Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: KrisFlyer
Limit imposed by Indonesia fire regulations?
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by MajulahMadooba
Limit imposed by Indonesia fire regulations?
Is it? I feel like other hotels allow 2 kids and 2 adults.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 5:10 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Originally Posted by goldwannabe
Is it? I feel like other hotels allow 2 kids and 2 adults.
We stayed there in March 2019 - phenomenal stay in a Prestige suite with Plunge Pool - next to the beach/boardwalk. At the time kids were 11 and 8. One kid slept on the "3/4 couch" with the rising TV in front of it. I got pushed to the complimentary rollaway by my youngest who commandeered my spot in the king bed.

Bottom line with at the Sofitel Nusa Dua: we had originally thought of the luxury room (3 max) because of the same purpose so I reached out direct/phone before booking ... and voila! They offered this prestige/plunge pool for a similar price - was Le Club Platinum at the time (highest level then) - so we took it. Club Millesime access was good for the kids too - more because we usually were the only people in the lounge at any time - breakfast/tea/canapes.

Sounds like a little different now there compared to what I experienced getting benefits. I am privileged to still get upgraded complimentary rooms/suites wise - still 100% (cross fingers for continued success). We have had haphazard success with benefits with the kids over the years - now the kids are deemed "adults" in some parts of the world, but at least complimentary upgrades have been as above. I can only assume that most hotels would stick to the "numbers" as if something like fire did happen as MalujahMadoobah suggested, they would be up-the-creek (ie you did not account for it, fire broke out, numbers were not representative, your insurance is null and void ... or something like that). Some management teams may gamble...
Old Feb 17, 2024, 2:24 am

Would never return to this hotel - awful
Old Feb 17, 2024, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by patty canuck
We stayed there in March 2019 - phenomenal stay in a Prestige suite with Plunge Pool - next to the beach/boardwalk. At the time kids were 11 and 8. One kid slept on the "3/4 couch" with the rising TV in front of it. I got pushed to the complimentary rollaway by my youngest who commandeered my spot in the king bed.

Bottom line with at the Sofitel Nusa Dua: we had originally thought of the luxury room (3 max) because of the same purpose so I reached out direct/phone before booking ... and voila! They offered this prestige/plunge pool for a similar price - was Le Club Platinum at the time (highest level then) - so we took it. Club Millesime access was good for the kids too - more because we usually were the only people in the lounge at any time - breakfast/tea/canapes.

Sounds like a little different now there compared to what I experienced getting benefits. I am privileged to still get upgraded complimentary rooms/suites wise - still 100% (cross fingers for continued success). We have had haphazard success with benefits with the kids over the years - now the kids are deemed "adults" in some parts of the world, but at least complimentary upgrades have been as above. I can only assume that most hotels would stick to the "numbers" as if something like fire did happen as MalujahMadoobah suggested, they would be up-the-creek (ie you did not account for it, fire broke out, numbers were not representative, your insurance is null and void ... or something like that). Some management teams may gamble...
Thanks, that’s useful.

The suite is double the price and we won’t use the lounge as the kids won’t want to leave the pool!
Old Feb 17, 2024, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by sdm1985
Would never return to this hotel - awful
We actually booked for four families originally because one family couldn’t afford other hotels like the ritz.

Now it looks like a few of us need to pay more than the ritz price anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.