Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:52 am
formerly bdohmen
Original Poster

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Upgrade

Does anyone have any experience with the cost of upgrades offered at check in? Obviously dependent on availability but I am debating upgrading to a suite ahead of time or rolling the dice and seeing what the arrival price is.

I am Accor Platinum if that makes any difference (which I doubt!)
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If you are platinum, you are entitled to free room upgrade, pending availability and provided you have booked your room through eligible channels.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:07 pm
formerly bdohmen
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
If you are platinum, you are entitled to free room upgrade, pending availability and provided you have booked your room through eligible channels.
I know but I am assuming the upgrade would be a room with plunge pool access and I am more interested in a suite which we could prepay for if there is no difference from when we arrive.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bdohmen
I know but I am assuming the upgrade would be a room with plunge pool access and I am more interested in a suite which we could prepay for if there is no difference from when we arrive.
Sorry but I don't follow you here
The free plat upgrade is normally one level up but sometimes people are lucky and get 2 categories up. If for you, having a suite is very important and you want to be sure to have one, then book this category and decline any proposed upgrade.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I'd wait and take the gamble of asking on checkin seeing you are platinum. Their service was pretty amazing when I was there and if they offer an upgrade just ask if it could be to the suite and if they say you would have to pay, then ask how much that would be. If they have the room, you might just get it.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
I booked an entry room and was given a double upgrade to room with pool access. Rooms were quite big & easily the size of a junior suite elsewhere. During my last stay 2 weeks back, I heard that the hotel was at full occupancy.

Goodluck on getting a suite upgrade. The gold/platinum(as I heard they are entitled to late checkout & upgrade) member beside booked a 5 night stay, with the first and last in a suite and the 3 middle nights on a normal room. The hotel made them check in/out between days where they are staying in a diff category.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:47 am
formerly bdohmen
Original Poster

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Upgrade

I'll roll the dice. Any experience from platinum members with respect to lounge access and is the free breakfast any good?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: VA Gold, HH Gold, Europcar PE, Accor Gold
I stayed there as a Gold last July and my travelling companion as a Platinum.
We received no upgrade to suites from club access rooms. That said the hotel was still getting built to some degree, I had the roof cave in and go all over the mini bar.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:38 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bakerm
I stayed there as a Gold last July and my travelling companion as a Platinum.
We received no upgrade to suites from club access rooms. That said the hotel was still getting built to some degree, I had the roof cave in and go all over the mini bar.
...and no compensation from the hotel?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: VA Gold, HH Gold, Europcar PE, Accor Gold
They shifted me to another room rather quickly, it was somewhat of an inopportune time to find someone to seek compensation from. Their English was a lot better than my Bahasa, though there were still very much a language barrier to deal with.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:49 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by BBxCoreb
I booked an entry room and was given a double upgrade to room with pool access. Rooms were quite big & easily the size of a junior suite elsewhere. During my last stay 2 weeks back, I heard that the hotel was at full occupancy.
I am going to book an entry room at the Sofitel Nusa Dua. Does any one know if a double upgrade to access pool rooms is usually granted to platinum members ? (so double upgrade)

Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:51 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Fellow FTer mochhol poster a TR with a link to a video he made on the Sofitel Nusa Dua.

Here it is: http://youtu.be/mvYrV2ec0Co
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by sycokid
How are the lounge benefits ?
The lounge is beautiful. Someone on trip advisor has written it is the nicest in SE Asia. I am not 100 % sure ... But its great. Its organised on 2 floors and has its own swimming pool.
Wine and cocktails are offered in the evening. The food offer is good, although not exceptional. Breakfast is good too.
Staff is very very nice, with this kindness and smiles you meet all the time in Bali. (... And that you do not encounter in my homeland !)
To me, this lounge is as good as the one at Sofitel SO Bangkok.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:37 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
The lounge is beautiful. Someone on trip advisor has written it is the nicest in SE Asia. I am not 100 % sure ... But its great. Its organised on 2 floors and has its own swimming pool.
Wine and cocktails are offered in the evening. The food offer is good, although not exceptional. Breakfast is good too.
Staff is very very nice, with this kindness and smiles you meet all the time in Bali. (... And that you do not encounter in my homeland !)
To me, this lounge is as good as the one at Sofitel SO Bangkok.
OT

If you look into the dedicated thread of this property here on our Accor thread, I posted a link a month ago to a TR done by a chap who made a very nice youtube clip of this property and the lounge.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
OT

If you look into the dedicated thread of this property here on our Accor thread, I posted a link a month ago to a TR done by a chap who made a very nice youtube clip of this property and the lounge.
Yep. thanks for posting it ! I saw it before leaving home. It was a good introduction to my stay.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.