Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Oh I misunderstood, that's good to know!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:14 pm
alc

Power Outlet in Y...

So, I can ask for an extension cord to run it from Business Class to my seat in Y, correct?

I didn't know they do not have power outlet until reading the few recent posts... I assumed no USB port either. I guess I will need to charge all my stuffs before get on the plane. But jerryhung had stated that the IFE has more Asian content, so might not need to power up my stuff.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by alc
Power Outlet in Y...

So, I can ask for an extension cord to run it from Business Class to my seat in Y, correct?

I didn't know they do not have power outlet until reading the few recent posts... I assumed no USB port either. I guess I will need to charge all my stuffs before get on the plane. But jerryhung had stated that the IFE has more Asian content, so might not need to power up my stuff.
Correct, no power outlet, no USB port at all - on 77W/747

You do have nice IFE (both touchscreen AND in-seat control), and many Asian (Taiwan, HK, Japan) movies with subtitles, so that's what I always watch, since Hollywood movies can be watched elsewhere
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:24 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Flying BR today on a short flight ( TSA-GMP). The flight is delayed due to late
incoming aircraft. What is nice is that they have already sent me 2 text messages
about this - the first around 2 hours before the flight to announce a one hour delay,
( pity I had just gotten into the cab to the airport); the second about 20 minutes
later to announce the delay has been revised to only 40 minutes.

I have never received any texts from AC about delays ( a couple of times a phone call
from the concierge), and I have never seen AC revise a delay in my favour - making
it earlier than first posted.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Good news...EVA is increasing frequency of YVR and YYZ flights to 4 per week starting June 2014.

http://www.evaair.com/en-global/news...Frequency.html
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:11 pm

Any news of TPE-YVR becoming Royal Laurel?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:12 pm

Wow... I did not know Eva flew to Anchorage!
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EVA692
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by lowside67
Wow... I did not know Eva flew to Anchorage!
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EVA692
I believe that is a cargo flight only. TPE-ANC-DFW. Probably just a fuel stop in ANC.

http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/EVA_Air_BR_692
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:22 pm

STPC Program on EVA with Aeroplan tickets

Hi guys,

My parents are flying to Bali soon in BR J. On the return to YYZ, they have the forced overnight in TPE after arriving from the DPS - TPE sector and before connecting to the TPE - YYZ sector. Both segments are in J.

EVA runs a stopover paid by carrier program as I was able to find here. However, my father called the EVA office in Toronto who apparently then contacted the office and Taipei and was informed that award tickets do not qualify for the STPC program. However, there is no such mention of this on that pdf page. Does anyone have any experience with an overnight connection in Taipei?

Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Note my parents' itinerary then continues to MCO so in principle any US DoT protections/regulations should be in effect.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:21 pm
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Hi guys,

My parents are flying to Bali soon in BR J. On the return to YYZ, they have the forced overnight in TPE after arriving from the DPS - TPE sector and before connecting to the TPE - YYZ sector. Both segments are in J.

EVA runs a stopover paid by carrier program as I was able to find here. However, my father called the EVA office in Toronto who apparently then contacted the office and Taipei and was informed that award tickets do not qualify for the STPC program. However, there is no such mention of this on that pdf page. Does anyone have any experience with an overnight connection in Taipei?

Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Note my parents' itinerary then continues to MCO so in principle any US DoT protections/regulations should be in effect.
I think that is is normal protocol. I had an award tkt with TK and had a 13 hrs connection in IST. On a paid tkt you get a hotel, but on an award tkt you don't.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by zh
I think that is is normal protocol. I had an award tkt with TK and had a 13 hrs connection in IST. On a paid tkt you get a hotel, but on an award tkt you don't.
+1 agreed - I also think that this is pretty much "industry standard".

AC have a similar scheme but redemption and industry discount tickets are excluded.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by zh
Originally Posted by Clipper801
+1 agreed - I also think that this is pretty much "industry standard".

AC have a similar scheme but redemption and industry discount tickets are excluded.
Fair -- all I am looking for is the explicitly written terms and conditions, as on your AC example.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Fair -- all I am looking for is the explicitly written terms and conditions, as on your AC example.
http://www.evaair.com/en-us/infinity.../requirements/
Under Requirements -> Guidelines for EVA Air/UNI Air International Ticket Awards Redemption
EVA Air will not provide free hotel accommodation, day rest service or shuttle bus service to an award ticket holder.

Last edited by Virginia Emery; Feb 27, 2014 at 3:21 pm
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
http://www.evaair.com/en-us/infinity.../requirements/
Under Requirements -> Guidelines for EVA Air/UNI Air International Ticket Awards Redemption
Thank you. Much appreciated.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:16 pm

Just posted a trip report on EVA. It was an Aeroplan J class award, NRT-TPE-HKG return for 30,000 miles and less than $50.00 in taxes. Great value!

My first flight of 4 was NRT-TPE, and luckily for me they substituted a 777 with Royal Laurel class, so I was able to preview that. (Mrs. Mapleg and I are taking the YYZ-TPE return flight in May this year, so now I know what I will be getting in terms of hard product)

Here's the report if anyone is interested.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...kg-return.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.