Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Changes to your Qualification Period

Changes to your Qualification Period

Old Apr 11, 2024, 8:10 am
  #166  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Programs: EI Concierge, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Platinum
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by thelonglane
has someone in AerClub confirmed the particular approach to look back mentioned above ?
Right, so I called the Concierge line and the agent told me that he could see my existing coupons and I will indeed get 'more' coupons to go with these as (he checked) I did indeed refresh on March 31st based on activity the previous 12 months. He said EI expect to drop the new coupons into the accounts for Concierge tomorrow and all members will be emailed when it's done.
FlightDetective and RMDrive like this.
Teplane is offline  
Old Apr 11, 2024, 8:17 am
  #167  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Cork or Amsterdam
Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Posts: 666
EI really could have updated their system so that it shows the coupons etc. online rather than us having to call them. Missed opportunity.
RMDrive likes this.
sven60035 is offline  
Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:07 am
  #168  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by Teplane
Right, so I called the Concierge line and the agent told me that he could see my existing coupons and I will indeed get 'more' coupons to go with these as (he checked) I did indeed refresh on March 31st based on activity the previous 12 months. He said EI expect to drop the new coupons into the accounts for Concierge tomorrow and all members will be emailed when it's done.
Thanks for confirming, happy to hear you got your benefits refreshed and that we didn't mislead you
Teplane likes this.
firestarter197 is offline  
Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:31 am
  #169  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Programs: ba exec gold, EI Concierge
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Teplane
Right, so I called the Concierge line and the agent told me that he could see my existing coupons and I will indeed get 'more' coupons to go with these as (he checked) I did indeed refresh on March 31st based on activity the previous 12 months. He said EI expect to drop the new coupons into the accounts for Concierge tomorrow and all members will be emailed when it's done.
Thanks for the update. Very appreciated
Teplane likes this.
thelonglane is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:08 am
  #170  
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by gjc31
It was definitely the 10th to start with. I know this as today is my birthday and I was hoping to have reached Platinum 😐
I didnt make it 😞 Just had the email confirming silver extended to March 25. Its frustrating as I would have made platinum by Oct 24. Due to the short notice given I was only able to manage one return flight before the end of March but it didnt take me over the 601 TPs needed.

I will email them, I had sent in a request to ask about the possibility of rolling back my earning year by just a month way back in December. By the time they responded the changes were already in motion. I dont expect it will get me anywhere. Feeling very deflated 😔
gjc31 is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:18 am
  #171  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Programs: EI Concierge, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Platinum
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by thelonglane
Thanks for the update. Very appreciated

Just got the mail, which explicitly says the opposite to what the Concierge line and posters here have said. Very disappointed if true (underlining is mine):

We let you know a few weeks ago that we were changing the Qualification Period start date for all AerClub members to 1st April. As promised at that time, we have reviewed your account and based on your last twelve months flying with us, we're delighted to say we have extended your Concierge Tier membership and any remaining unused benefits to 31 March 2025. No additional benefits have been added to your account as part of this extension.

To maintain your Concierge Tier beyond 31 March 2025 you will need to earn 1051 Tier Credits before the Qualification Period ending 31 March 2025.
Teplane is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:20 am
  #172  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Cork or Amsterdam
Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Posts: 666
Just got an e-mail:

Enjoy Concierge Tier membership

Dear xxx,

We let you know a few weeks ago that we were changing the Qualification Period start date for all AerClub members to 1st April. As promised at that time, we have reviewed your account and based on your last twelve months flying with us, we're delighted to say we have extended your Concierge Tier membership and any remaining unused benefits to 31 March 2026. No additional benefits have been added to your account as part of this extension.

To maintain your Concierge Tier beyond 31 March 2026 you will need to earn 1051 Tier Credits before the Qualification Period ending 31 March 2026.

These changes will not impact your Avios balance, and you can continue to collect and spend Avios with Aer Lingus and our AerClub partners as normal. We have also made it easier to spend Avios on Reward Flights using aerlingus.com.
Which is interesting because this makes it look like I got extended because I did enough in the "review period" while on the surface it got extended to align the dates.

Plus, if this is correct than I have nearly 2 years to get the 1051 Tier Credits not just one year. If that is true, then wow that is generous. But I assume it's a simple mistake in the form letter in which they just did put in the variable for new expiry date rather than the correct one.

Last edited by sven60035; Apr 12, 2024 at 4:32 am
sven60035 is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:22 am
  #173  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by gjc31
I didnt make it 😞 Just had the email confirming silver extended to March 25. Its frustrating as I would have made platinum by Oct 24. Due to the short notice given I was only able to manage one return flight before the end of March but it didnt take me over the 601 TPs needed.

I will email them, I had sent in a request to ask about the possibility of rolling back my earning year by just a month way back in December. By the time they responded the changes were already in motion. I dont expect it will get me anywhere. Feeling very deflated 😔
Tough luck gjc31 , how close did you come to 601 in the end? You had said you were at 460 previously, if your return flight was in advantage/aerspace, perhaps you might still be within the threshold for leniency/flexibility in performing the TC review, which has been hinted at previously on this thread by FlightDetective . So perhaps all hope may not be lost yet.
firestarter197 is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:40 am
  #174  
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by firestarter197
Tough luck gjc31 , how close did you come to 601 in the end? You had said you were at 460 previously, if your return flight was in advantage/aerspace, perhaps you might still be within the threshold for leniency/flexibility in performing the TC review, which has been hinted at previously on this thread by FlightDetective . So perhaps all hope may not be lost yet.
I ended on 552.5, so within 10%, but not enough. It would have only taken one more return, but I just couldnt fit it in. I have emailed them. Oddly I didnt get the line No additional benefits have been added to your account as part of this extension in the congratulatory email as others seem to have
gjc31 is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:59 am
  #175  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 669
Originally Posted by sven60035
Just got an e-mail:

Enjoy Concierge Tier membership

Which is interesting because this makes it look like I got extended because I did enough in the "review period" while on the surface it got extended to align the dates.

Plus, if this is correct than I have nearly 2 years to get the 1051 Tier Credits not just one year. If that is true, then wow that is generous. But I assume it's a simple mistake in the form letter in which they just did put in the variable for new expiry date rather than the correct one.
I read it that TPs in the current qualification period to 31 March 25 count for nada except earning the upgrade and free partner vouchers. If you earn 0 TP you keep your status regardless, but no vouchers. Then the period from 1 April 25 to 31 March 26 will be your first real renewal period.
blagger is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2024, 5:02 am
  #176  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum / Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 60
Originally Posted by Teplane
Just got the mail, which explicitly says the opposite to what the Concierge line and posters here have said. Very disappointed if true (underlining is mine):

We let you know a few weeks ago that we were changing the Qualification Period start date for all AerClub members to 1st April. As promised at that time, we have reviewed your account and based on your last twelve months flying with us, we're delighted to say we have extended your Concierge Tier membership and any remaining unused benefits to 31 March 2025. No additional benefits have been added to your account as part of this extension.

To maintain your Concierge Tier beyond 31 March 2025 you will need to earn 1051 Tier Credits before the Qualification Period ending 31 March 2025.
Yeah, got the same mail except I'm extended to March 2026 for some reason. Basically, no upgrades until 31st March 2026?? Surely this is a mistake?

Last edited by RMDrive; Apr 12, 2024 at 5:05 am Reason: Typo
RMDrive is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2024, 5:04 am
  #177  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 29
Teplane sven60035 Thanks for sharing. While one could certainly question whether the communication has been sufficiently personalized to everyone's individual predicament (e.g. given some ambiguity in the way the communication reads in sven's case for example), it wouldn't be wise imo to speculate further at this stage.
The most reliable source of truth (for me at least) is if EI agents can see on their side new concierge vouchers applied to one's account or not. This is the confirmation I would be looking to receive in the coming days either on the Concierge line or - even better - in written form from concierge@.
firestarter197 is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2024, 5:04 am
  #178  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Cork or Amsterdam
Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Posts: 666
Originally Posted by blagger
I read it that TPs in the current qualification period to 31 March 25 count for nada except earning the upgrade and free partner vouchers. If you earn 0 TP you keep your status regardless, but no vouchers. Then the period from 1 April 25 to 31 March 26 will be your first real renewal period.
Could be, once things calm down, I will contact Aer Club and ask them to clarify it, no rush on it.
sven60035 is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2024, 7:27 am
  #179  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Posts: 418
Originally Posted by RMDrive
Yeah, got the same mail except I'm extended to March 2026 for some reason. Basically, no upgrades until 31st March 2026?? Surely this is a mistake?
I got the same email. I called the Conc line and was told that my tier points will zero out on 31 March 2025 and between now and then if I have 1051 tier points, I will get the new upgrade vouchers and companion ticket allocated to my account at that point. Then the same will happen from 1 April 2025 to 31 March 2026. The email from EI is confusing.
sven60035 and RMDrive like this.
trustno1 is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:49 am
  #180  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by trustno1
I got the same email. I called the Conc line and was told that my tier points will zero out on 31 March 2025 and between now and then if I have 1051 tier points, I will get the new upgrade vouchers and companion ticket allocated to my account at that point. Then the same will happen from 1 April 2025 to 31 March 2026. The email from EI is confusing.
To add to the 'fun', here is my partner's communication - who went up from Platinum to Conc after the review. The email suggests she keeps concierge til 31 March 2026, whereas on her app it rightfully reflects what her tier expiry is 31 March 2025. Anyway, we have enough reasons to be sceptic about believing word-for-word how these email comms are phrased.

"We let you know a few weeks ago that we were changing the Qualification Period start date for all AerClub members to 1st April. As promised at that time, we have reviewed your account and based on your last twelve months flying with us, we're delighted to say you have been upgraded to Concierge Tier. That means you've now got a whole new suite of Tier benefits and perks to enjoy with your new Tier status.

To maintain your Concierge Tier beyond 31 March 2026 you will need to earn 1051 Tier Credits before the Qualification Period ending 31 March 2026."
firestarter197 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.