Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The R Games

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 6:18 pm

Depends on how many SE's on the list and LMU that get purchased...
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: E50K
Come on! I know it depends on SE's and LMU's, but have a guess. 10%? 50%? 90% chance? 19 seats showing empty on AC (yes, I know the vagrancies of that). Still J9 R0. Give me your guess best. I will buy you a Molson Canadian next time we meet in the MLL lounge.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:21 pm

50% 19 seats can be way off; can be as low as 9; less then half of what you think.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:23 pm

I believe it may be a bit easier for a 50k then it was last year; now having to pay 750$ on top of flex and points has turned many off.... Also depends on your fare class...
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by jjlm
Come on! I know it depends on SE's and LMU's, but have a guess. 10%? 50%? 90% chance? 19 seats showing empty on AC (yes, I know the vagrancies of that). Still J9 R0. Give me your guess best. I will buy you a Molson Canadian next time we meet in the MLL lounge.
99.99%. They can't wait to get that $750 you are willing to hand over.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Lllahim
99.99%. They can't wait to get that $750 you are willing to hand over.
What? When has a LMU on a SYD fight came even close to 750$??

Why would AC be happy to take in 750$ when they could easily do double?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: E50K
Thanks for the guesses. But only flying the YVR to YYZ leg. And previously noted the unreliability of the AC flight. This game is no fun!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by jjlm
Thanks for the guesses. But only flying the YVR to YYZ leg. And previously noted the unreliability of the AC flight. This game is no fun!
I find that leg very difficult. Back when I was an elite (sorry, I know not a great data point but this is before it split into 35/50/75) I would get this route about 50% of the time.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by hearna
What? When has a LMU on a SYD fight came even close to 750$??

Why would AC be happy to take in 750$ when they could easily do double?
I think Lllahim was either referring to a Y fare or the int'l J upgrade add-on co-pay fee.
I'm guessing the latter.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Is there any way to determine R availabiltiy from AC.com when R>1? Before you could just try dummy bookings for 2 people, 3 people, 4 people etc. and keep checking to see if the "blue box" is still available. Can we do something similar now?

Now when you "hover" over the fare class it may say "available for upgrade" now but I think this means only R is at least one. It doesn't tell you how much greater than one that it may be.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I'm flying YYT-YYZ-YYC.

When I search for my YYZ-YYC leg by itself, it shows R = 0

When I search YYT-YYZ-YYC, the leg for YYZ-YYC shows R=2.

Does this mean that 2 of the R seats are held for the YYT-YYZ-YYC routing?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Does this mean that 2 of the R seats are held for the YYT-YYZ-YYC routing?
I doubt it, as you request upgrades per segment and availability seems to be per segment. If this is a KVS result, I've seen similar phantom availability in M space on YVR-YEG-YYC where none existed on YVR-YEG and was told that is due to married segments. That's beyond where my knowledge goes at the moment.

Does anyone know the latest situation: will LMU be offered if waitlisted? With J3 and Y9 i don't hope for any R space before T-24. Although I probably also shouldn't hope for an affordable TATL LMU...
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
I doubt it, as you request upgrades per segment and availability seems to be per segment. If this is a KVS result, I've seen similar phantom availability in M space on YVR-YEG-YYC where none existed on YVR-YEG and was told that is due to married segments. That's beyond where my knowledge goes at the moment.

Does anyone know the latest situation: will LMU be offered if waitlisted? With J3 and Y9 i don't hope for any R space before T-24. Although I probably also shouldn't hope for an affordable TATL LMU...
Yup. you called it correct. I'm wait listed now.

Do they ever open R space from T-7d until T-24h? Or is it going to be a gate call at this point?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.

Do they ever open R space from T-7d until T-24h? Or is it going to be a gate call at this point?
Often I have had space open between T-7 and T-24h, especially on this route.

Edit: Sorry, I read to fast and thought it was the YVR - YEG - YYC triangle! My mistake. Yes, space can open up on the YYZ - YYC, and I have had it happen before, but it's not as often as in the triangle.

Last edited by Sean Peever; Sep 19, 2014 at 9:46 pm Reason: made an error
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

IME AC rarely opens up R space between T-7 days and the day of departure, however AC does quite often "silently" upgrade some pax (SEs and pax on a Lat fare) at around T-2 days if J availability is reasonably high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.