Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Cupart
@Goldorak when did you plan of going?
Soon
Old Oct 23, 2015, 2:54 pm

We stayed in a pool access room just below your balcony in June.�� Was upgradesd as plat. The pool access room was the best thing and made our holiday special. The hotel is Really great.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:58 am

Def an excellent property!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, QR Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by direktorn
We stayed in a pool access room just below your balcony in June.�� Was upgradesd as plat. The pool access room was the best thing and made our holiday special. The hotel is Really great.
I should be heading there next month and will book a pool access room to avoid disappointment again!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Review Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort

Map| 8 Reviews | 88% Recommended

BTDC Lot N5 Nusa Dua, ID 80363

Review Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort (56 Photos)

I was very impatient to stay there after the very nice review done in this thread by macabresg. Unfortunately I was staying there only for 2 nights. It is a fabulous property and I had a great stay there, but there is room for a few improvements IMHO. I will try to not repeat what macabresghas already presented and, for pictures, will try to show you only new things compared to what has been already displayed. I confirm that the rooms, facilities and club Millesime were superb and staff exceptional (especially at the lounge). The place is huge and you get lost easily the 1st day but there is always somebody to help you finding your way).

The reception area

IMG_5979.JPG

IMG_5980.JPG

The room "corridors"

Check In

Check-in/out were done at the lounge (I will post more pictures in the lounge thread). You are accompagnied by a lounge attendant to your room and he/she present you all the hotel facilities and room amenities.

Room

I had booked a Luxury room with king size bed and was upgraded to the same room with private pool (so it is the same very nice room but on the ground floor with a private little pool and loungers – see pictures below). This room and the private pool were like heaven to me.

The terrace with small garden and private pool

Dining

They have very good restaurants (I confirm the brunch buffet during the week-end is fantatstic) in the main building and at the beach.

The brunch buffet

The pool bar

The beach restaurant

In the evening they have a all-you-can-eat BBQ with fresh producs for only 300 IDR

The free evening cocktails are served at the lounge between 17:30 and 19:30. Plat members get free breakfast at the lounge and at the main restaurant. Of course, the selection at the main restaurant is much larger but it is very crowded and noisy, so having breakfast at the lounge is like heaven.

An excellent cappucino with Sofitel logo ;-)

Here is what you can order in the lounge for breakfast in addition to the buffet

Pools and beach

There is a very large main pool and another one for kids.

The kids pool :

Outside the private villas, other rooms have a semi-private pool meaning that it is a sort of pool canal passing in front of all the ground floor rooms facing the main pool (you can se this on the 4th picture in the post of macabresg. I much prefered my own room in which my little pool was completely private and far from the main pool and associated potential nuisances.

The beach

Miscellaneous

Basic wifi is free and works very well. There is a Premium wifi but it is not offered to Plat Guests. Again, not a problem as regular one works well.

I mentioned above that despite an overall excellent stay, there is room for a few improvements:

- early check-in: I sent an e-mail to the hotel, the day before arrival, requesting an early check-in at 1 pm. They replied by a standard copy & paste answer (see below)

Dear Mr. Goldorak,

Bonjour! Selamat Pagi!

Thank you for your email.

We have noted your request for early arrival at 13:00 hrs. We wish to inform you that our standard check-in time is at 15:00 hrs, early check-in maybe requested however it will be subject to availability upon arrival. Rest assured that we will do our utmost to minimize the delay of providing your room. In the event the room is not available, we are delighted to provide our secured luggage storage to store your luggage and the all resort facilities are at your disposal.

Mr. Goldorak, we do hope above information is in order. We are looking forward to welcoming you at our magnifique resort. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yes, thank you, I know the standard check-in time is 3 pm and early check-in is subject to availability…so that’s exactly the purpose of my e-mail to request it and you can answer yes or no!

- late check-out: when I arrived, I asked for a late check-out at 4 pm, having a flight out of DPS at 6:30. I was told it will have to be confirmed the day before. OK so I asked again the day before calling the lounge and I was told we’ll confirm it to you…and nobody ever returned me a call to let me know. So I asked again the morning of check-out and then finally I was answered it was no problem. This should not be so complicated IMO

- no drink voucher was given (not very important with lounge access but…)

- usually, in Asian top-tier Accor hotels, you always have fruit platters in room and during turn-down service some chocolates or sweets. Here…nothing. Several hours after my arrival, I saw a guy distributing fruit platters in some rooms but mine was not part of the distribution list. May be they considered some package tours holiday customers more important…

- the day I arrived (Sunday), they were playing vey loud music through speakers at the beach and at the pool area during the entire afternoon. Very annoying IMO and this is not Club Med but Sofitel Luxury.

