Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:44 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by ricardojrsousa
After a bit of back and forth, 2 nights and me asking for full refund ready to move elsewhere, they moved us to a Prestige Suite ( I guess some poor folks got “upgraded” to our falling apart villa).
Although not perfect (still issues with cleaning, no proper branded amenities etc) I’m happy to report it’s much better and actually more aligned with expectations. I’ll write a review when I have a few more days of it.

The property is, however, in a shameful state as a whole. You can feel management is MIA. Tons of maintenance issues and service shortfalls, those mostly due to poor / missing training.

I guess most people will still enjoy it, specially if used to lower levels of service, but having stayed in some amazing properties ( Sofitel or otherwise) and having the choice at the same price while booking of having stayed somewhere else I can’t feel this wasn’t the best decision.

as a side note, and maybe a smaller thing but that matters a ton for me, even though I requested in multiple occasions neither the GM nor the “manager in charge” cared to talk to me personally or with a phone call even refusing to do so and directing me to the (lovely but limited in what she could do) front office manager. It’s truly disgusting that rather than caring for the guests and the property he’s rather playing games to move up the ladder in Accor APAC
Looking forward to hearing how the Executive Lounge Experience has been (hope you post pictures too). :-)

Last edited by SullyofDoha; Aug 6, 2022 at 3:45 am Reason: spelling correction
Old Aug 6, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
We had a family extended weekend here last May during Idul Fitri celebrations thus was the first busy period for Bali after the reopening from covid19 restrictions. Our room was the Prestige Suite with pool that is the highest level (and price) beside Villas, conditions were much better than in the above pics even not perfect, some small tear here and there and when we arrived was a bit dusty, it was cleaner on the following days, as comparison I found the suites at Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua where I stayed few years ago to be at higher level despite priced similar. Overall, our stay has been pleasant, we enjoyed both private and main pools, common area and gardens were in general well-kept and the beach too, few vendors but not too insistent. The hotel is big thus despite is fully booked never looked too crowded (except for the main restaurant during breakfast).
On the other side I agree that rooms are overpriced for quality the whole level of service given as 400 USD per night in Bali is still a lot, having paid with points and the fact that it was our first holiday after two years we just wanted to relax thus I wasn't much concerned.

Same as ricardojrsousa despite booking the airport pick up from the hotel at lobby nobody was waiting for us at the lobby. Cost of airport pick up is standard in my opinion, they use Goldenbird service, price was 380K IDR with Toyota Innova vs 200K+ IDR by standard taxi thus is think is reasonable.

Not any welcome gift in the room such as fruit platter or chocolate, something that in Indonesia is almost a standard even in budget hotels when you stay in a higher-level room. At least we got some vouchers to be used at pool bar.

The advertised butler service never materialized

We tried a couple of restaurants, but I would define them between average to mediocre for the cost

Executive lounge was a mixed bag, breakfast and afternoon tea were pleasant and allowed us to avoid the morning crowd of the main restaurant, for breakfast food choice decent (a limited buffet plus the menu) and personnel in general courteous and skilled. Once at 8.20 PM went for a quick drink before going to room and the lady at the door didn't want us to enter "because the lounge was closing at 9 pm", then another staff member appeared and allowed us to enter. I went for the evening cocktails just once a for a very short time to taste few glasses of wine as we had to go out for the night, there were some hot and cold dished, not a big selection, the wine was awful, the red was a Cabernet Merlot from Bali “Cape Discovery” just undrinkable, something I would be ashamed offering to anyone, after a sip I left the lounge, did not even bother to taste the white. Not sure how they can offer to their guests such poor quality of wine, the fridges in the lounge were filled only of such bottles, I know the prices of wine in Indonesia it would just cost 50-100K IDR more to serve a cheap Australian or Chilean wine that is at least drinkable.

