Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Changes to your Qualification Period

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to your Qualification Period

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:03 pm

I’m currently Conceirege on 750 TCs my anniversary should be 1st October with the flights I’ve booked I could easily attain those 301 TCs by the end of April so now instead of retaining my Conceirge status until 30th September 2025 I will only remain Conceirge until March 31st 2025 so I’m losing 6 months of Conceirge status and all the advantage fares I bought since 1st October 2023 were a waste of money.
MP001 and Teplane like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by redpat32
I’m currently Conceirege on 750 TCs my anniversary should be 1st October with the flights I’ve booked I could easily attain those 301 TCs by the end of April so now instead of retaining my Conceirge status until 30th September 2025 I will only remain Conceirge until March 31st 2025 so I’m losing 6 months of Conceirge status and all the advantage fares I bought since 1st October 2023 were a waste of money.
You're not alone in this. Perhaps a source of comfort could be that your concierge upgrade vouchers which were due to expire in September 2024 should now be valid til March 2025, giving you more time to make use of them.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by redpat32
I hear you. I was due to qualify for Silver in May, 6 months ahead of my November 29th qualification date, yielding 18 months of status. "Love, AerClub" robbed me of 6 months and broke the deal *after* the transaction. Someone here said not to refer to Tier Credits as currency but what else are they? "Love, AerClub" my eye! Very weird model of love.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:16 am

D Day.

So today is supposed to be the day all TCs reset to zero it hasn't happened yet can someone who is expert at this please advise I now have 780 TCs as of today with Conceirge status my anniversary as I previously posted is October 1st I could easily hit 1051 TCs by the end of this month if things hadn't changed as it stands I will be losing 6 month's of Conceirge under the new system I emailed them on March 21st and the gist of the reply was

We understand that there may be concerns regarding the new qualification period; however, please rest assured this change won't have a negative effect on your account

The only way this won't have a negative effect on me is if they extend my Concierge status to 31st March 2026
I wonder is this possible after their review?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:17 pm

It appears to be work in progress. I just got the following message when logging in -

Aerclub System Update Notice.

We are in the process of updating our system which will impact your AerClub account in following way:
- No posting of Flights flown between 01 and 12 April. They will post after 12 April 2024.
- Tier Credits and Qualification Periods may not be accurately displayed on your account until after 12 April 2024.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, and for any additional information, please see our FAQs

I am impressed that you got a reply to an email sent on March 21sr though - usually takes at least 8 weeks to get a response 😉
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Have read all of this and am still confused - the 'look back' phrase seems only to refer to a change in level - what about a regain of level ? I am Concierge with 4 upgrades in the bag since Nov 23 - have 1292 credits in the 'look back' period - do I 'regain' Concierge and get 4 more valid to March 25 (8?) ? I will always make Concierge so am interested in the upgrades situation only. I understand there are a lot of frustrated people.
Teplane likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 2:51 pm

Programs: EI Concierge, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Platinum
My status expiry has just pushed out to March 2025 in the app. No sign of any other changes… yet. I had enough TCs under the “look back” to earn my status again, if that makes any sense, so not sure if I’ll get extended to 2026 or if all I get for my 1500 TCs in the last 12 months is the four month extension showing now. None of the other dates have shifted, nor have my TCs been reset so I presume this is just step one in the process
alserire likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 2:45 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
My Concierge expiry date changed to 03/26 from 06/25 and my tier credits got zeroed out and I am told that I need to ear 1051 Tier Credits by 01-04-25 to remain in this tier!
Old Apr 10, 2024, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by sven60035
My Concierge expiry date changed to 03/26 from 06/25 and my tier credits got zeroed out and I am told that I need to ear 1051 Tier Credits by 01-04-25 to remain in this tier!
That's right, they said they were extending everyone's status. As you happened to already have a date after 31 March 2025, the extension to the next date, 31 March 2026 is correct.

