Wiki Posts
Search

The R Games

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Just got bumped out of my confirmed upgrade,
Retraction: just got bumped up again at the last minute. (Sort of. )
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Playing the R games tomorrow night YYZCDG with J5R0Y0...We'll see what happens!
Old Dec 16, 2013, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Playing the R games tomorrow night YYZCDG with J5R0Y0...We'll see what happens!
Upgrades are usually very easy to get on the CDG flights if you have SE status.

I´d in fact be more confident that I´d get the upgrade on YYZ-CDG showing J2 vs. YYZ-FRA showing J5.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Upgrades are usually very easy to get on the CDG flights if you have SE status.

I´d in fact be more confident that I´d get the upgrade on YYZ-CDG showing J2 vs. YYZ-FRA showing J5.
Thanks. That's good to hear, especially since the flight is now showing J7 ^

So far all my intl upgrades as a SE in the last two years have cleared either at request or a T-2 to it will be my first time playing international Aerolotto.

Return on the CDGYUL already confirmed in R, in the new config. That should be interesting too...
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Thanks. That's good to hear, especially since the flight is now showing J7 ^

So far all my intl upgrades as a SE in the last two years have cleared either at request or a T-2 to it will be my first time playing international Aerolotto.

Return on the CDGYUL already confirmed in R, in the new config. That should be interesting too...
Not interesting nor fun if in Y.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Not interesting nor fun if in Y.
Which is why I'm glad the upgrade cleared at request!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:41 pm

I have an upcoming YYZ-YVR-SEA flight, which I booked on AC.com after searching for YYZ-SEA. (short connection in YVR.)
The upgrade window opens soon, so I was doing a quick check on upgrade availability today.
When I select "Display only fares eligible for upgrade" after searching for YYZ-SEA flights on AC.com, the YYZ-YVR segment is grayed out for my flight.
However, if I search only for YYZ-YVR on AC.com, the exact same flight is upgradable with a blue square next to it.
What does this mean?
Am I going to be able to upgrade the YYZ-YVR segment or not in this case?
This is a little confusing.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by agjil
The upgrade window opens soon, so I was doing a quick check on upgrade availability today.
When I select "Display only fares eligible for upgrade" after searching for YYZ-SEA flights on AC.com, the YYZ-YVR segment is grayed out for my flight.
However, if I search only for YYZ-YVR on AC.com, the exact same flight is upgradable with a blue square next to it.
What does this mean?
Buggy interface. I believe you can upgrade.

If it does not work on line, try phoning when the window opens.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by agjil
I have an upcoming YYZ-YVR-SEA flight, which I booked on AC.com after searching for YYZ-SEA. (short connection in YVR.)
What does this mean?
In case you're not aware, I believe you have a 2 or 3 week window because of the current promotion, rather than 6 days.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Grrr, have been waiting a few days to book AC 858 (11:10pm) next Saturday. It's gone from R9 to R1 to R0 to R5 (last night) to R0 now (convienently just within the 7 day upgrade window) while J/C/D are all at 9.

Maybe I'm not going to miss SE March 1st after all
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Another great example of the R games AC plays. Tonight AC033 suddenly is showing R=1 - so anyone on the waitlist can manually get the upgrade themselves online or call in and get the eupgrade by having an agent push it through, and obviously people on the list aren't getting processed. Someone can even buy a T+ ticket right now and immediately upgrade. Concierges say no eupgrades on that route for almost 2 weeks, has been overselling in both Y and J but to see R=1 right now a few hours before the flight is maddening!
Flying this route next week and hoping for an eupgrade so checking flightstats/EF regularly!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by mountaingrl
Another great example of the R games AC plays. Tonight AC033 suddenly is showing R=1 - so anyone on the waitlist can manually get the upgrade themselves online or call in and get the eupgrade by having an agent push it through, and obviously people on the list aren't getting processed. Someone can even buy a T+ ticket right now and immediately upgrade. Concierges say no eupgrades on that route for almost 2 weeks, has been overselling in both Y and J but to see R=1 right now a few hours before the flight is maddening!
Flying this route next week and hoping for an eupgrade so checking flightstats/EF regularly!
J1 C1 D1 Z1 Y8 B8 M8 U8 H8 Q8 V8 W8 S8 T6 L3 K1 G8 A1 R1

If I didn't have meetings tomorrow, I'd buy a ticket.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:34 am
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
Originally Posted by mountaingrl
Why don't you just set an alert in EF for when R = 1 or greater?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CT1
+1
This is what I do always.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by CT1
Done, thanks for the reminders! ^ I wasn't flying last night on AC033 but curious because SO was with only 2 upgrades offered I believe (as J has been selling too well )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.