At the end is a place where you do not have to expect any special treatment or of being pampered despite the money you pay, if you go for a holiday with kids and take the standard room you can still have a passable holiday for an acceptable price.
ricardojrsousa likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Very good that your stay is turning better. But I find truly unbelievable and shocking that the manager on duty does not even take 5 min to talk with you.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Very good that your stay is turning better. But I find truly unbelievable and shocking that the manager on duty does not even take 5 min to talk with you.
a bit worse than that actually. She (front office manager) called and he seemingly refused to outright and she had to explain away he was in “a lot of long meetings” and “not sure when he’s available again”. The GM was apparently in SIN.
If I find myself with some layover time I’ll probably write a note to Asia HQ. Not sure if worth much but… at least I tried.
starflyergold and Goldorak like this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by ricardojrsousa
a bit worse than that actually. She (front office manager) called and he seemingly refused to outright and she had to explain away he was in “a lot of long meetings” and “not sure when he’s available again”. The GM was apparently in SIN.
If I find myself with some layover time I’ll probably write a note to Asia HQ. Not sure if worth much but… at least I tried.
Quite sad that the property look at very terrible state now.

I was staying here few times. First stay was ok but late checkout for 2pm was rejected and I really need to push very hard to get it.

The last stay (it was at 2016), it started not very good, but the FoM at that time handled it very well. I have to give my thumbs up to this young FoM. Sadly he noticed he has back to French.

Looks like the previous GM, is now become the Director of Operation for Bali and Lombok. Why don't you try to write to him instead?

Last edited by lingua101; Aug 15, 2022 at 11:16 pm
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:09 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Why bother, there are plenty of options in Bali that are cheaper and provide much better service, vote with your feet. I walked out of a Mecure recently as it was substandard in Bali and went to a cheaper Marriott property that blew me away with the best service and fantastic food (both western and Balinese). Back there in four weeks.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 11:37 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
The hotel recently got a new GM. Let's hope he can turn this place around. It has all the potential to be a great hotel....

https://indonesiaexpat.id/meet-the-e...-beach-resort/
Old Apr 29, 2023, 6:20 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I read here about a renovation made on this property

https://www.travelandleisureasia.com...-now-open/amp/

do you know if there has been a renovation only on some common areas or also the rooms / suites have been renewed?

or are there renovation works ongoing now or in the next months ?

thanks
Old May 1, 2023, 5:58 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Got feedback from this property:in regards to your inquiry, kindly to inform you that we already have the renovation for rooms, suite, villa and hotel area back on 2020 and at the moment there is no renovation in the resort and so far no information regarding renovations in the near future.

Old Dec 24, 2023, 8:42 am

Any updates on the condition of this resort? Still worth staying? It’s at 150usd a night for red hot rooms!
Old Feb 1, 2024, 10:46 pm
$CJ

Originally Posted by tboons
Any updates on the condition of this resort? Still worth staying? It’s at 150usd a night for red hot rooms!
Accor is generally poor in Bali for some reason.

If you're staying at the resort most of the time I would avoid. Meal time for example is a horrible shopping mall experience. If you're super keen a pool access room would be great.

The Grand Hyatt is older but bigger and far more serene and slow paced, especially in the club. The Westin is a also nicer middle ground.

If you're not wanting to stay in the resort I would instead head to Sanur and go to the Fairmont or Hyatt Regency.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by tboons
I was there last month for my 5th or 6th stay and just love it. Totally disagree with the comment above re it feeling like a shopping mall - food, drinks and accommodation all amazing.
tris06 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:23 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PabloM
I was there last month for my 5th or 6th stay and just love it. Totally disagree with the comment above re it feeling like a shopping mall - food, drinks and accommodation all amazing.

​​​​​​Thanks for that, that gives me some confidence. We are checking in tomorrow to the prestige suite (booked and paid).
Old Feb 5, 2024, 7:35 am

Programs: KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by $CJ
Accor is generally poor in Bali for some reason.
I came from the Pullman Legian. Lousy beach but wonderful property. Why do you make this blanket statement? (Will be trying the Sofitel later this year.)
Old Feb 16, 2024, 10:04 am

Hi,

We were due to stay here in April. However the agent we are using mentioned that the maximum number of occupants in a room is 3.

My children are 4 and 7, and sleep with my wife and I when we are away. We easily would fit into two twins.

Last year, we stayed at the Andaz Bali and they allowed us to book a room for 2 adults and 1 child, and have 2 children sleep in the room.

However, the Sofitel has told us they cannot accommodate this. They require us to book two rooms or a suite - both of which are double the price of one room.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

What I would most like to know is whether this is actually enforced? Or is it just a rule on paper?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.