Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:21 pm

Lots about the new Eva's Royal Laurel but how are the old Business seats for planes not converted. I am looking at BBK - VIE flight and can't find any pictures how the seats are setup. Angle flat means what and how is the service different from 77N flights? Should I do the BBK-AMS and then VIE, is it worth the extra flight? Anyone flew the"old" planes to compare?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Lots about the new Eva's Royal Laurel but how are the old Business seats for planes not converted. I am looking at BBK - VIE flight and can't find any pictures how the seats are setup. Angle flat means what and how is the service different from 77N flights? Should I do the BBK-AMS and then VIE, is it worth the extra flight? Anyone flew the"old" planes to compare?
Its Premium Laurel to VIE, but Royal Laurel to AMS.

For PL:
http://www.flatseats.com/Reviews/eva.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmfkkt_ML4k 9about six minutes into the video)

For RL:
http://www.bornrich.com/eva-airs-new......-seats.html

http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...usiness-class/

Suspect I would go to AMS and then VIE if I had the choice
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
You don't want to fly that route...those seats on the A330 are narrow and angle lie flat with minimal personal space. I flew on one of their A330s last week connecting to the 777-300Er and though I honestly won't be flying them again soon (service issues primarily) the seat on the 777 is just sooooooo much better than the A330 and the IFE is newer and everything is just better on their 77W product.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Does anyone know how far out BR is releasing award seats? Planning to fly YYZ-TPE-HAN next fall on a AE ticket, and would like to get it booked before the increase in the new year.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AskTravis
Does anyone know how far out BR is releasing award seats? Planning to fly YYZ-TPE-HAN next fall on a AE ticket, and would like to get it booked before the increase in the new year.
Have you tried on the aeroplan web site?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
Must be easier to ask, unless it does not show up yet for dates required.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Does the Aeroplan website indicate the numbers of days in advance, or is this just a 'try every day and see what is available' comment.

If the latter, I think I could get better information and experiences here. If the former, I apologies for reading this a wasted comment.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by seegs
I really enjoyed my entire experience on BR. I walked off the plane saying that I would definitely pay cash to fly the Royal Laurel product in future.
Pretty much mirrors my thoughts earlier in the summer when I took BR. Fast forward to now and I have 2 J tix booked for lezz than AC Z. Even if BR was up to 20% more than AC, I wouldn't have hesitated to go with BR.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by payam81
Pretty much mirrors my thoughts earlier in the summer when I took BR. Fast forward to now and I have 2 J tix booked for lezz than AC Z. Even if BR was up to 20% more than AC, I wouldn't have hesitated to go with BR.
We flew BR, revenue Z, YYZ-TPE-YVR, last summer, and even though the YVR flight was their old business class (premium laurel, not royal, silly names), we appreciated the quality of service. Especially since my wife broke her leg in Taiwan and needed special assistance. The on-board special assistance was very good. Like, bringing the on-board wheelchair whenever she needed to go to the washroom.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Can anyone comment on the connecting experience in TPE?

I have a couple of flights coming up on EVA with what appear to be relatively tight connections (~80min). Does one need to clear customs and security when connecting? How long does it take? And how are the J class lounges?

thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
TPE has sterile connections - just a security check.
Airport is quite efficient, 80 minutes should be fine.
T2 has a large BR lounge which is used by most Star Airlines, as well
as a smaller SQ lounge that you may be entitled to use.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:45 am
Suspended

EVA Airways Credits

I took ICN <> TPE 2 weeks ago on EVA Airways, however, the mileages had not yet been credited to my account. Does anyone know how long it would take?

My account will expire on 1 November if no activity before then (was waiting the BR flights activity), any suggestions on a crediting an activity with minimal mileage deductions? Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by AskTravis
I'm looking at YYZ-TPE seats as well and they seem to show up as far as the availability calendar goes on Aeroplan, so 356 days?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:31 pm

We flew BR, revenue Z, YYZ-TPE-YVR, last summer, and even though the YVR flight was their old business class (premium laurel, not royal, silly names), we appreciated the quality of service. Especially since my wife broke her leg in Taiwan and needed special assistance. The on-board special assistance was very good. Like, bringing the on-board wheelchair whenever she needed to go to the washroom.
I understand your situation required special attention from the FA and you got it. But how is your unbiased view on overall product used for TPE-YVR verses YYz-TPE. I am evaluating a YVR-TPE flight vs SFO-TPE. Currently I am booked via NRT to SIN. I wanted a better deal going via TPE. I understand TPE was your stop, then how good is the transportation from the airport to a hotel and back as I would like to overnite before going to SIN.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
TPE to downtown Taipei is about at 40 minute cab ride, it is always a flat 1200 NTD (
approx $40).

There are some hotels near the airport, but I have never tried any of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.