FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight report and feedback thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:03 pm
maradori

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC 1 YYZ-NRT
Date: April 20, 2010
Cabin: J

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient?
No. There were only 2 agents processing *G check-ins and both of them were "stuck" handling some sort of something with the pax. No new agents were called in, so the line only kept growing. Ended up checking in at the economy lines (how embarrassing too!!! I was travelling with my friends and me, the one with status, had to check in at the Y counters, quelle horreur!!)

Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient?
Thanks to the volcano problem, there were basically very few international flights. There were two lanes open at security, one was the Pearson priority line. Both lanes were empty and my friends and I went through the priority lane. Not pleased -- even if the two lanes are empty, it's the principle of the matter!!!

Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient?
Yes, but woah there were A LOT of status pax on my flight. Probably 1/3 of the plane boarded in the priority line.

Onboard - J cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed?
Yes.

Was the IFE activated on the ground?
No. Even worse, my half of the J cabin had to have a live safety demo since "the captain wants more power to pre-spool the engines". Sure...

Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground?
Yup. I forgot what the two choices were, but I had some sparkling wine (I think the other choice was OJ??)

Did crew offer to hang your jacket?
No wt_f!?!?!

Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)?
Newspapers were distributed on the ground. Meal orders taken in the air. I think orders were taken by status; I asked the FA after he took my order and only gave me a sarcastic "thaaaank youuuuu" as a reply.

Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service?
Yup

Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected)
I've long forgotten. Had the SD not come to tell me to refrain from taking photos, I could go look at the timestamps on my photos. From takeoff to all items collected ... maybe 2 hours?

How was the quality of all the meals?
I LOVE THE KAISEKI MEAL!!!! I LOVE THE CHOCOLATE CAKE DESSERT!!!!

Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight?
Yup.

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time?
No. My "priority" bags, while it did come out shortly after I reached baggage claim, came out a few bags later than my Y-class friends. After enduring the indignity of checking in at the Y counters, I got yet more rib-poking from my friends about how much "priority" my status commands.

Overall experience/any other comments
For some reason, I find that the women FA were much much much much much MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the male FAs. Like they were completely orders of magnitude better in service.

The SD was male (and barred me from taking photos), the FA who took meal orders (and gave me that sarcastic thaaaank yoouuuuuuu) was male. The FAs who took care of me after my nap and who did breakfast duty were female and OMG they were really great.

I recorded the names of the two women FAs who did a really really really exemplary job (unfortunately that file is in another hard drive). But the two horribad male FAs ... the SD's initials is DC and the other bad FA was ... I think a bald guy wearing circular-framed glasses.

---

Other comment: is it me or did MLL get completely ignored in the "pre-departure" section??