Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Announcing Air Canada Altitude

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2013, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by plgplg
Followup question: I now have 35k status ... I am traveling today through YYZ with a layover ... what do I need to bring (since I don't have my card yet) to the lounge to convince them to let me in?
Nothing. You show your BP.

But if you are saying that you earned your 35,000th mile somewhere in the air between your origin and YYZ today, the chance that you can get into the lounge is rather slim.
Old May 27, 2013, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by plgplg
Followup question: I now have 35k status ... I am traveling today through YYZ with a layover ... what do I need to bring (since I don't have my card yet) to the lounge to convince them to let me in?
As hydrogen said, your BP should be enough, but it will need to say E35K on it. Does your account on altitude.aircanada.com show E35K? If it shows there, but not on your BP, you can remove and add your AP number from the reservation, and reprint the boarding pass, and it should show up.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: AC35K, HH Diamond
Newbie questions here:
I received Altitude 35k for 2013 but have never used it yet
When flying with my spouse, who is a non-elite (although she is elite in MY eyes)
1. Can she come to Priority Checkin with me?
2. Can she accompany me to the MLL
3. Can she accompany me on Priority Boarding to the plane ?
4. I think there is a way I can use my eUpgrades to apply for both of use to be upgraded, but do you know if I get my seats on an AC flight through Aeroplan or AirMiles do we still qualify for upgrades? (except instead of 2 or 4 eupgrade tickets it will cost us 10 each?)
5. I have read in one of the forums here about a mini RoundTheWorld through Aeroplan does anyone have a link for more information? Searching the Aeroplan site came up with NADA

Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions. There used to be an AC twitter account that we could ask questions like this to, but I deleted it because it was SO busy, and now I can't find it again.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by BillAnderson
Newbie questions here:
When flying with my spouse, who is a non-elite (although she is elite in MY eyes)
4. I think there is a way I can use my eUpgrades to apply for both of use to be upgraded, but do you know if I get my seats on an AC flight through Aeroplan or AirMiles do we still qualify for upgrades? (except instead of 2 or 4 eupgrade tickets it will cost us 10 each?)
5. I have read in one of the forums here about a mini RoundTheWorld through Aeroplan does anyone have a link for more information? Searching the Aeroplan site came up with NADA

Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions. There used to be an AC twitter account that we could ask questions like this to, but I deleted it because it was SO busy, and now I can't find it again.
Welcome to FlyerTalk. The twitter account is now acaltitude instead of actoptier.

1. Yes. Technically only if she's on the same PNR (itinerary), but no agent will refuse to check her in if she's on a separate one.
2. Yes. You get spouse and children + 1 guest. But as E35K, only at domestic and transborder MLLs unless you chose *Gold lounge access as your select privilege.
3. Yes. Well, technically no, but this is another case where you just politely ask the gate agent if your spouse can board with you and I've never seen them refuse.
4. You can't e-uprade Airmiles tickets period. S100K can upgrade Aeroplan for North American destinations. If it's a Flex ticket you can upgrade yourself + 1 pax on your itinerary. If she's on a separate one, then you have to add her as a nominee (I think you get 1 as E35K).
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
Hey,

1. Yes, if you are on the same reservation.

2. Yes, you can bring your spouse and an additional guest to MLL located on the domestic or trans-border areas in Canadian airports.

3. I don't think so. You may be okay if you ask the gate agent politely but sometimes they are pretty strict.

4. Upgrades are only available for Elite 35K on Flex and higher fares within North America and Flex M fare, latitude and higher worldwide. So you can't upgrade an aeroplan booking with e-credit. But you can certaintly add her to your list of nominees.

5. A mini round the world is a normal multileg reward booking which is possible because Aeroplan allows you to cross 2 different oceans, so for example you can get a reward ticket from Halifax to Bangkok but your routing can be Halifax - Vancouver - Tokyo - Bangkok - London - Halifax.

I hope this helps : )

Originally Posted by BillAnderson
Newbie questions here:

Last edited by sluis; Jun 7, 2013 at 10:35 am
Old Jun 7, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC35K, HH Diamond
Thanks a lot for your reply
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:35 pm

Ideas / ways to improve the Altitude program

Thought I'd start a new thread by suggesting ways to improve the Altitude program - hopefully our friends at Air Canada can see this and make some improvements!!!

I'll start with a couple of small things:

1. Early recognition rewards inequity
- When a E35K graduates to E50K; or E50K graduates to E75K, they the full benefits as if they started "fresh (e.g. 5 additional NEW lounge passes when graduated to E75K, etc, on top of the base they already received from E50K or E35K when they started off). On the other hand, if you started off at E75K, you will NOT get additional lounge passes. Thus, a new flier that graduates through the year will get MORE benefits than an existing flier that started off at a higher level.

Suggestion: Make it so that as you earn segments / miles regardless of what level you started, you will get the new benefits so that one would not have more advantages than the other. e.g. a person starting at E75K reaching 75K in the subsequent year will get 5 more passes, etc... the same amount that a E50K will get when he graduates E75K. Equalize the benefits.

2. Inequity in early recognition

If one is E100K, all they need to fly is 90 segments instead of 95 to requalify in the following year. If one is E50K, they need to fly 45 segments instead of 50 to requalify in the following year.
But a E100K who reduces travel in the following year to say 45 segments, they will not receive E50K status. Yet the E50K gets a easier ride by requalifying at 45. This is unequal, again.

Suggestion: Make lower requalification apply to ALL altitude status, and not just the one you already have.

Anyways you guys probably have more but here is just a start.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by theseatbelt
Thought I'd start a new thread by suggesting ways to improve the Altitude program - hopefully our friends at Air Canada can see this and make some improvements!!!

I'll start with a couple of small things:

1. Early recognition rewards inequity
- When a E35K graduates to E50K; or E50K graduates to E75K, they the full benefits as if they started "fresh (e.g. 5 additional NEW lounge passes when graduated to E75K, etc, on top of the base they already received from E50K or E35K when they started off). On the other hand, if you started off at E75K, you will NOT get additional lounge passes. Thus, a new flier that graduates through the year will get MORE benefits than an existing flier that started off at a higher level.
Are you sure about that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.