Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Westwood818
What lounge does EVA Air use at YYZ Terminal 1?

Last year, EVA Air was still at Terminal 3 and we used the Premium Plaza lounge.
Premium Plaza lounge. No shower, decent food. And literally right @ the gate
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Premium Plaza lounge. No shower, decent food. And literally right @ the gate
Thanks! I'm going to make sure I have extra provisions so I can shower when I arrive in TPE.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Westwood818
Thanks! I'm going to make sure I have extra provisions so I can shower when I arrive in TPE.
They provide basically everything, towels and more!

Once you get to the TPE, RUN out of the plane (to get a shower room), and get to the lounge. If you are connecting to another destination and are flying RL/PL, then you can get into the Infinity Mileagelands lounge (the fancy new Las Vegas one) - turn right when you get into the lounge. Use the showers there, they are more spacious. You'll want to hit the "blue" button on the wall (turns on AC - I can't read Chinese and found that tip online). If you're stuck without a shower, hang a left instead of a right when you go in, that's the StarGold lounge (worse food, but at least there are 4 or so showers). Main difference between the two again is a) space and b) there's no toilet in the Stargold shower room

Lmk as usual if I can provide any assistance! #fanboy for life
Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:31 pm

Thanks for the tips. I checked out the lounges last time I was in TPE but I did not take a shower. But, since I have a 3 hour layover this time around, I'll shower so I'll feel more refreshed.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Turkish Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
so said Eva is not flying hello kitty jet from LA next year. Hope they'll resume it soon~
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by changey2
so said Eva is not flying hello kitty jet from LA next year. Hope they'll resume it soon~
Coming to Houston
Old Dec 21, 2014, 3:17 pm

I've noticed that after the update to the Aeroplan's system on Oct 29 there has been a huge reduction in BR (Eva airline) flights available. Did Aeroplan start blocking the seats and will only release them 3 months out.

This is so frustrating because I want to fly on EVA to Hong kong.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Iceequeen
I've noticed that after the update to the Aeroplan's system on Oct 29 there has been a huge reduction in BR (Eva airline) flights available. Did Aeroplan start blocking the seats and will only release them 3 months out.

This is so frustrating because I want to fly on EVA to Hong kong.
AP hasn't done anything, but BR has started blocking availability to the entire *A IIRC.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rehoult
AP hasn't done anything, but BR has started blocking availability to the entire *A IIRC.
This is an untrue statement, sadly. I have had an official dialogue with the BR YYZ office. Aeroplan is the one blocking redemptions.

This is from BR. (which I have received permission for to post on FT)

--
As stated in previous email, we do have reserved seats (booking class: I) for Star Alliance Members, including Aeroplan in this case.

At this moment, I can see I class seats inventory for next 360 days (until early December 2015) in our booking system. Thus, these seats are already in the system as stated in previous email.

However, we are unable to confirm when these I class seats will be released by Aeroplan into its platform. As I class is for all Star Alliance members, other airlines may enable their members to reserve these seats earlier than Aeroplan.
--

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Dec 21, 2014 at 9:24 pm
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
This is an untrue statement, sadly. I have had an official dialogue with the BR YYZ office. Aeroplan is the one blocking redemptions.

This is from BR.

--
As stated in previous email, we do have reserved seats (booking class: I) for Star Alliance Members, including Aeroplan in this case.

At this moment, I can see I class seats inventory for next 360 days (until early December 2015) in our booking system. Thus, these seats are already in the system as stated in previous email.

However, we are unable to confirm when these I class seats will be released by Aeroplan into its platform. As I class is for all Star Alliance members, other airlines may enable their members to reserve these seats earlier than Aeroplan.
--
Wow if this is true, AP is down right awful.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eternity000
Indeed. This is another email from BR (which I have received permission for to post on FT) - this and the one above! I think BR's strategy is to try to sell revenue seats until last minute (e.g. 2 weeks), and then allow redemptions (2 to 3 in J). The problem with that is...BR is claiming AE is releasing them last minute. This would defeat my hypothesis...unless AE wants us to redeem these BR seats last minute due to no YQ. Funny thing is TPE to anywhere in Asia you can book a year out...without an issue...it's getting to TPE which is an issue.

--
Thank you again for choosing EVA Airways. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed the trip.

Since you are a member of Aeroplan, we are unable to confirm when will be release the seats in their system. Although we do have seats reserved in our flights for Star Alliance partners’ reward programs, each reward program functions individually/differently with its own operation.

For the availability release/ticketing time, kindly contact Aeroplan for their policies and the best way to reserve flights on all Star Alliance members in their system.
--
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Eternity000
I m calling BS on it.
Unless there is a giant conspiracy amongst all the FFPs to block I space - its BR not releasing.
The seats are not available using UAMP, Lifemiles, nor do they show up on the ANA search.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I m calling BS on it.
Unless there is a giant conspiracy amongst all the FFPs to block I space - its BR not releasing.
The seats are not available using UAMP, Lifemiles, nor do they show up on the ANA search.
I do not disagree, by any means. Just posting what I was told. I have tried UA's program as well, I cannot secure seats on BR. I am unsure about other *A partners, but man it annoys me.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:06 pm

Yeah the BR office is totally BSing you. Probably there's I class availability to their own FFP members - but there's absolutely nothing with ANA, LifeMiles, AP or UA. They're on a pretty strict T-14 release schedule now for long-hauls, and it seems to be like that for some Asia routes too (which used to be easy to get), e.g. BKK, HND/NRT, SIN

Life goes on - why you need to treat FFP miles like pesos, spend them whenever you can!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tng11
Yeah the BR office is totally BSing you. Probably there's I class availability to their own FFP members - but there's absolutely nothing with ANA, LifeMiles, AP or UA. They're on a pretty strict T-14 release schedule now for long-hauls, and it seems to be like that for some Asia routes too (which used to be easy to get), e.g. BKK, HND/NRT, SIN

Life goes on - why you need to treat FFP miles like pesos, spend them whenever you can!
That's what I thought. When I inquired, they said their members inventory comes out of a different inventory class??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.