Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Changes to your Qualification Period

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to your Qualification Period

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 9:03 am

Programs: EI Concierge, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by trustno1
“Aer Lingus value their Concierge customers greatly, so the intent certainly would not be to put anyone's nose out of joint“

I had to laugh when I read the above post.
I think I agree. I sincerely don't think they are trying to put anyone's nose out of joint, but it's hard not to laugh when they clearly didn't take the five minutes it took their customers to work out how badly they were screwing their Concierge customers

I'm still holding out hope that it'll click with the management there soon and they'll make it right. All they need to do is throw us the upgrades and companion tickets this change has deprived us of and I'll be grand anyway. Then, TrustNo1, we can go back to complaining we can't use the vouchers we already have

Very sympathetic to your situation TrustNo1. Yours is a perfect example of why, as one person posted earlier, you can't change the rules of the game when the game is halfway through
trustno1 likes this.

Last edited by Teplane; Mar 3, 2024 at 9:09 am
Old Mar 3, 2024, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by trustno1
in the last month I tried to use 2 of my 4 upgrades and they turned me down for travel in July and August to MCO
That's painful. Given that there are numerous dates in July and August with one-way fares under €1000 then it's plainly ridiculous not to facilitate voucher upgrades
trustno1 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:58 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Considering I paid €1079 for a Saver Ticket, I was a bit sick to the stomach having to pony up another €1100 for the upgrade. They had said I could call them 30 days before travel and try again for the upgrade, but couldn’t take the chance with the old bad back and all that.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ITA Club Executive, Mucci
Originally Posted by smileygirl123
Silver Member (Me):
Tier Status and Tier Benefits Extension:
The good news is that your current Tier status and any remaining applicable Tier benefits will be protected and extended until 31st March 2025. If your current Tier status already exceeds 31st March 2025, it will be extended to 31st March 2026.
As far as I am aware, if your e-mail says you'll be extended, then you'll be extended to 31 March 2025. I don't believe anyone who has any status is being reduced - everyone is being extended.

The recalculation is to see if people maintain their level, and if so I believe they are being awarded whatever upgrade coupons they are entitled to (if any) that they would usually get for retaining their tier.

If someone has enough Tier Credits to go up a level, they will get whatever they are entitled to at the new level.

If the recalculation means you would have gone down a tier, that is not happening and your current Tier is extended through to 31 March 2025 (or a year later in a few cases).

However, I guess we'll see what happens when 10 April rolls around.

Last edited by FlightDetective; Mar 3, 2024 at 3:56 pm
Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Is this happening for sure to everyone? I didn’t get any email yet.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:15 am

Not satisfactory. Presumably many members are Green and working towards Silver. There is no benefit in losing 2023-2024 Tier Credits, being extended in Green, and starting all over again to build credits on April 1, 2024. Yes some members may happen to qualify April 1, 2023-March 31, 2024. Congratulations to us/them for completely arbitrary good luck. And too bad for the members planning carefully to reach Silver or move up a tier. What a joke. Still no response from AerClub to my couple of messages from March 1. Not feeling the "Love." Like others, I'm not prepared to take a chance on AerClub. It's Big Brother without the efficiency. While it's fantastic to have a forum like this, it's also pretty sad to see members in a tizzy without any accountability or response from AerClub.

Last edited by huruburu; Mar 4, 2024 at 5:26 am
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:27 am

Hi all,

I reached Silver last October/November with an expiry date of 28 Nov 2024. Going by the AerClub email this will now be extended to 31 March 2025.

I have a couple of queries that you may be able to advise on:
  1. In relation to the 'Tier Credits Review', I have totted up all TC from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024 and I have 330 TC (from 10 April 2023 to 9 December 2023 to be exact as no flights taken yet in 2024). Does this mean that my Silver will be applicable to 31 March 2026, i.e. when you reach a new level it usually applies for the remainder of the current year plus the next year?
  2. I now have 4 flights in March 2024 (3 Advantage + 1 Saver giving 3(40)+15 = 135 TC). Therefore 330 already taken + 135 to take = 465 TC. Would it be worth a few mileage runs before 31 March 2024 to get to Platinum? I would be 136 short but if there is some sort of TC amnesty would I need to get the full 136?
Any feedback appreciated.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:31 am

Programs: AerClub Conc
Originally Posted by mazzyk
Hi all,

I reached Silver last October/November with an expiry date of 28 Nov 2024. Going by the AerClub email this will now be extended to 31 March 2025.

I have a couple of queries that you may be able to advise on:
  1. In relation to the 'Tier Credits Review', I have totted up all TC from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024 and I have 330 TC (from 10 April 2023 to 9 December 2023 to be exact as no flights taken yet in 2024). Does this mean that my Silver will be applicable to 31 March 2026, i.e. when you reach a new level it usually applies for the remainder of the current year plus the next year?
  2. I now have 4 flights in March 2024 (3 Advantage + 1 Saver giving 3(40)+15 = 135 TC). Therefore 330 already taken + 135 to take = 465 TC. Would it be worth a few mileage runs before 31 March 2024 to get to Platinum? I would be 136 short but if there is some sort of TC amnesty would I need to get the full 136?
Any feedback appreciated.
​​​​​
1. As the TC review will not lead to you qualifying for a higher status level, as things stand your existing tier will remain until 31 March 2025. There is no compounding element.

