Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
fair enough I will see what the spa has today In the hotel.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by tris06
I thought their spa was stunning.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:18 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tris06
tris06, all went well with your check-in? No further issues in regards to the lost booking etc?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 10:57 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Bumping this thread inactive since quite long, I would like having some advice from previous guests.

I'm planning a short stay in August when luckily at least the domestic tourism in Bali going to reopen. I have a quite big amount of points to spend and after reading the different reviews above I decided to book a Prestige Suite with pool instead of 1 bdr Villa, we are a couple with one 5 yo daughter and I would not isolate too much from the common pools and child poll/club and the suite looks more airy than villa. Villa is slightly cheaper than Prestige Suite.

Any though/hint about the room choice?

Navigating in the All/Accor IT mess, I can find different fare and options for the same type of rooms (between android app, desktop or mobile web site), using browser before login to my account I can find the Prestige suite standard (no pool) for total 400 USD/3 nights less than the one with pool, same flexible and club access option. Even paying with miles I think 400 USD saving is quite big, is this difference really justified? Paying with points would give any chance for an upgrade at place?
ricardojrsousa likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 12:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BobFF68
Bumping this thread inactive since quite long, I would like having some advice from previous guests.

I'm planning a short stay in August when luckily at least the domestic tourism in Bali going to reopen. I have a quite big amount of points to spend and after reading the different reviews above I decided to book a Prestige Suite with pool instead of 1 bdr Villa, we are a couple with one 5 yo daughter and I would not isolate too much from the common pools and child poll/club and the suite looks more airy than villa. Villa is slightly cheaper than Prestige Suite.

Navigating in the All/Accor IT mess, I can find different fare and options for the same type of rooms (between android app, desktop or mobile web site), using browser before login to my account I can find the Prestige suite standard (no pool) for total 400 USD/3 nights less than the one with pool, same flexible and club access option. Even paying with miles I think 400 USD saving is quite big, is this difference really justified? Paying with points would give any chance for an upgrade at place?
Can't help you your questions, but if you book a flexible rate, consider checking the sale they just published yesterday.
Rate includes one cat upgrade, breakfast and afternoon tea.
https://accor.megatix.co.id/v1/event...bali-indonesia
Old Jun 25, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Stayed in March last year for 11 days - prestige suite with plunge pool; two children 11 and 8yo at the time. Got a private tour of the one bed villa, two bed villa (one that IMF Chair at the time Christine Lagarde stayed in when the IMF meeting was there recently) and in my opinion a nice presidential villa.

I think it is what you thing an extra $400 will get and means to you for this trip. We were at the end of the complex closest to the beach, and next to the kids club where the girls got their hair braided too. The villas feel very isolated and you really cannot feel close to the beach or anyone else for that matter. The presidential villa obviously has beach access (but that is a moot point). Pool in the villas are "cold/isolating" so someone may like this while others not.

We used the plunge pool every morning and night with the kids as respectively a wake up before breakfast and cool down before bed. It was private from a ground level aspect, but the prestige suites above us w/o pools obviously could look down on us (did not see anyone though in them during our stay). So for us the plunge pool was worth it. You are also on the ground floor; 15 metres to the kids club straight walk compared to stairs or an elevator instead if no plunge pool ...

My two cents
BobFF68 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by BobFF68

paying by points doesn’t make any difference. Accor points are like money.

enjoy your vacation. Sofitel Nusa Dua is a very good property, with amazing staff and service, especially at club millesime.
tris06 and BobFF68 like this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 8:20 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by exploreaswego
Can't help you your questions, but if you book a flexible rate, consider checking the sale they just published yesterday.
Rate includes one cat upgrade, breakfast and afternoon tea.
https://accor.megatix.co.id/v1/event...bali-indonesia
Thanks, could be a bargain for someone. As I'm using points I will not take it.

Originally Posted by patty canuck
Stayed in March last year for 11 days - prestige suite with plunge pool; two children 11 and 8yo at the time. Got a private tour of the one bed villa, two bed villa (one that IMF Chair at the time Christine Lagarde stayed in when the IMF meeting was there recently) and in my opinion a nice presidential villa.

I think it is what you thing an extra $400 will get and means to you for this trip. We were at the end of the complex closest to the beach, and next to the kids club where the girls got their hair braided too. The villas feel very isolated and you really cannot feel close to the beach or anyone else for that matter. The presidential villa obviously has beach access (but that is a moot point). Pool in the villas are "cold/isolating" so someone may like this while others not.

