Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Old Jul 16, 19, 7:43 pm
  #361  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Posts: 1,824
fair enough I will see what the spa has today In the hotel.
tris06 is offline  
Old Jul 16, 19, 9:08 pm
  #362  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Posts: 13,704
Originally Posted by tris06 View Post
fair enough I will see what the spa has today In the hotel.
I thought their spa was stunning.
Annalisa12 is offline  
Old Jul 16, 19, 11:18 pm
  #363  
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,523
Originally Posted by tris06 View Post
fair enough I will see what the spa has today In the hotel.
tris06, all went well with your check-in? No further issues in regards to the lost booking etc?
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Jun 24, 20, 10:57 pm
  #364  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: CGK, BDO, MXP
Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Posts: 307
Bumping this thread inactive since quite long, I would like having some advice from previous guests.

I'm planning a short stay in August when luckily at least the domestic tourism in Bali going to reopen. I have a quite big amount of points to spend and after reading the different reviews above I decided to book a Prestige Suite with pool instead of 1 bdr Villa, we are a couple with one 5 yo daughter and I would not isolate too much from the common pools and child poll/club and the suite looks more airy than villa. Villa is slightly cheaper than Prestige Suite.

Any though/hint about the room choice?

Navigating in the All/Accor IT mess, I can find different fare and options for the same type of rooms (between android app, desktop or mobile web site), using browser before login to my account I can find the Prestige suite standard (no pool) for total 400 USD/3 nights less than the one with pool, same flexible and club access option. Even paying with miles I think 400 USD saving is quite big, is this difference really justified? Paying with points would give any chance for an upgrade at place?
BobFF68 is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 12:17 am
  #365  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 364
Originally Posted by BobFF68 View Post
Bumping this thread inactive since quite long, I would like having some advice from previous guests.

I'm planning a short stay in August when luckily at least the domestic tourism in Bali going to reopen. I have a quite big amount of points to spend and after reading the different reviews above I decided to book a Prestige Suite with pool instead of 1 bdr Villa, we are a couple with one 5 yo daughter and I would not isolate too much from the common pools and child poll/club and the suite looks more airy than villa. Villa is slightly cheaper than Prestige Suite.

Any though/hint about the room choice?

Navigating in the All/Accor IT mess, I can find different fare and options for the same type of rooms (between android app, desktop or mobile web site), using browser before login to my account I can find the Prestige suite standard (no pool) for total 400 USD/3 nights less than the one with pool, same flexible and club access option. Even paying with miles I think 400 USD saving is quite big, is this difference really justified? Paying with points would give any chance for an upgrade at place?
Can't help you your questions, but if you book a flexible rate, consider checking the sale they just published yesterday.
Rate includes one cat upgrade, breakfast and afternoon tea.
https://accor.megatix.co.id/v1/event...bali-indonesia
exploreaswego is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 8:25 am
  #366  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: YYZ, DUB, OGG
Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR PLUS DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Posts: 1,139
Stayed in March last year for 11 days - prestige suite with plunge pool; two children 11 and 8yo at the time. Got a private tour of the one bed villa, two bed villa (one that IMF Chair at the time Christine Lagarde stayed in when the IMF meeting was there recently) and in my opinion a nice presidential villa.

I think it is what you thing an extra $400 will get and means to you for this trip. We were at the end of the complex closest to the beach, and next to the kids club where the girls got their hair braided too. The villas feel very isolated and you really cannot feel close to the beach or anyone else for that matter. The presidential villa obviously has beach access (but that is a moot point). Pool in the villas are "cold/isolating" so someone may like this while others not.

We used the plunge pool every morning and night with the kids as respectively a wake up before breakfast and cool down before bed. It was private from a ground level aspect, but the prestige suites above us w/o pools obviously could look down on us (did not see anyone though in them during our stay). So for us the plunge pool was worth it. You are also on the ground floor; 15 metres to the kids club straight walk compared to stairs or an elevator instead if no plunge pool ...

My two cents
BobFF68 likes this.
patty canuck is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 4:23 pm
  #367  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Posts: 1,212
Originally Posted by BobFF68 View Post
Bumping this thread inactive since quite long, I would like having some advice from previous guests.

I'm planning a short stay in August when luckily at least the domestic tourism in Bali going to reopen. I have a quite big amount of points to spend and after reading the different reviews above I decided to book a Prestige Suite with pool instead of 1 bdr Villa, we are a couple with one 5 yo daughter and I would not isolate too much from the common pools and child poll/club and the suite looks more airy than villa. Villa is slightly cheaper than Prestige Suite.

Any though/hint about the room choice?

Navigating in the All/Accor IT mess, I can find different fare and options for the same type of rooms (between android app, desktop or mobile web site), using browser before login to my account I can find the Prestige suite standard (no pool) for total 400 USD/3 nights less than the one with pool, same flexible and club access option. Even paying with miles I think 400 USD saving is quite big, is this difference really justified? Paying with points would give any chance for an upgrade at place?
paying by points doesn’t make any difference. Accor points are like money.

enjoy your vacation. Sofitel Nusa Dua is a very good property, with amazing staff and service, especially at club millesime.
tris06 and BobFF68 like this.
Dav77 is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 8:20 pm
  #368  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: CGK, BDO, MXP
Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Posts: 307
Originally Posted by exploreaswego View Post
Can't help you your questions, but if you book a flexible rate, consider checking the sale they just published yesterday.
Rate includes one cat upgrade, breakfast and afternoon tea.
https://accor.megatix.co.id/v1/event...bali-indonesia
Thanks, could be a bargain for someone. As I'm using points I will not take it.

Originally Posted by patty canuck View Post
Stayed in March last year for 11 days - prestige suite with plunge pool; two children 11 and 8yo at the time. Got a private tour of the one bed villa, two bed villa (one that IMF Chair at the time Christine Lagarde stayed in when the IMF meeting was there recently) and in my opinion a nice presidential villa.

I think it is what you thing an extra $400 will get and means to you for this trip. We were at the end of the complex closest to the beach, and next to the kids club where the girls got their hair braided too. The villas feel very isolated and you really cannot feel close to the beach or anyone else for that matter. The presidential villa obviously has beach access (but that is a moot point). Pool in the villas are "cold/isolating" so someone may like this while others not.

We used the plunge pool every morning and night with the kids as respectively a wake up before breakfast and cool down before bed. It was private from a ground level aspect, but the prestige suites above us w/o pools obviously could look down on us (did not see anyone though in them during our stay). So for us the plunge pool was worth it. You are also on the ground floor; 15 metres to the kids club straight walk compared to stairs or an elevator instead if no plunge pool ...

My two cents
Thanks for sharing your experience, I will keep the pool suite then.

Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
paying by points doesn’t make any difference. Accor points are like money.

enjoy your vacation. Sofitel Nusa Dua is a very good property, with amazing staff and service, especially at club millesime.
Thanks, just hope that by August everything will be open as official date for restart of domestic tourism still not yet official, just speculations for the time being.
BobFF68 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: