Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by powergean
Of course they need cash, like all the other airlines. But i dont think, that Aegean is in a critical position. They are from the few airlines, who are continueing taking the new aircrafts from Airbus, so for sure they have strong reserve .
I wouldn't suggest that there running out of cash. Taking Airbus deliveries most likely is coming with some benefits. I don't know the composition of Aegean fleet (age of specific planes). There could be a chance they are saving some cash short term by getting new aircraft and parking ones that need extended maintenance.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:38 am

Now is around 8 years , After they taking the 46 new planes , they will have the youngest fleet in Europe.
romans likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, UA Gold, HH Diamond
Hi!

I am blue with 1 segment and 23.393 tier miles, by the end of november I will fly one more A3 segment. What is going to happen with my excess 11.393 tier miles?

Will I be silver with 11.393 tier miles for gold qualification or will I be silver with zero tier miles and I wasted my 11.393 excess miles?

Thanks in advance guys!
Old Oct 20, 2020, 3:14 pm

Zero. Start always from the 0 .
Old Oct 21, 2020, 12:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Zero. Start always from the 0 .
Not true. Miles from Silver to Gold carry over.
vincent_ likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 12:44 am

He is blue, not silver.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 12:47 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
He is blue, not silver.
I know. But when he reaches Silver the additional miles will carry over to count towards Gold qualification, which is what he is asking!
yurtripper, romans and vincent_ like this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
When you go up a tier the excess miles will always roll over. It doesn’t work that way for requalification at the same tier though (eg when retaining *G). So that works from Blue to Silver and Silver to Gold.
Resolution, giorginho and vincent_ like this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 7:10 am

Great! Then my plan is working as intended
Old Oct 22, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: A3 *G
The only possible issue is that your 2nd segment might push you over 24000 miles. I'd like to think the system would react properly and upgrade you on "12k plus two segments" but, since the segment and miles post at exactly the same time, I hope it doesn't "see" the 24k before it sees the second segment. You'll probably be OK and have no problem at all if that segment earns less than 607 miles.
vincent_ likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
The only possible issue is that your 2nd segment might push you over 24000 miles. I'd like to think the system would react properly and upgrade you on "12k plus two segments" but, since the segment and miles post at exactly the same time, I hope it doesn't "see" the 24k before it sees the second segment. You'll probably be OK and have no problem at all if that segment earns less than 607 miles.
Thanks a lot for that remark. Actually I had the same consideration and came to the conclusion to credit some of my segments of the next trip (that tier miles were already included in the mentioned 23393) with my SQ *G so that there is a sufficient buffer with my A3 tier miles till the A3 flight at the end of november.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
I had this. My flight dub-ath pushed me into silver with segments, the excess milles carried over.
Resolution and vincent_ like this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 6:31 am

Do you have to pay the 20 € change fee for changes of the flight date (same flight) through A3 website?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:30 am

No, the fee is for bookings/rebookings over the phone.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
If i have a ticket ams-ath upgraded with a voucher, will it allow me to add a eco legg to an island?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.