Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:15 pm
R2

We will be staying at Sofitel Bali for the first time next week and I got this welcome email today. What a nice letter offering a little extra on top of standard Plat benefits and definitely makes me feel welcome.

Dear Mr. R2,
Bonjour! Selamat sore
Firstly, we would like to extend our sincere gratitude for choosing to stay with us as well as for your loyal patronage towards AccorHotels.
We have noted that you are holding our Accor Plus AccorHotels Platinum membership, which entitles you for a complimentary room upgrade to the next room category (subject to availability).
With regards to this benefit, I regret to inform you that due to our unavailability of higher room category, we are unable to confirm the complimentary upgrade.
Alternatively, in consideration of your loyalty, we are delighted to extend a 1 (one) time complimentary buffet dinner at our Kwee Zeen restaurant for 2 (two) adults, which you may enjoy this privilege at any point during your stay.
In addition, kindly be informed that should we are able to upgrade your room to our higher room category upon your arrival, the complimentary buffet dinner will be no longer valid.
Last but not least, we sincerely hope that this extra gesture of appreciation will help us providing an even better stay for you.
Mr. R2, I remain at your entire disposal should you require any further assistance.
Rest assured that your stay will be looked after and we will do our utmost to make it most memorable one.
We wish you a magnifique day and we look forward to welcoming you very soon to our resort!

Best Regards,
Dita Herliani
Luxury Concierge
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by R2
We will be staying at Sofitel Bali for the first time next week and I got this welcome email today. What a nice letter offering a little extra on top of standard Plat benefits and definitely makes me feel welcome.
what room type you booked? Very nice gesture indeed.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Some improvement I guess. When I was stayed there previously as Gold, no upgrade was given and the rest of benefits have to be asked/begged/requested. And my friend who was a Platinum also have similar treatment.

Personally I think its better not to email guest like that, but just offer the comp dinner in case of upgrade is not available.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Impressed: Upgrade guarantee 6 months in advance

Subject: Guaranteed upgrade to Luxury Room Pool Access
To: [email protected]

Dear Mr. Firsttime,

Bonsoir! Selamat Malam from Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort!

Welcome back!

We are delighted to received your future reservation with us on September xx – xx, 2019.

We have confirmed the room upgrade to Luxury Room Pool Access as requested.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back on September!

Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,
Xxxxxx
PabloM likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
How amazing is it that they have already upgraded you.

it encourages me to book the Sofitel when I’m looking to stay there in a few months.

Originally Posted by Firsttime4me2

Dear Mr. Firsttime,

Welcome back!

We are delighted to received your future reservation with us on September xx – xx, 2019.

Kind regards,
Xxxxxx
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Some improvement I guess. When I was stayed there previously as Gold, no upgrade was given and the rest of benefits have to be asked/begged/requested. And my friend who was a Platinum also have similar treatment.

Personally I think its better not to email guest like that, but just offer the comp dinner in case of upgrade is not available.
i have similiar experience, every thing need to beg.. early check in/ late checkout all cannot be confirmed until the actual day, and told me if i insist there will be a charge.

by the way, bali mt agung just erupted, so hopefully it wont cause any flight grounded.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...etres-air.html
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by tris06
Good to hear the lounge is stocked well with evening nibbles. Having no wine does not really worry me. Actually quite often I will go without any alcohol for many months. Soft drinks or decent juices or nice sparkling water like badot or some decent brand and I am a happy chap.

Have not booked yet. Waiting for a 30 to 40 percent sale to go up. Hope it comes sometime in April.

In the lounge during evening canapes or happy hour whatever you call it, they were happy to take my orders for 4 alcoholic cocktails at once even though there were only 2 of us. We hadn't finished them and the staff would be back asking if we wanted more.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
The Sofitel Nusa Dua is one of my favourite hotels. Hope you guys like it as much as I do.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by R2
Alternatively, in consideration of your loyalty, we are delighted to extend a 1 (one) time complimentary buffet dinner at our Kwee Zeen restaurant for 2 (two) adults, which you may enjoy this privilege at any point during your stay..
Errr but as Platinum shouldn't you entitle for breakfast as part of Platinum benefit and also lounge access?

To me they are just twisting the words
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Its buffet dinner ... not breakfast
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Its buffet dinner ... not breakfast

ahhh sorrry my mistake are they really running full next week? don't tell me there is another wedding
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PabloM
How amazing is it that they have already upgraded you.

it encourages me to book the Sofitel when I’m looking to stay there in a few months.

When are you staying there Pablo? We are also going to be there in just under 3 months from now.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
When are you staying there Pablo? We are also going to be there in just under 3 months from now.
Not sure yet Tris06 - just playing around with dates at the moment. Probably June or July but a few things up in the air currently.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
We are looking at mid July. Which is just after the Australian school holidays.
PabloM likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Firsttime4me2

Dear Mr. Firsttime,

Welcome back!

Kind regards,
Xxxxxx
is the stay is for a special event ?

And regarding the previous poster about complimentary dinner if no upgrade, I think the gesture is very good ... and maybe Accor could consider to "firmly suggesting" the properties to do the same.

If a gold/plt/diamond fail to get upgraded due to any reason, acknowledge it and offer comp dinner/spa/extra drink vouchers/bottle of wine to the guest.
Goldorak and hotel_user like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.