FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Announcing Air Canada Altitude
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:16 pm
nave888

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
hmmmm....Got the email and sat through a lecture reading all the changes...

I'm going to be between 35 and 50 ish, almost all domestic, so I really don't think the changes are that bad. With 35K I still get MLL access in canada, priority ground services- mainly security lines (minus priority baggage, which makes little difference), and eupgrades at 4 days... Losing *G is annoying for the few times I do use it, but its not the end of the world.

For some of the higher levels...Interesting to see SEs get aeroplan and ACV upgrade opportunities-- I think it's a great way to reward the top FFs, without having to give up space that could be from fare pax (as these can only be requested at check in, as I understand).

I also like the new zones for Eupgrades. I think for alot of shorter commuter flights, especially out east, it will be a welcomed change. For the Tango plus pax who need to spend over 30 credits for an upgrade on the longest routings, not so much...

I'm not sure how I feel about the tighter upgrade rules (nominees, fewer credits for SEs)-- I like that it gives more opportunities for lower status pax to get in and make J a bit more "exclusive", but I do think the top FFs deserve to be rewarded for their loyalty- especially considering what other US carriers are doing with unlimited upgrades....

Overall, I'm happy! I think AC knows that for those with 35-50K, most travel is domestic, and their new levels and benefits show that. For the top FFs, international perks are still there with even more available for reward/vacation travel.