Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Announcing Air Canada Altitude

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by KenHamer
After reading all the details I think that... oh wait... I just realized I don't care.
Really,not judging by your posts lately
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:29 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
Really. It time you stop being bitter & bash AC every opportunity you get.

Here is one example: EZE-NRT 11,374 miles.

The fare in coach may be more than going via USA on US carriers or Japanese carrier.

AC not competive coach fare with upgrades is way lower than discounted business fare on that route with Japanese carriers.

There is fair amount of trafic between SA & Asia. With the Olympics there will be increase traffic.

AC does have Asian based SE.
UA for example has large Japanese MP members.
Ah, drugs and cheap makeup...

Bash?

I was simply pointing out that this change is likely to affect very few people, if any. If anything, it was a defence of the change.

I can only presume you are externalizing some bitterness of your own.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond

Yawn ... another boring episode of the HHHHaammmmer show
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
UA for example has large Japanese MP members.
Suspect they also have some slim and slender ones as well.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:38 pm

[QUOTE=Shareholder;19354006]Shame on you! Trying to sneak out of paying another SWU!![/QUOTE

Do you read before you reply.

Read my routing. Does UA do YYZ -NRT. Does UA do NRT-YVR-YYZ.

As for sneaking in, really, pray tell me how can I sneak out e-Upgrade credits on the computer or with agent.

Number of E-Credits required, done by AC computer, let me guess you do not know this, because you have not upgraded since AC went electronic.

While we are on UA topic: Same for UA. The computer automatically takes out the E-SWU.

That does not work. Return turn around does not count as one continuos journey.
I tried it to NRT. Booked a fare with no minimum stay requirement,thus legal retouing.
YYZ-NRT-YVR-YYZ (3 hours between arrival in NRT & departure from NRT.
I had a 2 hour Airport meeting in UA RCC.Did not even clear Japanese customs or Immigration.
On landing in NRT, just took the connection lane, went through connection security & to UA RCC.
Had to cough up 2 sets of upgrades
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by gl89
Well, my 2¢ worth:

I'll be 50K E for next year.

Already, with the change to the T+ fares, I am flying UA more. Full miles, cheaper price, have my Nexus card so USA is less hassle.

Had e-credits expire last year and will have more this year go.

I lose preferred seating next year.

I have been weighing moving to UA plan next year. I think it might make sense for me to do this. I usually fly to Asia. I won't pay the T+ fares. So maybe UA makes sense for me.

<sigh>
Are you SE this year? You say that you will be losing preferred seating next year but for an E that reaches A50K it will be the same as before.

From ACTT's post - Preferred Seats. Elite 75K members will enjoy complimentary access to Preferred Seats next year when traveling on any Tango Plus or Latitude fare. Super Elite 100K members will have access to Preferred Seats with any fare. And before you ask, as today, Elite 35K and Elite 50K members will retain complimentary access to the forward bulkhead Preferred Seats.

Your other reasons for leaving are very valid but that one confuses me.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:58 pm

I have top tier with 2 of the best North American FF program who service my international travel :AC & UA.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I have top tier with 2 of the best North American FF program who service my international travel :AC & UA.
But you don't have top tier with THE best one.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
But you don't have top tier with THE best one.
LOL .
The one that serves Krug with strawberries & Caviar from YVR to North American cities
The one that only allows international upgrades on Y, B, M fares & award currency that is nicknamed Skypesos

Last edited by yyzprincess; Sep 20, 2012 at 6:20 pm
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
For the post regarding YEG-YVR, the base miles that you earn flying AC is 502 miles( I confirmed by looking on a friends AE account).

I wonder if YEG-YVR counts than?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
hmmmm....Got the email and sat through a lecture reading all the changes...

I'm going to be between 35 and 50 ish, almost all domestic, so I really don't think the changes are that bad. With 35K I still get MLL access in canada, priority ground services- mainly security lines (minus priority baggage, which makes little difference), and eupgrades at 4 days... Losing *G is annoying for the few times I do use it, but its not the end of the world.

For some of the higher levels...Interesting to see SEs get aeroplan and ACV upgrade opportunities-- I think it's a great way to reward the top FFs, without having to give up space that could be from fare pax (as these can only be requested at check in, as I understand).

