Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Changes to your Qualification Period

Changes to your Qualification Period

Old Apr 17, 2024, 8:38 am

Looks like AA and IB tier point earning are on the horizon .
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by ROKNA
"awarded a full range of new Concierge benefits to your account for you to enjoy." hmm does that mean 4 more vouchers? Ambiguous at best

"we will continue to expand different ways to earn Tier Credits in the future." Probably the most interesting piece in the response

I got the 'no additional benefits...' one - can you confirm if you got an extra 4 vouchers as I would be in the same boat by doing 1230 TP in the look back period ?
Old Apr 19, 2024, 11:15 am

Speaking to a mate of mine today they were lucky and got renewed to 3/26.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 4:50 am

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Speaking to a mate of mine today they were lucky and got renewed to 3/26.
Ditto but still 4 upgrade vouchers (which were deployed successfully since).
Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:21 am

"I was called by Trent, a Duty Manager in Dublin. He mostly listened to me regarding my concerns and tried to explain a bit of Aer Lingus's stance on it. I valued the call, but at the end of the day, it doesn't change anything and he said as well he won't be able to do something for me. He mentioned he has some more members to call so you might get a call from him.
sven60035 and DELLAS like this.
Old May 16, 2024, 10:24 am

Programs: EI Concierge, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Platinum
Just heard back from the CCPC, who are investigating the tier status reset on the grounds that giving people 30 days notice that their collection year is being curtailed amounts to an unfair change of terms and conditions, and that the status extensions are insufficient mitigation.

I would urge anyone affected negatively by the tier status reset to submit details of your experience at CCPC.ie. They are not a large agency and any decision to take action against Aer Lingus will be favourably weighted by the volume and quality of submissions to them explaining how the changes at such short notice have impacted customers

I still find myself surprised that Aer Lingus treated their most loyal customers so badly and hope any bad publicity from a legal action will make them think twice about doing it again.
ROKNA, Pete_23567 and gjc31 like this.

Last edited by Teplane; May 16, 2024 at 2:22 pm
Old May 16, 2024, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Good to see the CPCC involved.

The changes in BA were a lot more transparent not perfect but plenty of notice, so its not like EI and IAG at large couldn't have been nicer

Most if not all of us lost out, I get 1 upgrade in 15 months instead of 1 in 12.
Teplane and Pete_23567 like this.
Old May 16, 2024, 4:04 pm

Although I am not disadvantaged by this apart from maybe the delayed new upgrades I actually prefer the new reset date and am currently racking up 200-300 TPs a month so renewal wont be an issue. I am interested to see what the outcome is from the official complaints. The notice was short and no one should have been discriminated against and should be looked after by Aerclub if they have been .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.