Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:29 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Aaaaand now a whole new booking system with larger photos and diminished functionality - good luck finding out the rates on other dates than ones originally selected. Just when other hotels started following Accor on one thing where they led (ability to browse rates for different dates quickly), Accor drops the ball.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: Accor Le Club
Originally Posted by JTCz
Aaaaand now a whole new booking system with larger photos and diminished functionality - good luck finding out the rates on other dates than ones originally selected. Just when other hotels started following Accor on one thing where they led (ability to browse rates for different dates quickly), Accor drops the ball.
Indeed, a very useful functionality now gone
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
My log in page is going crazy this morning; loading, page goes blank, then loads, then blank. Can't actually get beyond this flashing reload process - too painful for the eyes.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:02 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
My log in page is going crazy this morning; loading, page goes blank, then loads, then blank. Can't actually get beyond this flashing reload process - too painful for the eyes.
Works ok for me now. Have you tried again?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:51 pm

I wish the currency would remain stable. I start with my list of hotel choices in NZ$ (my home currency on .co.nz) and when I click to buy it becomes Euros because the booking is done on their European site, I suppose. I then have to check that the Euro rate is the rate I clicked in NZ$, which it often isn't because you have to reveal all the rates available for that room and not just the lead-in price (non-flexi, no breakfast etc).
Either childish attempts to squeeze an extra $ from me or incompetence. Charitably, I go for the latter as I can't believe Accor would bait and switch for NZ$10.
In 2015,I had a similar problem. The dollar rate which I was quoted all along did not equal the rate in Euros for which I was charged. I double-checked at a couple of currency conversion sites and complained to Accor. Response: "We checked the conversion rates and found that you were charged accordingly." However, the rate cited in the e-mail was $5.00 more than cited on the web site. I gave up. It was too little money to fight over. Now I try to change the currency to Euros if booking hotels in Europe, but it usually defaults to dollars in spite of my best efforts. Bottom line is that it has to be a really good deal before I will book on Accor's web site.

Last edited by sushanna1; Oct 30, 2016 at 7:51 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Oct 31, 2016, 2:36 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
found a new bug: The filters don't work.

Was looking at the hotels on Monday offer, and first thought there weren't any. But then found some, scrolling down the list. All available hotels are listed, it seems, specific rate or not.

Edit: they seem to have fixed the filtering, but now several ibises and novotels show with 'MEMBER CARD NOT ACCEPTED'
Attached Images  

Last edited by aapee; Nov 1, 2016 at 5:36 am
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:06 am

The currency thing drives me troppo. I will start off at .com.au in GBP then it will flip to Euro and on the payment page (entering credit card) it will flip to AUD if I am lucky. Yes, sometimes logging out and logging back in is the trick... other times i notice the url goes to co.uk other times ... well other times it is 'roulette'. I work on booking engines for a living and have never seen the variability you get here. Sure some are clunkier than others (we are taking you to the USA site to complete your booking) and others you can't see your preferred currency at all but the inconsistency on the Accor site is challenging. I will have to retest based on the site design (which is looking like starwood with the tiles for various devices). Hopefully they get rid of the 'searching for availabilities' text ...makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Finally! I realise I am not alone! I have taken to avoiding booking Accor (even though I am Platinum) because these website issues ANNOY ME SO MUCH. It's a HORRIBLE website, even not taking into account the pricing flaws which everyone else has so clearly highlighted. And I have also rung them up and complained about it.

No other hotel chain I use does this.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:04 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by thatsthatmattressman
Hopefully they get rid of the 'searching for availabilities' text ...makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
Having the website proofread by a native English speaker would be humongous (but very rewarding) task. Also "My bookings in progress" when they mean upcoming reservations.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:19 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Having the website proofread by a native English speaker would be humongous (but very rewarding) task. Also "My bookings in progress" when they mean upcoming reservations.
But for that they can't use the trainees who design and maintain the website...
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
I am quite happy to see that I'm not the only one who's been encountering thoses rates problems.
I have asked Accor's CS about this a month ago, but I am still wainting for an answer...
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:54 pm

Here an extreme case:

Then the rooms list. The only room available for that period is:

Even AUD449 less 10% is far from AUD276:

Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum
I wish the currency would remain stable. I start with my list of hotel choices in NZ$ (my home currency on .co.nz) and when I click to buy it becomes Euros because the booking is done on their European site, I suppose. I then have to check that the Euro rate is the rate I clicked in NZ$, which it often isn't because you have to reveal all the rates available for that room and not just the lead-in price (non-flexi, no breakfast etc).
Either childish attempts to squeeze an extra $ from me or incompetence. Charitably, I go for the latter as I can't believe Accor would bait and switch for NZ$10.
+1
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Here an extreme case:
But at least you still get the usable page and list layout, not the supersized pictures with unreadable text and the extra unhelpful hotel details page between the list and the room rates...

I envy you!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Koby
But at least you still get the usable page and list layout, not the supersized pictures with unreadable text and the extra unhelpful hotel details page between the list and the room rates...

I envy you!
I think it's a matter of location. When I go through the company VPN and log in through Europe, I get the hideous new layout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.