Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 3:27 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Congratulations to your nuptials RJ77 ^ (and thanks for the review)
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thank you RJ77 for this review and congratulations for your wedding and honeymoon
I think all our reviews are consistent : very nice hotel but a cumulation of annoying minor things makes us not 100% satisfied. Quite stupid, as they could easily solve all this at no cost or almost. At least you were lucky to not pay for the espresso capsules...I did
I would return without hesitation but it would be really good that they work on solving those issues. I hope the GM read this forum (paging Amy ).
Thanks Goldorak. It's a very well-run resort. I think starflyergold had set a precedence, we won't pay for in-room coffee

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Congratulations to your nuptials RJ77 ^ (and thanks for the review)
Thanks.

Last edited by RJ77; Jun 8, 2016 at 12:36 am
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by RJ77
Thanks Goldorak. It's a very well-run resort. I think starflyergold had set a precedence, we won't pay for in-room coffee

Thanks.
For those of you who are platinum members, here are the benefits offered at Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Sofitel Bali.pdf (248.6 KB, 146 views)
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Some posts above there was mentioned a kid's corner in the lounge. What is this? A separate area in the Lounge?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:55 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I don't know about the kids space in the lounge, but staying there in a few weeks and when I asked about the kids club I was advised:

We wish to inform you free entrance to our Kids Club for the first 2 hours per day.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:33 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Moranguinho
Some posts above there was mentioned a kid's corner in the lounge. What is this? A separate area in the Lounge?
Originally Posted by PabloM
I don't know about the kids space in the lounge, but staying there in a few weeks and when I asked about the kids club I was advised:
Two different things.

In the lounge there is a kids corner which is right by the entrance. It's a small-ish room with a TV, gaming console, some books and some simple toys. When my 8yo walked in, and she saw some noisy kids fighting over the console, she walked out again.

The kids club is a building in the middle of the property near the pool. It's free for 2 hours but some activities you need to pay for. Again, something meant for younger kids - our 8yo also didnt like it too much (as opposed to the Padma Resort which had more interesting activities like T-shirt painting and feeding fish on their property grounds). The Kids Club at the Sofitel is outsourced and in my opinion more a "baby-sitting service".
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Two different things.

In the lounge there is a kids corner which is right by the entrance. It's a small-ish room with a TV, gaming console, some books and some simple toys. When my 8yo walked in, and she saw some noisy kids fighting over the console, she walked out again.

The kids club is a building in the middle of the property near the pool. It's free for 2 hours but some activities you need to pay for. Again, something meant for younger kids - our 8yo also didnt like it too much (as opposed to the Padma Resort which had more interesting activities like T-shirt painting and feeding fish on their property grounds). The Kids Club at the Sofitel is outsourced and in my opinion more a "baby-sitting service".
Thank you for clarification. I am just wondering, as in the lounge letter some pages before was written, that children from 6-11 are only allowed in the Kids Corner. Will the Rat (e.g. Breakfast) there?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:20 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Hi FTS, I'm thinking of a deew nights stay in Bali in Nov for a short getaway. Recent reviews seems to show that the Sofitel standards have dropped (ie: no status recognition etc). Are there any recommendations or should I just book the Sofitel?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by cowism
Hi FTS, I'm thinking of a deew nights stay in Bali in Nov for a short getaway. Recent reviews seems to show that the Sofitel standards have dropped (ie: no status recognition etc). Are there any recommendations or should I just book the Sofitel?
I would definitely stay at the Amarterra rather than the Sofitel.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:59 am

Very dissapointed, just checked in today and told no upgrade. I showed my phone that I still can book the upgraded room on the spot, but they still insist 'No Upgrade for You, Sir'
Bad recognition of Platinum member, consider to stay at Conrad Bali for the next stay.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:18 am

There is the Inaya Putri Bali near the Amarterra, right on a much more beautiful beach than Sofitel. I think I will stay there on my next trip to Bali. New property, great location, very decent rates.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Thanks all. Terri, sorry to hear about your experience. They have lost my business then. I'm very particular about recognition of status 😅
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:07 pm

Thanks all. Terri, sorry to hear about your experience. They have lost my business then. I'm very particular about recognition of status 😅
Still waiting GM reply after I sent him an email yesterday. Hoping it turns out better feedback.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 7:26 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I find it very odd that they don't seem to be forthcoming at this property. They are the same owners as the Pullman Central Park and there they are very much in favor of treating loyal guests well (unlike the Novotel Bali and Pullman Thamrin which have the same owner - different to the Sofitel - and are very stingy).
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:50 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I'm staying here on Thursday so might email in advance and ask what the deal is, telling them I'm hearing from friends the benefits are not consistent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.