Wiki Posts
Search

Flight report and feedback thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:55 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Arrow Flight report and feedback thread

We often see various feedback posted on different threads so I would like to start this thread for you all to post your feedback to your travel experiences. Having a consolidated thread like this will provide us with extremely valuable feedback especially since most of you travel so often. Here in the Commercial group, we are responsible for designing the product specifications as well as working with all the branches in the company to ensure that the specs are followed consistently. This will help us identify gaps where we need to work on as we strive to improve our products and improve on consistency. It will also allow us to identify areas where we are performing well and pass on commendation. Let's keep this thread to feedback only and not have discussions in here.

Thanks all.

My suggestion would be to copy the form below and select the onboard section pertaining to your cabin flown:

Flight/Origin-Destination:
Date:
Cabin:

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient?
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient?
Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks?
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient?
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates?

Onboard - J cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed?
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates?
Was the IFE activated on the ground?
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground?
Did crew offer to hang your jacket?
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)?
Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service?
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected)
How was the quality of all the meals?
Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight?

Onboard - Y cabin:
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/Onboard cafe to begin?
How was the quality of the meal/Onboard cafe?
Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight?

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time?

Overall experience/any other comments

Last edited by Andrew Yiu; Aug 8, 2010 at 7:16 pm
Old Aug 6, 2010, 5:09 pm

Programs: meh
Flight: AC1161
Date: 06/08/2010
Cabin: J

Pre departure
Used kiosk to check-in (no checked luggage)
Priority Boarding offered and used

Onboard - J Cabin
Professional and well groomed crew. Addressed by name when ordering meal.
IFE active (and a working map!) on ground
Pre-departure beverage was water only. No OJ on tray when leaving galley to start service
Newspaper offered to aisle seat, but not to me (window) before moving to next row
Meal order taken in air and possibly by status although I really wasn't paying attention this flight
Hot towel provided before meal
Meal tray was cleared about 1.5 hrs after departure
Bevy was continuously topped up until I declined more
Food quality (Cannelloni) was as I've come to expect, which is neither bad nor stellar...just adequate I guess.

Overall, good flight by my needs. Did find it odd that when priority boarding was offered the only people in sight were E and SE. All families boarded later even though they were invited to from the start.

Last edited by igloocoder; Aug 6, 2010 at 5:23 pm Reason: missed a couple of things
Old Aug 6, 2010, 5:18 pm
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
ok, I'll bite

Flight: 032
Date: 2 aug 2010

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient? Y; Connecting off CA flight on AC ticket; unfortunate that transfer desk can't process in PEK, which means a long trip out to the check in area
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? NA
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Y/Y - suggest PEK agents could do a better job of explaining (in Chinese) the boarding procedure - lots of confusion is always evident

Onboard - J cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed? Y
Was the IFE activated on the ground? No
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yes. I know this is a long time FT preoccupation, and I know that AC has more important things to worry about. But you can call sparkling wine champagne as many times as you want - that doesn't make it champagne!
Did crew offer to hang your jacket? NA. But I do like it that no one seems to mind that I dress in comfort for long haul.
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? newspapers on the ground; drinks and meals only in the air
Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? Y
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) - can't recall.
How was the quality of all the meals? BIG variation between outbound (YYZ-PEK_ and inbound (PEK-YYZ). I generally don't order meals on the PEK-YYZ and wish I hadn't this time - starter, cheese and desert were fine; main (lamb) was overcooked and tasteless
Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Y

Post departure

-maybe just me, but it makes a huge difference when SE meal orders are taken first and the SD comes by to say hello, as Sylvain did on this flight
-I was on this flight a few weeks ago (July 4) and wished to take advantage of the express meal service (or whatever it is called - quick meal service on request at any time). When I woke up and requested it, SD told me that I had to request it in advance at the time meal orders were taken, and that mains were no longer available. If this is correct, then the menu should make this clear
-movie selection is ok (ie I can still find something new after 4 transpacs this month); more tv rotation please
-is it quite impossible to find a trilingual fa who could move through the announcements more quickly?
-in an ideal world, on eastbound transpacs front J cabin would be dark (ie time at departure point) and mid J cabin would be bright (ie time at destination), and vice versa, and everyone would know this. Those of us who are trying to deal with jetlag would not complain about the meals being served at odd times. I know this is unrealistic and would cause as many problems as it would solve, but it's still on my wish list