Looks like the other part is not, but I'm sure it'll just tick over on 1 April 2025 without any change as your status is already through to 2026 - and I suppose if you earn enough to retain again in the 2024-2025 year, you'll be issued more upgrades as per usual.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 2:58 am

Any idea if I should have got an extension to '26 or a refresh of my upgrades? My Concierge status was to expire in Nov '24. In the look-back, I had 1500 TCs in the last 12 months. I've only been extended to March '25. No idea if my upgrades were refreshed as a result of the look-back as it's not online.

FAQs are a bit unclear on this. Won't be pleased if EI are just going to ignore all this and give me nothing.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 3:49 am

I think it's best to probably wait another week or so for all the updates to come through. I know they said after the 10th April, but - knowing EI - I don't think any of us genuinely expected it to happen on the first day

Teplane - Unfortunately, you're part of the Concierge cohort who is a bit hard done by. I'm afraid that your Conc status has been accurately extended/renewed until March '25, based on my current understanding.
1) Based on the email communication, your original Conc status (which was originally due to expire Nov'24) is now correctly 'protected' and extended until March '25. This extension also applies for any remaining/unused benefits - e.g. upgrades & companion ticket - they should be valid til March '25, as opposed to Nov '24.
2) Based on the 'look back review 1 April 2023 - 31 March 2024', given you have 1500 TCs, your Conc status has also been renewed - i.e. your upgrades and benefits will be refreshed, with an expiry in March '25.

Essentially in your case - the 1500 TCs you've accrued over the look-back period do not contribute to your status duration, but will get you another 4 upgrades, companion ticket etc. This is compared to, for example, a Conc member who did not get 1,050+ TCs over the look-back period and who will only get an extension of whatever benefits they may have left over.

It is definitely a possibility that further measures are extended to Conc members in your situation as a gesture of goodwill, but for the moment all we can go by is the official communication.

Last edited by firestarter197; Apr 10, 2024 at 4:38 am
Old Apr 10, 2024, 4:21 am

Teplane -
Essentially in your case - the 1500 TCs you've accrued over the look-back period do not contribute to your status duration, but will get you another 4 upgrades, companion ticket etc. This is compared to, for example, a Conc member who did not get 1,050+ TCs over the look-back period and who will only get an extension of whatever benefits whey may have left over.

Thanks FlightDetective. that's not an awful outcome - in this case it would mean I have 8 upgrades to use by March '25 - the four I earned last year that I'v not used yet and have been extended until March '25, plus the four new ones I earned in the loopback, also valid until March '25?
Old Apr 10, 2024, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Teplane
Teplane -
Essentially in your case - the 1500 TCs you've accrued over the look-back period do not contribute to your status duration, but will get you another 4 upgrades, companion ticket etc. This is compared to, for example, a Conc member who did not get 1,050+ TCs over the look-back period and who will only get an extension of whatever benefits whey may have left over.

Thanks FlightDetective. that's not an awful outcome - in this case it would mean I have 8 upgrades to use by March '25 - the four I earned last year that I'v not used yet and have been extended until March '25, plus the four new ones I earned in the loopback, also valid until March '25?
This is the understanding that has been shared on the thread, based on the communications so far. I envisage that many (myself included) will be reaching out to Aerclub once the dust settles around the transition, to confirm the validity & expiry of our tier benefits - especially for more particular cases where both a benefit extension & renewal is occurring.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by firestarter197
I think it's best to probably wait another week or so for all the updates to come through. I know they said after the 10th April, but - knowing EI - I don't think any of us genuinely expected it to happen on the first day
Actually they gave themselves until the 12th to get it sorted out. So we should at least wait until they've missed their own deadline before piling on the complaints .
DELLAS likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by mccartje
Actually they gave themselves until the 12th to get it sorted out. So we should at least wait until they've missed their own deadline before piling on the complaints .
Ah fair enough, not sure why I had 10th stuck in my head - but yeah let's give them some leeway in any case
mccartje likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.