- There is an espresso machine in the room and I had the unpleasant surprise to discover on my bill some mini-bar drink charges: THEY DO CHARGE YOU FOR THE ESPRESSO CAPSULES! They told me only the instant coffee is free. Unbelievable (1st time I see this in an Accor hotel) and completely ridiculous knowing that I could have had free espresso at the lounge all day.

Overall

In conclusion, superb hotel which I strongly recommend. You will have a top notch experience if you have club Millime access and a private pool. I haven’t seen the private villas but it should be wonderful. I will definitely return if I had to go back to Bali despite the few minor problems I mentioned above and which I hope they will address sometime.

Review Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:59 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, QR Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Wow.. you really made this thread very graphic intensive but I enjoyed looking at these. It brought back fond memories of my stay!

About that mini bar charges you had, I would always confirm with the staff the dos and don'ts before I go for these unless they specifically indicate somewhere in the room that those are complimentary. I was once slapped with some "heavy" charges for consuming some beer in the mini bar which I thought were complimentary for the suite room I stayed (as indicated on their booking site) but it turned out that there were not for upgraded rooms!

Last edited by macabresg; Nov 5, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: All Diamond
Par excellence Mr Goldorak ^ Only 5 weeks to go for me now, subject to that bloody ash cloud floating around again !
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:14 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sycokid
Par excellence Mr Goldorak ^ Only 5 weeks to go for me now, subject to that bloody ash cloud floating around again !
I'm visiting Bali again next week but at the Pullman. I really hope everything is fine by then. Anyway, DPS airport has re-opened on Thursday despite earlier announcement of closure till at least Friday morning.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Thank you guys for your comments

Originally Posted by macabresg
Wow.. you really made this thread very graphic intensive but I enjoyed looking at these. It brought back fond memories of my stay!

About that mini bar charges you had, I would always confirm with the staff the dos and don'ts before I go for these unless they specifically indicate somewhere in the room that those are complimentary. I was once slapped with some "heavy" charges for consuming some beer in the mini bar which I thought were complimentary for the suite room I stayed (as indicated on their booking site) but it turned out that there were not for upgraded rooms!
I have to say that, for the espresso capsules, it never crossed my mind a single second that they could charge for this.

Originally Posted by sycokid
I'm visiting Bali again next week but at the Pullman. I really hope everything is fine by then. Anyway, DPS airport has re-opened on Thursday despite earlier announcement of closure till at least Friday morning.
I have been very lucky about this. I have posted this in the Asia forum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25666312-post6.html
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Wow where did this happen macabresg? I stayed at an "upgraded" room at Pullman Bangkok King Power that lists free mini bar soft drinks 2x daily (room type I booked doesn't offer this). I consumed some 3 cans over 3 nights, and there was no extra charge. I'd better ask hotel staff in the future about this possible charge.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
I love Pullman Bali. Its hardware can't compare with Sofitel's, but everyone was very friendly there. Whereas reception staff at Sofitel Nusa Dua were generally curt, and one actually made a snide remark (perhaps unintentionally, something he learned from some training, but it really hurt). Anyway, that's an old story and I sorted it out with the GM. Other staff at Sofitel Nusa Dua were very nice though.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:13 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Nice reviews here, thanks a lot guys. I'm going there in Feb and will stay in a pool villa (upgrade from luxury room was confirmed by GM after an unpleasant incident with their booking department (that I mentioned somewhere here earlier). I'm happy to report after my stay.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Nice review Goldorak as always.

"I much prefered my own room in which my little pool was completely private and far from the main pool and associated potential nuisances." : Very well said my friend ;-)

One problem I have with sofitel and their private pool offering is that when you first experience the luxury of a private pool, sharing one with others is more or less a no go...
Old Nov 15, 2015, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Nice review Goldorak as always.
Thank you Cupart

One problem I have with sofitel and their private pool offering is that when you first experience the luxury of a private pool, sharing one with others is more or less a no go...
Old Nov 15, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
I stayed there for 2 days in May after exploring the island for 10 days (it was my 5th times) and I really really really enjoyed it (usually i get bored in resort).

The room with direct access to the swimming pool was very enjoyable and I also had a good time the Nikki beach facilities at the hotel (probably drank too much there).

Nice property, I would recommend it for a few days easily, very easy access to the airpot as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.