Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by olivedel
Another issue: I was trying to book a room with points for a family member, and just saw that an ibis Style hotel is not accepting the loyalty program card... I guess this is a bug.
indeed, this hotel is not in the exclusion list. There has been other similar cases reported recently on this forum...
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: IHG Gold
When I do a search on a website for a hotel room, all I want to know is the total price. Not a "from" price that is for the most part fictitious.

I have deliberately avoided Accor in Japan for just such practices.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:22 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I hope the Accor Representative is following this thread. After my last 2 bookings where:
- It was impossible to get a proper price overview for both
- It was impossible to select other rooms than single room for one of them
- It was impossible to use points for one of them

I have decided all future business will go to Hilton and independents until the Accor booking website is at the very least functioning.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:30 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by mapleg
When I do a search on a website for a hotel room, all I want to know is the total price. Not a "from" price that is for the most part fictitious.

I have deliberately avoided Accor in Japan for just such practices.
Agreed, Accor do not do themselves any favours by this deceptive practice. There have been several occasions where I wasted my time on the Accor website only to book with another hotel provider as a result. I am royally fed up with this.

And whoever thought that the new look website is an improvement obviously never booked hotels.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
It was impossible to select other rooms than single room for one of them
I have noticed that problem in several occasions recently including for advanced bookings. I don't know if it is a bug or room inventory badly loaded, but it cannot be that all double bed rooms are already booked.

Last edited by Goldorak; Nov 19, 2016 at 12:28 am
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: KA "The Elite"
Giving up on Accor.. their "rates from" is pure and simple fraud and makes you waste time looking for inexistent options.

Website code goes from buggy to unusable.

And the final straw, booking for a stay in Japan, the .cn site does not offer to use points to pay. Accor hotline explains that the rates on the website "do not allow to use points" and tries to convince me that using points to pay for a rate twice as high as the one on the website is a good deal...

Fed up with this band of scammers!
I finally ended up booking everything with IHG in 30 seconds using their user friendly, clear and honest website.

Will only use accor as a last resort to burn my points!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:38 pm

reservations not showing on website

I made a reservation on accor's website and received a confirmation email. However, when I log onto my account, the reservation does not show up under "My Bookings". I called reservation and customer care and was assured that the reservation is valid and linked to my account, but they were not well-trained and didn't know how to report the issue to technical support to get this issue fixed.

I then tried to report this issue on the website, using a "contact us" form. I got a "missing field" error message because there's an unmarked and unpopulated pull-down item under "brand" that I cannot click on. At the same time, there's a message at the top that said the message has been transmitted, despite the error message at the bottom that said my comment form is incomplete due to this pull-down box that I couldn't read or select.

I did not get an acknowledgment email that they've received my online comment. Frustrating.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:07 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I made a reservation on accor's website and received a confirmation email. However, when I log onto my account, the reservation does not show up under "My Bookings". I called reservation and customer care and was assured that the reservation is valid and linked to my account, but they were not well-trained and didn't know how to report the issue to technical support to get this issue fixed.

I then tried to report this issue on the website, using a "contact us" form. I got a "missing field" error message because there's an unmarked and unpopulated pull-down item under "brand" that I cannot click on. At the same time, there's a message at the top that said the message has been transmitted, despite the error message at the bottom that said my comment form is incomplete due to this pull-down box that I couldn't read or select.

I did not get an acknowledgment email that they've received my online comment. Frustrating.
I had the same problem last week. The reservation appeared in My Bookings after a few days (I think more than three days later tho). The delay was long enough that I called the hotel to check on the reservation which they confirmed.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by dannybhoy
I had the same problem last week. The reservation appeared in My Bookings after a few days (I think more than three days later tho). The delay was long enough that I called the hotel to check on the reservation which they confirmed.
Thanks... my reservation finally showed up in "My Bookings"; took 4-5 days in this case.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by sfvoyage

I currently have the same issue.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:33 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Same here. It took 5 days before showing in My Account part of the app. In between I contacted the hotel who assured my card is in the booking.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I have come across another case that looks a bit weird to me (but this is somewhat different from the other cases already reported). This is for Pullman Cologne, Germany. For all room category :
- the 1st rate displayed is a pre-paid rate including 2 tickets to visit the cathedral : IMO, that kind of rate should never been displayed first (like for Sofitel PNH at the beginning of this thread where they were just showing So Gourmet, So Relaxing, etc rates
- the 2nd rate displayed is again a pre-paid one but coming with 800 additional LCAH points. Interestingly, as you can see on the screenshot, you can book this rate even if you are not a LCAH member It is indeed very interesting to earn extra points in a program you are not a member of
- then you have the flexible rate.

So there is no "regular" pre-paid rates (without extra), which is not acceptable IMO as those extra comes obviously at a price in the rate (nothing is free in this world). And on a commercial point of view, do you consider normal to propose 800 extra points for a rate that is cheaper than the flexible rate ? Personally, I don't. Satellite OT question : in 2017, I'd be curious to know if such extra points will be status points or just bonus/award points ?
Attached Images   
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Weird thing happened yesterday.
  1. attempted to make a booking for a property in BKK - I was struggling with it and finally ended up in "technical error" after submitting credit card details
  2. "second" attempt resulted in the same error
  3. called up the property's reservation department and explained the issue - they gave me Accor's Bangkok office number
  4. Called Accor BKK. No one answered the phone.
  5. Booked an spg hotel using their app in about 45 seconds

Steps 1-4 took me about 20 minutes altogether.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I'm not sure why I was targeted by this survey, and in French, but an interesting question here. Neither option is available on the website right now....

Attached Images  
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
I'm not sure why I was targeted by this survey, and in French, but an interesting question here. Neither option is available on the website right now....
I received this survey as well, and some relatives too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.