Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Gahh, it's still down. missing Points and now this..
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:00 pm

I just finished a pivotal stay that would pump me up to Platinum. I hope this glitch won't delay the process.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:05 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by botfly
I just finished a pivotal stay that would pump me up to Platinum. I hope this glitch won't delay the process.
Me too...
Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thumbs down

Another story here...
I received on Dec 21 an e-mail about a special offer reserved to Platinum members. It says : "Exclusivity Platinum - you deserve excellence. VIP offer in France at Sofitel, Pullman and MGallery. Night + breakfast for 2 + one bottle of champagne + late check-out". Book between 05/12 and 15/01. Stay between 16/12 and 31/01.
Anyone reading carefully will notice that I received the offer 16 days after the opening of the booking window and 5 days after the 1st date for staying, so not a very efficient way of communicating to members. But that's not the purpose of my post here. I though why not benefiting from this offer to spend a week end somewhere nice close to Paris, after the holidays. So I looked tonight for the weekend of 14-15/01. I think you will agree with me that with that kind of offer and the marketing blabla that comes with (exclusivity Platinum - you deserve excellence - VIP offer, etc), you expect that the bottle of champagne will be "free" or will represent a very small additional cost. Otherwise, I don't see the point as, if you want Champagne, you can just book a regular stay and pick-up the phone in your room, order some Champagne and be charged at the regular rate.

First screenshot is MGallery Grand hotel Cabourg.
The 1st rate displayed is the special offer rate and the 2nd one is a regular pre-paid rate (both include breakfast). The only difference between the 2 is the bottle of Champagne. To be fair and 100% accurate, both rates are pre-paid, but the special offer rate is cancellable up to 3 days before arrival. But, as this offer is valid only for very short-term stays, there is no real incentive to book a modifiable/refundable private stays anyway. There is another advertised false difference : the special offer rate comes with a late check-out, but as it is an offer reserved for platinums, this is already a benefit of the status, so pointless. So if I book the VIP offer, I am charged EUR 100 for this bottle of Champagne

2nd try : MGallery Trouville sur mer
This time you have to compare the 1st rate (VIP/champagne offer) with the 3rd rate which includes BF.
Again : EUR95 more for this bottle of champagne.

3rd and last try : MGallery Dijon
This time, the difference is more reasonable, but still EUR53.

Overall, I am sure that you will agree with me to say that this offer is a complete joke
Better to buy your bottle of Champagne at the nearby liquor store
Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:37 pm

Whilst not in the same league as your bubbles I have also received an email called "12 treats of Christmas".

It's a nice little set of vouchers that can be printed off and used at Mercure properties redeemable through to the end of March which includes things like free breakfast, discounted meals, afternoon tea, free cocktails etc etc redeemable at "Participating Mercure Hotels".

There was however no list or link to a list of participating hotels.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:25 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
The app is working again. So I assume the website is too?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 3:14 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
yes - finally works.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 3:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Website is now working, but points for my last stays are not showing...
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by nrouxel
Website is now working, but points for my last stays are not showing...
+1
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
And they will have to implement new program on the 1st of january...
Happy new year to Accor IT !
Old Dec 25, 2016, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
First screenshot is MGallery Grand hotel Cabourg.
The 1st rate displayed is the special offer rate and the 2nd one is a regular pre-paid rate (both include breakfast). The only difference between the 2 is the bottle of Champagne. To be fair and 100% accurate, both rates are pre-paid, but the special offer rate is cancellable up to 3 days before arrival. But, as this offer is valid only for very short-term stays, there is no real incentive to book a modifiable/refundable private stays anyway. There is another advertised false difference : the special offer rate comes with a late check-out, but as it is an offer reserved for platinums, this is already a benefit of the status, so pointless. So if I book the VIP offer, I am charged EUR 100 for this bottle of Champagne
However I can tell you this hotel is truly phenomenal. I'll be there myself starting Wednesday.
I booked last month, as a silver, and was surprised to receive free breakfast and late check-out when booking. So there you go...
Old Dec 25, 2016, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Benjh
However I can tell you this hotel is truly phenomenal. I'll be there myself starting Wednesday.
I booked last month, as a silver, and was surprised to receive free breakfast and late check-out when booking. So there you go...
I know it is a very nice hotel. I never stayed in but I had lunch there a couple of times. I was just reacting to this so-called VIP offer !
Old Dec 25, 2016, 3:40 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I know it is a very nice hotel. I never stayed in but I had lunch there a couple of times. I was just reacting to this so-called VIP offer !
Also, I get this at the Le Grand Hotel Cabourg - MGallery By Sofitel :
Attached Images  
Old Dec 25, 2016, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Also, I get this at the Le Grand Hotel Cabourg - MGallery By Sofitel :
interesting
Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:57 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I have a Peeeen, I have an apple....

(Sorry for those who don't know what I am talking about...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.