Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:01 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello,

I am sorry for my late reply, I ll get the team to investigate this and check with IT to see whats going on.
Best,
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:20 am

Thank you for confirming that I'm not the only one who's been seeing this!

I have also noticed several times over the last few weeks/months that the price on the overview page is not what you get when you go into the hotel's details. My reaction has been simply to book at non-Accor hotels because, honestly, I don't have time to click on every single hotel on the list to see what I am really going to pay. IHG gets it right, so it's quicker to book with them. (And Platinum for next year is already taken care of so I don't need the stay anymore anyway... )

I can just about live with the oversized-kiddie-for-tablets-only graphics on the room types page, but that in combination with the misleading prices is simply too much.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: Trying my best to love Le Club Accor (Gold)
I cant seem to book rooms with points anymore...used to be able to do it but now when try it brings me to the .cn page with no option to pay by points :/
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
For the hotel and dates I was looking for, some of the issues have been resolved following to this thread. It seems that rooms and rates were not properly loaded in the system. Particularly, additional room categories and a -30% offer for 30 days advance booking have magically appear . So the new price was a bit more than my non-Accor booking I made but not that much and it was cancellable, so I cancelled it and booked the Sofitel ^
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:57 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
I often see the website taking the cheapest rate on a given night and then assuming it's available for the whole stay, try a booking with a Sunday night in it for instance. It's wrong and illegal in Australia, as its deceptive and misleading to say the least, and I have been assured by the ACCC, our local government department responsible for such matters that they are pursuing action and expecting to hand Accor a large fine as a result.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:10 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
I wish the currency would remain stable. I start with my list of hotel choices in NZ$ (my home currency on .co.nz) and when I click to buy it becomes Euros because the booking is done on their European site, I suppose. I then have to check that the Euro rate is the rate I clicked in NZ$, which it often isn't because you have to reveal all the rates available for that room and not just the lead-in price (non-flexi, no breakfast etc).
Either childish attempts to squeeze an extra $ from me or incompetence. Charitably, I go for the latter as I can't believe Accor would bait and switch for NZ$10.
I thought that in this particular case, the booking always gets made in the currency of the hotel when you proceed to book. There is just a choice of currency for the display for your convenience.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:59 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello everyone

We had a technical problem affecting the price differences between the hotel list and the rates page which has been fixed. There have been a lot of price changes on that Sofitel hotel since 21 October, which must have solved the problem.

We are still working to understand the difference in taxes between the Sofitel and the Raffles hotels.

Thanks for your understanding.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:58 pm

Doesn't look fixed to me...

Sofitel Brussels Europe, Nov.10th to 14th: 93€/night in the Brussels hotels overview page. Cheapest room in the details for 4 nights: 612€.
I don't need a calculator to know that that isn't right.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Hello everyone

We had a technical problem affecting the price differences between the hotel list and the rates page which has been fixed. There have been a lot of price changes on that Sofitel hotel since 21 October, which must have solved the problem.

We are still working to understand the difference in taxes between the Sofitel and the Raffles hotels.

Thanks for your understanding.
Thank you Amy

Originally Posted by Koby

Sofitel Brussels Europe, Nov.10th to 14th: 93€/night in the Brussels hotels overview page. Cheapest room in the details for 4 nights: 612€.
Indeed. I just tried and have the same.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:35 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Koby

And it strikes again
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
I thought that in this particular case, the booking always gets made in the currency of the hotel when you proceed to book. There is just a choice of currency for the display for your convenience.
It's happening completely at random in my case.

U.K. Hotels that I've seen it happen with show as Ł then when you click check rates it changes to €
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:40 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by chrism20
It's happening completely at random in my case.

U.K. Hotels that I've seen it happen with show as Ł then when you click check rates it changes to €
But if you proceed to reserve, the final page should show in GBP?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by sxc
But if you proceed to reserve, the final page should show in GBP?
No it continues to show as Euro. The only way I've found to clear it is to log out and then back in. Once it changes to Euro it stays as Euro.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:28 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
A Novotel hotel with does not take part in the Le Club programme?

Same is showing for Novotel London Brentford.

I assume this is a bug with Accor.com rather than a change with Le Club acceptance?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I noticed a few accor hotels with the "non participating" logo yesterday too, I am guessing (hoping?) this is just a bug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.