We used the plunge pool every morning and night with the kids as respectively a wake up before breakfast and cool down before bed. It was private from a ground level aspect, but the prestige suites above us w/o pools obviously could look down on us (did not see anyone though in them during our stay). So for us the plunge pool was worth it. You are also on the ground floor; 15 metres to the kids club straight walk compared to stairs or an elevator instead if no plunge pool ...

My two cents
Thanks for sharing your experience, I will keep the pool suite then.

Originally Posted by Dav77
paying by points doesn’t make any difference. Accor points are like money.

enjoy your vacation. Sofitel Nusa Dua is a very good property, with amazing staff and service, especially at club millesime.
Thanks, just hope that by August everything will be open as official date for restart of domestic tourism still not yet official, just speculations for the time being.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Villa Experience - am I overreacting ? What would you do?

Hello!

im struggling to figure out if I’m over reacting and need your help on understanding that as well as what service recovery here should look like. I had stayed at Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua right after Bali reopened alone in a Luxury Plunge Pool Room. Although with some service flaws (that I most attributed to covid) I enjoyed it enough that I decided to book the 1 Bedroom Villa for Mrs and I to take a (much needed) 9-night vacation. This was booked over 3 months ago, full cash and I’m a ALL Plat. This was their highest room type for 2ppl in the period.

I just checked in today and had what I’d consider a really bad experience overall. I (knowingly over)paid for the airport transfer. Upon arriving no one greeted us. Ok… it’s a “massive property”: no big deal. I knew my way around and went to reception asking someone to handle our bags. There we were finally taken to the Club to do the check in. We waited. And waited. And waited. Poorly trained staff, waiting for a last check on the room, for the luggage etc. After over 45min and some complaining we finally were taken to the villa… hoping this was just a bad experience we’d put behind but to say we were disappointed is an understatement. The villa is literally falling apart, poorly maintained and dirty. On top of that some of the promised amenities (in room description) are no where to be seen. Photos below.
  • Dirty surfaces everywhere. Some more disgusting than others. But none of the Sofitel standard Id expect (Casablanca Sofitel was better ahah)
  • Pool dirty (hairs etc) and pool side with some small trash
  • pieces falling off, including the peeling from bathtub
  • completely broken door with huge gap which would get the villa full of mosquitos
  • no butler (although in room description)
  • no “luxury amenities” (simple big dispensers unbranded).
  • poor maintenance all around
  • of all the villas I got the ones facing the main building (less privacy). Front office manager says she doesn’t understand also why a same-category upgrade was not given ahead of time.

Not what I want for the next days. Initially a “duty manager” was sent (30min and two calls after my request, service is impossible) who basically said he could do nothing as they are fully booked and essentially making it look like he didn’t care much. I said that I am really looking for a relaxing time in a nice property and if this was it … I was checking out. After me insisting - and he mentioning no one else was around - finally the front office manager was called. She was MUCH better (trained) and handled the situation with grace but unfortunately didn’t provide much in terms of solutions. I suggested they could move me to Mgallery “next door” but they said they can’t. I mentioned I’m disappointed since I enjoyed the Luxury Plunge room and she finally mentions she has one and can move me there. She puts this literal downgrade as some sort of service recovery and even mentions she can refund me the difference (as if that wasn’t the *very least* I’d expect). Again she was great but just clearly limited on what she can offer or maybe the training for these situations.

I was exhausted and the Mrs didn’t want to stay in the villa so we moved to the Luxury Plunge Pool. They basically offered us dinner (buffet) and to refund the difference paid if we move to Plunge Pool (Luxury) room. Tomorrow we are supposed to look at another villa that is getting vacant to see if that’s better.

if the villa is better - aligned with my expectations - I’m probably going to switch and just put stuff like “no Buttler” behind me and enjoy the stay.

However if that is equally as badly maintained I’m not sure what I’d do. On one end there’s a reason I didn’t book this luxury Plunge pool room. I wanted a different experience. Also it doesn’t seem fair the “compensation” is the price difference (which I’m not even sure if based on time of booking). Maybe I’ll move to another property but anything similar is now 1.5-2x the price. Which me having to cover is insane.

Do you think I’m overreacting ? Maybe is not that bad ? Otherwise what you feel should be the service recovery in case I switch to the Plunge Pool room or in case I just switch to another villa or eventually check out? What is fair ?

I know staff is new, there’s still covid effects etc so I want to be fair. All the while, I want to have the vacation I (maybe wrongly) envisioned. I’ve been to enough high end properties (Accor and others) that I think my standard isn’t that far fetched. But maybe it is ?

They can’t even wash this?

Huge gap on door!

Used paper from previous guests

Stuff falling apart like this everywhere

Just not cleaned!

