Search

The R Games

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by aaamr
Hi all -

I'm booked in PY (E class) from YYZ --> EZE, and put in for an eupgrade at almost exactly T-5 days. As expected, I'm waitlisted.

Current inventory according to expertflyer: J8, R0

Any thoughts on the odds of this clearing? I'm 50K, and this trip will put me to 75K for the year.

Cheers,

/a
I'd say your upgrade chances from PY (E) are quite good, especially since the number of business travellers should be limited on Christmas.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC75K, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'd say your upgrade chances from PY (E) are quite good, especially since the number of business travellers should be limited on Christmas.

Let's hope. I'll be travelling on the 23rd... will report back, of course.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC75K, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by aaamr
Let's hope. I'll be travelling on the 23rd... will report back, of course.

Looks unlikely at this point.

J0/R0/P0/C0/D0/Z0

Business class looks full on the inventories, though 4 seats not yet assigned.

Oh well.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Flying AC737 into SFO April 1st. Is there some reason this flight is crazy busy? Some SFO convention I've missed that has everyone flying in Saturday morning?

The Sat flights for the next two weeks and even the week after have tons of J seats free (and selling non-flex J) yet April 1st just shifted to flex-J only which puts my chance of an upgrade stupidly low. Though it doesn't appear to be waitlisting, yet.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by jc94
Flying AC737 into SFO April 1st. Is there some reason this flight is crazy busy? Some SFO convention I've missed that has everyone flying in Saturday morning?

The Sat flights for the next two weeks and even the week after have tons of J seats free (and selling non-flex J) yet April 1st just shifted to flex-J only which puts my chance of an upgrade stupidly low. Though it doesn't appear to be waitlisting, yet.
Still looking like that's the best flight of the day for upgrades.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Still looking like that's the best flight of the day for upgrades.
Woah that's more open than I thought too.

Will keep my fingers crossed, I just like the fact that this is the only flight to have pods. Which makes paid J more expensive.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:57 am

Can someone check for me please AC 873 on July 18th and AC 844 on August 1st? I think I'm Economy L but when I go to the upgrade bid site and enter my details I always get "We are sorry, there is no space available". Can it really be fully booked already 4 months in advance? I get the feeling that somehow either my fare isn't upgradable and/or something is hindering it because I originally booked over expedia (where I got a lufthansa booking reference, had to call aircanada reservations to get the aircanada booking reference). Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ArnoldB
Can someone check for me please AC 873 on July 18th and AC 844 on August 1st? I think I'm Economy L but when I go to the upgrade bid site and enter my details I always get "We are sorry, there is no space available". Can it really be fully booked already 4 months in advance? I get the feeling that somehow either my fare isn't upgradable and/or something is hindering it because I originally booked over expedia (where I got a lufthansa booking reference, had to call aircanada reservations to get the aircanada booking reference). Thanks
According to EF:

July 18 AC873 YYZ:FRA: J9 C9 D9 C9 Z9 P0 R4
Aug. 1 AC844 YYC-FRA: J9 C9 D9 C9 Z9 P0 R0

So assuming you're buying a Latitude fare, you can currently upgrade the 1st segment, but not the 2nd.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
As far as I know, Upgrade Bid site is by email invitation only, and only a couple of weeks before the flight. How are you trying to UG?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
As far as I know, Upgrade Bid site is by email invitation only, and only a couple of weeks before the flight. How are you trying to UG?
It's on the aircanada.com page (under "Book" -> "Upgrades" -> "Upgrade bids"), or direct link https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/AirCanada

According to EF:

July 18 AC873 YYZ:FRA: J9 C9 D9 C9 Z9 P0 R4
Aug. 1 AC844 YYC-FRA: J9 C9 D9 C9 Z9 P0 R0

So assuming you're buying a Latitude fare, you can currently upgrade the 1st segment, but not the 2nd.
Weird, then why does it say "We are sorry, we have no space available?" I only have one AirCanada booking reference that they gave me over the phone. There are the five flights of my trip listed(LH, AC, AC, LH, OS) and in regards to the AC flights it says "Economy Lowest" on top and "LH6676/LH6793 (Economy L) Operated by AirCanada". Maybe the system is somehow confused by that or something? (2ppl flying btw)
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weird, then why does it say "We are sorry, we have no space available?" I only have one AirCanada booking reference that they gave me over the phone. There are the five flights of my trip listed(LH, AC, AC, LH, OS) and in regards to the AC flights it says "Economy Lowest" on top and "LH6676/LH6793 (Economy L) Operated by AirCanada". Maybe the system is somehow confused by that or something? (2ppl flying btw)
My information was related to using e-upgrade credits (which top tier status members receive) and purchasing a full-fare B/Y ticket.

Bidding for business class is something completely different and are based on completely different rules. In fact, I'm not even sure you can bid for upgrades booked under a LH flight number (i.e. codeshare flights) - I don't think so, but am not 100% sure.

P.S. This is definitely the wrong thread for your question. This thread is about upgrading using e-upgrade credits.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:00 am

My information was related to using e-upgrade credits (which top tier status members receive) and purchasing a full-fare B/Y ticket.

Bidding for business class is something completely different and are based on completely different rules. In fact, I'm not even sure you can bid for upgrades booked under a LH flight number (i.e. codeshare flights) - I don't think so, but am not 100% sure.

P.S. This is definitely the wrong thread for your question. This thread is about upgrading using e-upgrade credits.
Oh sorry, never mind me then. But thanks for the answer
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:05 am

Just wanted to add, all altitude members get eUps right? Even the lowly oft forgotten P25k get 20. Higher tiers just get/can get more.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Somehow won the aerolotto today on AC148. Thought it was tough for a SE to clear on a 789, so it really must have taken a miracle for me. Flight was J5, so I was 100% expecting to sit in Y today. Chances look dismal on AC624 tonight which is J1. I imagine my luck has run out
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:07 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
I highly recommending using EXPERT FLYER.com. Costs about $100 per year but well worth it when planning. I have been able to score e-ups on 99% of my flights. The one exception was when I did not have enough certs but the Concierge in Paris could not have been more helpful in getting me an entire row in Y so I could stretch out. That was a few years ago.

Today with less SEs competing for fewer seats, I have scored because of my loyalty and status with AC. That has worked for me and I recommend it to everyone. Either be loyal or take the consequences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.