I also like the new zones for Eupgrades. I think for alot of shorter commuter flights, especially out east, it will be a welcomed change. For the Tango plus pax who need to spend over 30 credits for an upgrade on the longest routings, not so much...

I'm not sure how I feel about the tighter upgrade rules (nominees, fewer credits for SEs)-- I like that it gives more opportunities for lower status pax to get in and make J a bit more "exclusive", but I do think the top FFs deserve to be rewarded for their loyalty- especially considering what other US carriers are doing with unlimited upgrades....

Overall, I'm happy! I think AC knows that for those with 35-50K, most travel is domestic, and their new levels and benefits show that. For the top FFs, international perks are still there with even more available for reward/vacation travel.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by nave888
hmmmm....Got the email and sat through a lecture reading all the changes...

I'm going to be between 35 and 50 ish, almost all domestic, so I really don't think the changes are that bad. With 35K I still get MLL access in canada, priority ground services- mainly security lines (minus priority baggage, which makes little difference), and eupgrades at 4 days... Losing *G is annoying for the few times I do use it, but its not the end of the world.

For some of the higher levels...Interesting to see SEs get aeroplan and ACV upgrade opportunities-- I think it's a great way to reward the top FFs, without having to give up space that could be from fare pax (as these can only be requested at check in, as I understand).

I also like the new zones for Eupgrades. I think for alot of shorter commuter flights, especially out east, it will be a welcomed change. For the Tango plus pax who need to spend over 30 credits for an upgrade on the longest routings, not so much...

I'm not sure how I feel about the tighter upgrade rules (nominees, fewer credits for SEs)-- I like that it gives more opportunities for lower status pax to get in and make J a bit more "exclusive", but I do think the top FFs deserve to be rewarded for their loyalty- especially considering what other US carriers are doing with unlimited upgrades....

Overall, I'm happy! I think AC knows that for those with 35-50K, most travel is domestic, and their new levels and benefits show that. For the top FFs, international perks are still there with even more available for reward/vacation travel.
Have you seen how many eupgrades you are losing along with the *gold benifit? and you are happy?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
I am sticking wiht AC. at SE level, its still pretty damn good. for someone who is YYZ based, its about the best in terms of nonstop and convenient flights anywhere. the service is good and Y and J class are on par with better (not best) carriers. connecting via the US is not an option unless you like getting abused.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC QR WS*P
Was looking through the bundles for the 35K, as that is where I will sit for this year. While I mostly do international travel I just didn't fly enough to make 50K, so I can accept the reduction in benifits from E to E- until I make 50K next year (provided there is early recognition for 50K next year).

For Bundle 1 I am undecided on what to choose between the bonus miles, the credits, and the international lounge access (all of which I could use). Provided there is early recognition 50K for 2014, and I were given it for 2013 as well (as had been done for E in the past), if I opted for the 50% bonus when early recognition came in for 2013/2014 would the bonus be back credited for past flights in 2013, or just for my remaining flights in 2013 (this is probably covered in a past post somewhere). If they would be back credited for previous flights there would be no reason to select the mileage bonus for this year, as I will certainly make 50K next year, which would leave the choice between using international lounges vs. 10 credits (which at 35K might not be so useful anyway as I will be likely on Q class tickets). This probably hasn't been announced yet, but in the past have they back credited bonus miles for early recognition?

Bundle 2 is interesting, the aircanada.com travel options is quite vague (and the default option):

Choose this Select Privilege and enjoy a range of complimentary or discounted travel options, such as Onboard Café, which can be applied on future bookings completed at aircanada.com.

Free (or discounted) meals on domestic flights...I guess that would be a decent choice if someone only/mainly flew domestic, which (as I was posted earlier) this range is catered to (no pun intended). The wording kind of makes it hard to consider it as an option as it is written now.

Last edited by kelapstick; Sep 20, 2012 at 7:04 pm
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:01 pm
7E7

Programs: AC*E75
Originally Posted by SKYEG
For the post regarding YEG-YVR, the base miles that you earn flying AC is 502 miles( I confirmed by looking on a friends AE account).

I wonder if YEG-YVR counts than?
I wonder too. If I need work done I sometimes upgrade this route, would probably do more at only 4 credits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.