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by SYM; Aug 6, 2010 at 5:25 pm
Old Aug 6, 2010, 6:12 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Flight: AC175
Date: Aug 4th
Cabin: Y

Pre departure

Was check in quick and efficient? Yes, concierge did everything, got us a car seat bag, checked our luggage, etc. Was very quick
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? concierge
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Yes, first ones on with baby
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? No delay

Onboard - Y cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed? Yes
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? n/a
Was the IFE activated on the ground? yes
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/Onboard cafe to begin? 40mins
How was the quality of the meal/Onboard cafe? same as usual - decent
Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight? yes

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Priority bags were on carousel when we got there

Overall experience/any other comments: Our first time traveling with a baby (11 months old) and it was excellent. FAs were helpful and overall it was a pretty pleasant experience (especially since I purposely sat in the back of the Y cabin)
Old Aug 6, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC Elite, Marriot Silver
Flight: 017 YYZ>YVR>HKG
Date: Thursday, July 29, 2010

PRE DEPARTURE

-Yes

Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient?
-Used the Nexus line which was quick and efficient

-Yes

-N/A

ONBOARD - J CABIN

-Yes

-Delay before push back, we were provided with timely updates

-No - mine wasn't working. Service director ensured that he reset the system once we got up in the air. Because safety video didn't work, I received my own personal safety presentation

-Yes

-Yes

Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)?
- Newspapers, menus, and meal orders taken on the ground. Meal orders taken on the ground -- not by status

- Yes

Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected)
- 1 hour? Not sure

- Cannelloni -- very good for the airplane
- Salmon -- dry
- Beef(YVR>HKG) -- very good

Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight?
-Yes

POST DEPARTURE

- NO
- Our priority bags were one of the last to come out

OVERALL EXPERIENCE / ANY OTHER COMMENTS

- My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our first experience in International Executive First.
- While we didn't use them, the noise cancelling earphones looked flimsy
- Cookies were brittle and were not hot, fresh and gooey tasting!
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:12 pm

I have an issue regarding meal orders in J international that I had been meaning to ask. What is the proceedure on meal service and orders. See below.

Flight/Origin-Destination: AC80 YYZ-LIM
Date: July 19
Cabin: J (full fare paid)

Onboard - J cabin:

If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? Was a delay of about 1 hour. Aircraft showed up at the gate late (from MX?) and was about 35 degrees C onboard as APU wasn't working (same with the Air Conditioning). Engines took a few tries to be started with alternate APU truck (needed two of them). We boarded and sat on the hot plane for about 45 mins waiting for them to start the engines with no AC. Crew appologized but that was basically it (obviously they were hot and there was nothing they could do)... wasn't a good start to a 8 hour flight sweating buckets and being "icky" for the rest of the flight. No joke of the 35 C temp either... the plane was probably in MX in the hot sun all day.

Was the IFE activated on the ground? Yes (although on AC81 on July 29th it wasn't until after takeoff - had the "welcome aboard" screen on until after annoucements.

Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yup

Did crew offer to hang your jacket? n/a

Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? My other issue with this flight. Meal order was taken on the ground starting at the front of K to the back of K side... then front of A side to back of A side. My qualm with this was they were not taken by status or by fare class. The cabin had a number of upgraded folks on it (at gate and otherwise) and the time they came to me in 8A there was only 1 choice left. I was both on full fare paid J and E. I would have thought that the upgrades would have got last choice. Was irked about that.

Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? Yup

Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) - I would guess 2 hours... but really wasn't paying attention it wasn't anything annoying or too long.

How was the quality of all the meals? Couldn't complain except for lack of choice (see above) for main meal. The snack on 80 and 81 was some weird grilled cheese/ham sandwhich which was quite gross. It was still frozen on the inside (wasn't heated enough - both flights) and was greasy/heavy and not a very good airplane snack. I regretted eating it but was starved (on the after take off snack on AC81 LIM-YYZ). Suggest more heating or a change...

Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Had to wave them down and ask for refills.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC922 YYZ-MCO
Date: July 29

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient? Yes

Not necessary - No lines at security

Yes, and yes

If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? N/A

Onboard - J cabin:
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? N/A
Was the IFE activated on the ground? Yes
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yes (non-alcoholic)
Did crew offer to hang your jacket? N/A
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? No newspapers/menus; meals taken in air
Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? Yes
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) 1.5 hours
How was the quality of all the meals? Average
Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? No

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Yes

A pleasant domestic J experience
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC 923 MCO-YYZ
Date: Aug 3rd

Pre departure
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? N/A
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Yes
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? N/A

Onboard - J cabin:
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? N/A
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yes (non-alcoholic)
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? No and no
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) 45 minutes
How was the quality of all the meals? Unacceptable - breakfasts are in need of significant improvement. Also my travelling partner requested a special meal that was marked on the manifest but not loaded by AC's catering company

Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? No

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Yes

Pleasant flight (except for the meal mixup)
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC 1 YYZ-NRT
Date: April 20, 2010

Pre departure
No. There were only 2 agents processing *G check-ins and both of them were "stuck" handling some sort of something with the pax. No new agents were called in, so the line only kept growing. Ended up checking in at the economy lines (how embarrassing too!!! I was travelling with my friends and me, the one with status, had to check in at the Y counters, quelle horreur!!)

Thanks to the volcano problem, there were basically very few international flights. There were two lanes open at security, one was the Pearson priority line. Both lanes were empty and my friends and I went through the priority lane. Not pleased -- even if the two lanes are empty, it's the principle of the matter!!!

Yes, but woah there were A LOT of status pax on my flight. Probably 1/3 of the plane boarded in the priority line.

Onboard - J cabin:
Yes.

No. Even worse, my half of the J cabin had to have a live safety demo since "the captain wants more power to pre-spool the engines". Sure...

Yup. I forgot what the two choices were, but I had some sparkling wine (I think the other choice was OJ??)

No wt_f!?!?!

Newspapers were distributed on the ground. Meal orders taken in the air. I think orders were taken by status; I asked the FA after he took my order and only gave me a sarcastic "thaaaank youuuuu" as a reply.

Yup

I've long forgotten. Had the SD not come to tell me to refrain from taking photos, I could go look at the timestamps on my photos. From takeoff to all items collected ... maybe 2 hours?

I LOVE THE KAISEKI MEAL!!!! I LOVE THE CHOCOLATE CAKE DESSERT!!!!

Yup.

Post departure
No. My "priority" bags, while it did come out shortly after I reached baggage claim, came out a few bags later than my Y-class friends. After enduring the indignity of checking in at the Y counters, I got yet more rib-poking from my friends about how much "priority" my status commands.

For some reason, I find that the women FA were much much much much much MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the male FAs. Like they were completely orders of magnitude better in service.

The SD was male (and barred me from taking photos), the FA who took meal orders (and gave me that sarcastic thaaaank yoouuuuuuu) was male. The FAs who took care of me after my nap and who did breakfast duty were female and OMG they were really great.

I recorded the names of the two women FAs who did a really really really exemplary job (unfortunately that file is in another hard drive). But the two horribad male FAs ... the SD's initials is DC and the other bad FA was ... I think a bald guy wearing circular-framed glasses.

---

Other comment: is it me or did MLL get completely ignored in the "pre-departure" section??
Old Aug 7, 2010, 3:38 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Andrew, do you have any interest in feedback on Jazz experiences or is this strictly for AC? Unfortunately I'm spending more time on Jazz than AC lately.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 4:07 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Since you asked...

Flight/Origin-Destination: 877 FRA-YYZ
Date: August 3

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient? all electronic
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? n/a
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? yes, but not valuable. Loaded onto a bus that was crammed very full with passengers and luggage jabbing into me for entire time on the bus -- not a priority experience.
Flight was officially delayed 30 minutes according to AC.com; however, no updates to departure time in terminal. Delay never mentioned in the terminal by anyone. Closest I got when I asked was an acknowledgment that we would be loaded onto buses 30 minutes before the original scheduled departure. Many passengers had run from other flights thinking we were still on schedule.

Onboard - J cabin:
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? No delay beyond original boarding delay, but never acknowledged by any crew on board. No explanation or apology for leaving or landing 30 minutes late.
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yes
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? yes, orders taken in the air
Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? yes
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) ~2 hours
How was the quality of all the meals? Pasta was fair -- not as good as on previous flights, was also overcooked and volcanic hot. Not able to eat the appetizer as it was ham with no other choice, given that many do not eat pork for various reasons, seemed a short sighted menu item if you are not offering any choice.
Did the cabin crew continuously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? yes

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? n/a

The FRA management of the flight was horrendous. First no acknowledgment of the scheduled delay. Loaded crew onto buses and then immediately started boarding passengers on to buses -- knowing that it would take crew at least 20 minutes to prepare the aircraft. Felt like they were more motivated to go home than concerned about our comfort. Overfilled buses way beyond standing room only and parked us next to the plane for 15 minutes while it was fueled and readied for us. When given the all clear, rather than loading one bus at a time opened the doors on all three buses and had a complete free for all to stairs front and back with no direction on who should go where, completely eliminating any efficiency from having two stairs. Despite the mad rush to get on the plane the FA checking boarding passes was engaged in a conversation with another crew member and snapped at my traveling partner who displayed his boarding pass for her to see but did not wait for her to acknowledge -- he was rudely yelled at to come back and show his boarding pass.

