Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The R Games

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Taking off with a couple of empty seats in J is now a common sight. Last year it almost never happened. For the last 2 months I would say that 75% of the 20 or so segments I flew on AC had empty J seats.

With a little planning, upgrade success in 2013 has been 100% so far. 50% upgrade at or within the 7 days window and 50% at the gate. Mix of TATL-TPAC-domestic and transborder flights

I can not complain ^
Old May 15, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 767300ER
Taking off with a couple of empty seats in J is now a common sight. Last year it almost never happened. For the last 2 months I would say that 75% of the 20 or so segments I flew on AC had empty J seats.

With a little planning, upgrade success in 2013 has been 100% so far. 50% upgrade at or within the 7 days window and 50% at the gate. Mix of TATL-TPAC-domestic and transborder flights

I can not complain ^
Same here - all but 1 segment this year has been successful, and that was a Sunday night YYZ-TLV which was J0 when I booked, busy route.

YYZ-SYD in a few days, still J8... wish R>0 though... but I understand. Looks like a gate clear.
Old May 15, 2013, 3:07 pm

I can not complain ^
Hmm I'm pretty sure all the AC flights I've been on this year were completely full in J.
If you don't mind, can I ask which flights had empty J seats, if you can recall them? (specifically TATL and TPAC.)
I'd certainly be willing to adjust my flight patterns if the flights with empty J seats fit my travel needs.
Old May 15, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by agjil
Hmm I'm pretty sure all the AC flights I've been on this year were completely full in J.
If you don't mind, can I ask which flights had empty J seats, if you can recall them? (specifically TATL and TPAC.)
I'd certainly be willing to adjust my flight patterns if the flights with empty J seats fit my travel needs.
I guess you understand that load change every day and on every single destinations. I don't think the little sampling of flights I took can indicate a specific trend on a single destination.

I only commented that compared to last year I see more empty seats than before. Typically 1 2 or 3 but some of the flights I took recently had empty seats. In 2012 it was a very rare sight. I don't think anybody can use this to plan their flights in specific destinations. As usual you need to plan a little, try to use certain days, book later so see how the J space goes etc..

The flights I remember to have seen empty seats in 2013 include SYD-YVR, FRA-YUL, YUL-FRA, FRA-YYZ, LAX-YUL, YYZ-PHX, YYZ-CPH, CDG-YUL, YUL-YYZ, YUL-YVR etc.

Last edited by 767300ER; May 15, 2013 at 3:42 pm
Old May 15, 2013, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not seen that many flights with empty seats. Probably depends on the route?

However, the other day, my YYZ-YYC flight had eight empty seats in J. I have never seen a flight between YYC and YYZ going with empty J seats before.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Hi,

I just booked HKG-YVR and then YVR-LIM with two separate PNRs.

Can someone please help me understand why R space is wide & available @ T-7 (at time of booking) at both HKG-YVR and YVR-LIM but if I bought HKG-LIM under 1 reservation, I am waitlisted??

I would have saved 500$ on Flex if I booked HKG-LIM under 1 reservation code. but unfortunately it would have made my all upgrade requests as waitlisted...It just doesn't make sense to me that HKG-YVR and YVR-YYZ-LIM are R>9 if booked separately but R=0 if booked under 1 booking/reservation....
Old May 27, 2013, 3:33 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Was on AC33 YYZ-SYD last night. 10+ empty seats in J from YYZ-YVR and at least 1 empty seat YVR-SYD.
Seems like getting upgrades is getting easier, if you have the right fare.
Old May 27, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
On AC158 (YEG-YYZ red eye) with over sold Y and there was only 6 of us in J on an A321. The only flight I have been on with a sold out J was YYZ-YVR on a 777 two weeks ago.

I am just newly minted E35 and took my E50 flight today and so far I am very pleased with eUps.
Old May 27, 2013, 6:02 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
As an E35 I am 100% this year. In fact I will run out of eUps next week assuming my upgrades clear to IAH (normally an easy upgrade). Fortunately I hit E50 next week as well so I should get a new batch prior to my next trip. I had assumed the worst with E35 but I have been pleasantly surprised. I have even had YYZ-YYC and YYZ-SFO flights clear.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
AC 7/8 have been 100% for me this year.
Sitting on AC 7 now and J is very empty. The SD told me there is 150 pax in Y and only 20 in J.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by mendy7511
AC 7/8 have been 100% for me this year.
Sitting on AC 7 now and J is very empty. The SD told me there is 150 pax in Y and only 20 in J.
Lots of R9 within the 7 day window.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I just learned that they are extending the upgrade window again for the summer, SE will be 14 days! Suppose to start in the next couple of weeks.

On Saturday I was upgraded 7 days out YEG-YYZ-LGA but waitlisted LGA-YUL. YEG-YYZ J was full, YYZ-LGA there were 3 out of 9 and LGA - YUL 8 out of 9 were full.

Today YOW-YYZ upgraded right away, YYZ-YEG been wait listed 7 days and today they say 9 open seats and six on the waitlist!

The games we play indeed
Old Jun 9, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: Altitude SEMM
The R Games

Two empty seats in J on 697 (YYT-YYZ) this evening. On this trip (4 AC flights, 2 TATL), all cleared at T-6 for this E75K.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is it possible the "enhancing" the FF program with Tango fares, etc., actually enhanced upgrades?

I'm waitlisted on a LAX-YVR segment right now, so R isn't wide open everywhere, but a few of my flights are J9R0 at less than T-6, so I'm hopeful about those
Old Jun 9, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Another data point: 4 empty J seats on AC 831 today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.