Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The R Games

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Flight has a light load. I've found lots of R space on all my European flights this summer. Security fears have hurt tourism to Paris.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/03/news...rorism-travel/
I also notice R=9 is virtually for all of next two weeks.. interesting, AC must be having a really... really hard time selling these J seats to Paris. Even having a hard time for people to pay them for the upgrade(Or even SE getting them without co-pays)

Even the one depart tomo is R=9 LOL

Def hurting them hard..... but also perhaps pointing to Sub 2K R/T fares coming soon or maybe less CO-Pay given the brutal pounding?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I also notice R=9 is virtually for all of next two weeks.. interesting, AC must be having a really... really hard time selling these J seats to Paris. Even having a hard time for people to pay them for the upgrade(Or even SE getting them without co-pays)

Even the one depart tomo is R=9 LOL

Def hurting them hard..... but also perhaps pointing to Sub 2K R/T fares coming soon or maybe less CO-Pay given the brutal pounding?
I haven't looked recently, but historically YUL - CDG was twice as much as YVR - YUL in a pod. But only 1.5x the distance.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
To R on a Flight Pass or Not to R, your guess is as good as any

I have been making pretty regular use of Latitude Flight Passes this year. My travel patterns are very unpredictable, I have a lot of eUpgrades and the airport I have been originating from for some reason has very high Latitude Fares (so the flight pass cuts about 30% off that cost).

The biggest benefit is the large amount of flights I can confirm-upgrade on. This is mitigated however by one really annoying thing: Confirmed eUpgrades show on many flights in the booking tool, but when I go in to the eupgrade tool to make the booking, it puts me on the waitlist.

It would be one thing if the inventory lagged by a few minutes or something, but I have seen it languish for well over a week at times.

Does anyone else experience this regularly? What good is the online eUpgrade indicator if it can't be trusted at all? I waste a lot of time booking flights, trying to upgrade them, and then having to cancel and look for a new one.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by eastcoastcan
I have been making pretty regular use of Latitude Flight Passes this year. My travel patterns are very unpredictable, I have a lot of eUpgrades and the airport I have been originating from for some reason has very high Latitude Fares (so the flight pass cuts about 30% off that cost).

The biggest benefit is the large amount of flights I can confirm-upgrade on. This is mitigated however by one really annoying thing: Confirmed eUpgrades show on many flights in the booking tool, but when I go in to the eupgrade tool to make the booking, it puts me on the waitlist.

It would be one thing if the inventory lagged by a few minutes or something, but I have seen it languish for well over a week at times.

Does anyone else experience this regularly? What good is the online eUpgrade indicator if it can't be trusted at all? I waste a lot of time booking flights, trying to upgrade them, and then having to cancel and look for a new one.
Sound like you need an EF subscription...
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

1. As YOWgary says, get an EF subscription
2. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...6-r-games.html
3. You did not indicate what type of Latitude FP you are on. Is it one that gives free comp to J at T-48 or is this a Latitude FP for an international destinations? You need to be specific in describing your FP.
4. I have never had the problems that you are describing and I have had a kazillion Latitude FPs under my belt, including Eastern Canada to Europe Latitude FP.
5. AND BTW, UPGRADES FROM LATITUDE DO NOT DEPEND ON R, so what you are describing doesn't make any sense.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
1. As YOWgary says, get an EF subscription
2. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...6-r-games.html
3. You did not indicate what type of Latitude FP you are on. Is it one that gives free comp to J at T-48 or is this a Latitude FP for an international destinations? You need to be specific in describing your FP.
4. I have never had the problems that you are describing and I have had a kazillion Latitude FPs under my belt, including Eastern Canada to Europe Latitude FP.
5. AND BTW, UPGRADES FROM LATITUDE DO NOT DEPEND ON R, so what you are describing doesn't make any sense.
I am on Eastern Canada to Europe Latitude using eUpgrade points.

Today I am trying to book AC 619 to AC 868 and this is what I see on AC.com

The phone agent told me I needed R space to upgrade. What space do I need to look for?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum

The phone agent told me I needed R space to upgrade. What space do I need to look for?
R space isn't viewable on the Air Canada website, you need access to the individual fare classes, as provided by ExpertFlyer.

As Nomad says, R space shouldn't be relevant on a Latitude pass, you got an ill-informed agent.

What dates are you looking at?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
And you believe what the agents tell you?

You need P space as your determining space for your FP in question. When the upgrade is applied, P and R go down by one, even if it is R0, in which case stays at R0.

Forget what the agent told you. After how long this rule has been in effect and a majority of them still know SQUAT.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:43 pm

You need P space for eUpgrades on international flights on latitude fares.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...des/howto.html

For eligible customers travelling on international flights with a Latitude (booking classes Y and B) or Premium Economy Flexible (booking class O) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “P” booking class at time of request. For eligible customers travelling on North American and Caribbean flights with a Latitude (booking class Y, B) or Premium Economy Flexible fare (booking class O) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “Z” booking class at time of request.

For eligible customers travelling on flights to North American, Caribbean and International destinations holding a ticketed reservation in any other eligible fare (e.g. Flex, Premium Economy Lowest), upgrades are based on the availability of “R” booking class at time of request.

Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:44 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
What letter do I need to look for if R isn't applicable for the upgrade on LAt fare to FRA.
I just booked a flight to FRA , the upgrade thing said u will be waitlisted.
I then completed my booking , went to the request upgrade section , and it was now available?
Thx

Do I look for p or z in expert flyer to determine if the upgrade should indeed be available.

IT certainly sucks that it takes so much effort to see if we are indeed seeing accurate info when booking
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by RZR
What letter do I need to look for if R isn't applicable for the upgrade on LAt fare to FRA.
I then completed my booking , went to the request upgrade section , and it was now available?
Thx

Do I look for p or z in expert flyer to determine if the upgrade should indeed be available.

IT certainly sucks that it takes so much effort to see if we are indeed seeing accurate info when booking
See post #1570.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey eastcoastcan, come over here so I can slap you upside the head with a wet fish!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by RZR
Thx

Basically for latitude fares, you need P space on international flights and Z space on NA flights.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:16 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Thx all.
I had a 25% discount code. Actually saved 22%. Was very surprised it was that much "actual"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.