Once seated the crew and service were very professional and attentive.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:28 am

Thumbs up

Flight/Origin-Destination: AC168 / YYC-YOW
Date: Friday, 30-Jul-2010

Pre-departure:
No. Was travelling with a pet in cabin, and it was over an hour wait in the line. There needs to be a better way to deal with this, my dog travels with me constantly and its a terrible wait every time.
N/A
Was offered, though non-status pax crowded the podium. Didn't use, as I have no status.
N/A

Onboard - Y cabin:
Yes.
N/A
Yes.
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/Onboard cafe to begin?
20 minutes.
Food was ok, though the lack of hot for on the E90 sucks. However, I had pre-purchased food online, and the FA wanted to see a printed receipt from the website (which I didn't have), in addition to the BP (which had the correct markings on it). She did relent and serve me though.
Yes.

Post departure
N/A.

- Even with the check-in delays and what not, it was a good experience.
- The E90 has lots of room in Y, and works great for pets.
- Left my kindle on-board by accident (and didn't notice), and had a call from the ground crew before my cab had reached downtown to tell me they had it and I could pick it up at the baggage desk ^.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: meh
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC159
Date: Aug 6 2010

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient? N/A Connection
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? N/A
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Yes
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? Boarding delayed by about 10min. Didn't hear anything until GA walked down aisle with radio making call to someone to say that the final FA had made it

Onboard - J cabin:
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? Was only about 5min delay pushing back.
Was the IFE activated on the ground? Yes, and the moving map worked (as much as it does) on this flight!
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yes, water/OJ
Did crew offer to hang your jacket? N/A
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? Paper offered, menus distributed, but meal order not taken until in the air.
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) About 1hr 45min
How was the quality of all the meals? Cannelloni, good
Did the cabin crew continuously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Yes, until they turned off the cabin lights. Service was sparse from then until about 30min from landing. At that time they came through the cabin doing a water/OJ service like pre-departure except with glass glasses instead of plastic. Don't remember ever having this before, but it was appreciated.

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? N/A

Very good flight. During the period when the cabin lights were out there were no 'wake up calls' from the flight deck to update the trips status. This was very nice considering the majority of the J cabin was napping/sleeping.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 5:30 pm

Flight/Origin-Destination: AC167 / YOW-YYZ
Date: Monday, 2-Aug-2010

Pre-departure:
Yes. Even with a pet in cabin we with an agent in under 2 minutes.
Nexus, and it worked great.
Yes, agent even suggested me and Mrs. rehoult board with preboarding so that we could get the 2 dogs under the seats and carryons away without holding up the entire plane. Definitely a ^ for the entire boarding process.
N/A

Onboard - Y cabin:
Yes.
Yes. Thunderstorm on approach to YYC was reported by the Captain and he updated us at the dituation changed.
Yes.
30 minutes, at Captain's instruction that crew remain seated.
Acceptable.
Yes.

Post departure
Yes, we were out of the airport with bags within 20 minutes of the door opening.

- I described the flight to the Mrs as "The experience you are supposed to have when you flying Air Canada". It was perfect start to finish.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu

Flight/Origin-Destination: AC 1158 YYC-YYZ
Date: July 30

Pre departure

If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? No, departure was listed at 17:00 and when 17:00 came around and the plane wasn't at the gate it's pretty obvious that it's not going to be an on time departure.

Onboard - Y cabin:
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? Yes. The pilot's estimated landing was later than actual, so that's good.
Was the IFE activated on the ground? Yes, but shut off 30 min before landing.
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/Onboard cafe to begin? 30 min? I wasn't timing it. basically when the plane reached cruise altitude.
How was the quality of the meal/Onboard cafe? Didn't buy any.
Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight? Yes.

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Yes.

Pretty much what I'd expect, but I thought that IFE usually ran gate to gate now, I was surprised to have it shut off before decent started.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.