Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Changes to your Qualification Period

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold

Looks like EI is following BA

Email just landed

​​​​​​​Standardised Qualification Period:
As part of this, all AerClub members will now have the same Qualification Period. Your new Qualification Period start date is 1st April 2024. You'll be able to see this change in your account after 10th April 2024. That means every year your Qualification Period begins anew, and your Tier Credits will reset to zero on the 1st of April.

Tier Status and Tier Benefits Extension:
The good news is that your current Tier status and any remaining applicable Tier benefits will be protected and extended until 31st March 2025. If your current Tier status already exceeds 31st March 2025, it will be extended to 31st March 2026.

Tier Credits Review:
Additionally, we are reviewing any Tier Credits earned between 1st April 2023 and 31st March 2024. Based on this review any related Tier status upgrade will be applied to your account after 10th April 2024. That means you still have time to earn Tier Credits and unlock more benefits! To learn more about this change, check out our FAQs using the link below.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:07 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Beat me to the thread

Although pleased to have status extended my a couple of months. OH has it extended to 2026!
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:09 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
For me this gives me 9 month longer status at my current level, currently my status is expiring on 30 Jun 2025, but now it's 31 March 2026.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Interestingly they've gone down a different path to BA with the transition cutting over to the new collection year next month rather than April 2025, and just given free extensions to March for anyone expiring in a different month.

Spend-based tiers are surely on the way...
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:12 am

Programs: EIGC, HH, BAEC, CC
Im about 1/3 way through my original membership year and bout 200TPs up. The FAQ seams to say they will all be reverted back to 0. Am I reading that right! bit of a pain that no TP carry over.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Eoin Kilkenny
Im about 1/3 way through my original membership year and bout 200TPs up. The FAQ seams to say they will all be reverted back to 0. Am I reading that right! bit of a pain that no TP carry over.
The TPs will reset to 0 at the start of April 2024.

However, they will do a tier calculation from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024 and if you're due to go up a tier, you'll go up a tier.

If not, your current tier will be extended to 31 March 2025.

Was just about to ask the same. What does this mean for those going for a higher status this year? They could be well on their way going up to plat/conc under their original qualifying year, if TCs are resetting on April then essentially it's a slap in the face. 1 month is not a lot of time to organise travel for TC runs.

Great news generally I prefer the new date .
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:25 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Losing 100 points. But getting four extra months of concierge.

I presume there’s still the soft landing if you don’t make the same tier next year.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by alserire
Losing 100 points. But getting four extra months of concierge.

I presume there’s still the soft landing if you don’t make the same tier next year.
Yes, nothing else is changing apart from the Tier Credit collection year.

It's nice seeing the extensions - wish I was not Green
alserire likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:54 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Would anybody like to suggest a cheap way of finding 224 TCs by end of March?
gjc31 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:12 am

Is it just me or does this feel like the precursor to merging the EI and BA programmes entirely?
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Pete_23567
Would anybody like to suggest a cheap way of finding 224 TCs by end of March?
2 duty free shopping trips to GB in Aerspace and a DUB - CFN oneway in Plus then walk back
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
2 duty free shopping trips to GB in Aerspace and a DUB - CFN oneway in Plus then walk back
I’ve looked and still about €1000 all things considered 😂 Probably the walk back is what’s turning me off! Haha

Bring back the €99 AerSpace seat!!
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:00 am

Programs: ba exec gold, EI Concierge
I am also concierge with November year twist and I have 845 TPs earned since Nov. It’s an absolute mess from my perspective as it means later renewal of benefits and all this TP earning accounting for nothing. I wish that they had given decent notice on this.
Oshkosh105 and alserire like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.