mediocre at best if you took what was on the menu, though my duck ordered in advance was passable. Seat is okay, but none of the real F trappings of padding and sleep suit. Nor do BR's lounges at TPE come anywhere close to BA's, CX's or SQ's first class lounges and food/drink offerings. (Not to be expected to meet that standard since BR doesn't have F.) In fact, I found them somewhat disappointing, not to mention confusing, and what gives with The Club, Star and Infinity? In fact, I was most impressed with the calibre of BR's regional business on my A321 flight from KIX-TPE, the large seat and IFE.

I stand corrected on the MLL access issue.
I brought my own SQ pyjamas and stole the comforter/pillow from an empty seat - so that definitely improved the experience. I agree the lounges were confusing and nothing special, but they were good enough to get a quick shower and some wi-fi use before connecting.

Maybe it was an off-day - but I thought BA F was really mediocre. The seats were dirty, the padding clearly worn through and the food questionable. The CCR was also a big disappointment (had a fruit platter that tasted like it came from a Y tray and juice clearly from concentrate, along with dirty washrooms.)

But of course, it doesn't have a candle on F of most airlines. Many of those come at a higher price in terms of miles, fuel surcharges and difficult availability. Considering the lack of scamcharges, the great seat availability and the overall product, I was impressed!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:14 am

HKG-TPE: Do I qualify for AP miles?

Hi all,

New to the forum and had a quick question. I apologize if this belongs in a different forum - mods, feel free to move if necessary.

I'm booking a HKG-TPE round trip with EVA Air got the following message in the "passenger" tab where I fill out my information

Frequent flyer program
Since UNI Air (B7) is not a Star Alliance member Airline, Star Alliance Airline frequent flyer members will not be able to accumulate miles/point or use Star Alliance benefit when flying with UNI Air (B7).
I know certain EVA Air flights qualify for AP miles but from the wording above I'm assuming this specific flight doesn't. If anyone can shed some light onto this, that'd be great. TIA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.