2. As has been suggested on the thread (feel free to read back similar queries relating to silver and concierge tiers), there may well be a margin of tolerance when the TC review is done. It appears to be at around 10% of the tier status requirement, but that is based only on my observation of discussed cases on this thread and I wouldn't want to speak on behalf of the original contributor.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:24 pm

Thanks, yes I had read the full thread and was trying to gauge the n/% 'flexibility' re TC. Tbh I'm happy enough to continue with Silver as, for me, the higher levels are not that beneficial. If I was very close to moving up then I would have tried to fit in a couple of runs but I think the gap will be too large for this year.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:21 am

I'm one of those that feel a bit hard done by here. Platinum with a renewal in November so I'm just about half way through the year. 230TP now and another 240TP worth of travel in March (160) & April (80) booked so far. Was planning a run at Concierge by Nov 24.

How can I look at where I will fall with the countback? From what I remember Aer Lingus don't expose the TP "balance sheet" showing where points were accumulated.
Is 900 the magic number to be bumped to Concierge?

Thanks!
Teplane likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:38 am

You can export an excel file of your tier points for the last year on the EI website. Based on what’s been said here, looks like if people reach 90% of the tier credits in the look back on March 31, they’ll be bumped up. For concierge, that would be 946 credits, but, of course, that’s not published and it would be risk to buy flights in the hopes of achieving that number

Was onto the concierge desk yesterday and they told me they were told to refused to engage on this and to only tell customers to wait until April 10 to find out if they’ve been upgraded and what they’ve got. Not only have EI changed the rules when the game is halfway through, they’re now even refusing to say what the new rules are!
Rowley_Birkin_QC likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Teplane
You can export an excel file of your tier points for the last year on the EI website. Based on what’s been said here, looks like if people reach 90% of the tier credits in the look back on March 31, they’ll be bumped up. For concierge, that would be 946 credits, but, of course, that’s not published and it would be risk to buy flights in the hopes of achieving that number

Was onto the concierge desk yesterday and they told me they were told to refused to engage on this and to only tell customers to wait until April 10 to find out if they’ve been upgraded and what they’ve got. Not only have EI changed the rules when the game is halfway through, they’re now even refusing to say what the new rules are!
Ah, that's very handy. Thank you.

So looking at that, I had 755TP between April 1 2023 and today. 755 + 160 booked in March takes me to 915. Maybe a good time to book another trip?

I also called them yesterday and was told the same, they aren't even taking questions.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:46 am

Would have been great for us to have more transparency, at the same time it's lost revenue for them if they reassure people that leniency may be applied. It's in their interest for people to go out of their way doing TC runs or buying more expensive cash fares so as to hit their desired tier as per how the the rules and cutoffs have been currently laid out for the TC review.
If there is leniency, I see it as more so intended as a goodwill measure for those who were just short - for one reason or another, not excluding for example a last minute trip cancellation.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:48 am

Rowley_Birken, I guess it's different for everyone, but it's a bet I would probably take. The tangible benefits of Concierge (vouchers) are great and all, but the big benefit to me is the Concierge phone line. While the service is nowhere near what it used to be, it's great to have a phone number and email address that EI will actually answer.

Firestarter 197, I agree. I don't think EI could have handled this worse. First, making the change with no notice and an email full of lies saying that everyone would benefit, then by completely refusing to engage or explain how it affects their customers when it finally became clear just how many of their customers are going to lose out

Even if after April, they make it right for me and give me new Concierge vouchers to make up for the lost partial year, the damage is done - EI have made clear with that that they don't have any real respect for any of their elites. I spend the price of a small car with them every year, which may not be a lot to them, but it's a lot to me, and the elite programme is EI's set of commitments to me if I spend that money.

I don't take this stuff personally, but I'm amazed from a CX perspective that they are so stupid that they think this doesn't incinerate their goodwill with their elites or that they won't remember being treated this badly.
Rowley_Birkin_QC likes this.

Last edited by Teplane; Mar 6, 2024 at 3:56 am
Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Rowley_Birkin_QC
Ah, that's very handy. Thank you.

So looking at that, I had 755TP between April 1 2023 and today. 755 + 160 booked in March takes me to 915. Maybe a good time to book another trip?

I also called them yesterday and was told the same, they aren't even taking questions.
Given you'd be so close, I'd be inclined to take the bet: it's only a non-discounted saver + plus fare (15+25) that you'd need or an advantage fare (40). There tend to be cheap fares from DUB to MAN or BHX, you're probably looking at a €150 return flight spend for a stab at getting Conc.
Teplane likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.