Probably not visible but a ton of hair and some other stuff in the water. Right after check In

Dirty outside couch

There was some glue-y thing on the table top

Dirty windows everywhere

In almost all surfaces there was dirtiness

The bath tube was literally falling apart (peeling)
remymartin likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I really don't think you are overreacting. This is simply unacceptable knowing the price they charge for such rooms.
It is obvious that the hotel has not been properly maintained during the pandemic and closing period.
You should ask to speak to the GM. He is accountable for this.
I stayed there a few years ago, had a good stay overall but I remember several things that really pissed me off (details can be read in the review I did at that time on FT). I wrote an email to the GM after the stay with the strong and weak points and I never received any response. I don't know if it is still the same GM (probably not), but the one at that time did not seem to care at all about what was happening in his hotel.
As you may know, I am a regular at Sofitel Angkor in Cambodia. The GM told me several times how hard it is to maintain facilities in tropical climates (overall same climate between Bali and Cambodia). Everything gets damaged very quickly with humidity and rain and he explained me how much they were taking care of maintaining everything, taking the opportunity of the low season to close a part of the resort to make all the maintenance and then move the part under maintenance to have everything done for the next high season. And during the pandemic, everything was maintained perfectly, the GM and the management team stayed there during all the pandemic and when I returned there in february, I had the pleasure to see an immaculate hotel, as nice as before the pandemic. This is the difference between a well-run hotel and a badly-run one.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You should ask to speak to the GM. He is accountable for this.
I stayed there a few years ago, had a good stay overall but I remember several things that really pissed me off (details can be read in the review I did at that time on FT). I wrote an email to the GM after the stay with the strong and weak points and I never received any response. I don't know if it is still the same GM (probably not), but the one at that time did not seem to care at all about what was happening in his hotel..
I checked and it appears it is the same guy since 2015. So the same that ignored your message. He’s apparently also the area Director of Operations.

And I fully agree with you. Leadership sets the tone and maintenance is exactly what I see missing completely here together with very poor training. I think my problem is the kind of high expectations I had as I generally have on Sofitel / Fairmont etc.

I’ve also stayed at the Angkor and it is indeed a lovely property. Glad it has kept together it after the pandemic.

I’ll see what their other villa looks like tomorrow. My fear is that it will be more of the same. And given their lack of care I’m stuck with either a downgrade - which is still ok room, but not what I wanted - or a very expensive switch to a nearby property booking rooms at top-price. All the while they don’t care.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:21 am

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
You are not over reacting, and more than disappointing from what i can see. And the service recover not very good either.

I have only stayed there twice prior to covid, and was impressed and enjoyed elevated service levels due to status. So very sad to hear it sounds like the property is not coping post covid.

As with all the other post covid travel chaos going around, it will be hard to achieve any recovery i feel. If they don't have suitable/maintained rooms, nor the staff to make it happen, it is lose lose.

In the end, it is the amount of effort you have to jump thru to get a outcome suitable to you. When it come to service failures like this i am very short with my effort, cause im not going to waste my time over. Just seems to be lose/lose.

(note to self, running out of accor properties for october holiday.....)
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
That property already dirty and run down just like that during my stay pre pandemic.
My room was prestige suite with pool so it have terazzo bathtub and it was quite dusty.

It seems like no improvement was made during these times.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:45 pm

I had one of the worst experiences here, broken glass on the beach, swarms of wasps at the pool bar, severe cost cutting and vowed NEVER to return - awful place.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 12:44 am

After a bit of back and forth, 2 nights and me asking for full refund ready to move elsewhere, they moved us to a Prestige Suite ( I guess some poor folks got “upgraded” to our falling apart villa).
Although not perfect (still issues with cleaning, no proper branded amenities etc) I’m happy to report it’s much better and actually more aligned with expectations. I’ll write a review when I have a few more days of it.

The property is, however, in a shameful state as a whole. You can feel management is MIA. Tons of maintenance issues and service shortfalls, those mostly due to poor / missing training.

I guess most people will still enjoy it, specially if used to lower levels of service, but having stayed in some amazing properties ( Sofitel or otherwise) and having the choice at the same price while booking of having stayed somewhere else I can’t feel this wasn’t the best decision.

as a side note, and maybe a smaller thing but that matters a ton for me, even though I requested in multiple occasions neither the GM nor the “manager in charge” cared to talk to me personally or with a phone call even refusing to do so and directing me to the (lovely but limited in what she could do) front office manager. It’s truly disgusting that rather than caring for the guests and the property he’s rather playing games to move up the ladder in Accor APAC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.