Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2016, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by PabloM
I'm staying here on Thursday so might email in advance and ask what the deal is, telling them I'm hearing from friends the benefits are not consistent.
After several unpleasant arguments, they agreed to give us one level room upgrade just a minute ago.
But the damage has already done, will avoid Bali Accor properties in the future.
Next time we will try new hotel like Conrad Bali or go back to Mulia Resort (best BF buffet ever in Bali resorts).
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TeRriii
After several unpleasant arguments, they agreed to give us one level room upgrade just a minute ago.
But the damage has already done, will avoid Bali Accor properties in the future.
Next time we will try new hotel like Conrad Bali or go back to Mulia Resort (best BF buffet ever in Bali resorts).
What was their argument?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Still waiting GM reply after I sent him an email yesterday. Hoping it turns out better feedback.
Good luck. Never received any response after an e-mail sent last November

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I find it very odd that they don't seem to be forthcoming at this property. They are the same owners as the Pullman Central Park and there they are very much in favor of treating loyal guests well (unlike the Novotel Bali and Pullman Thamrin which have the same owner - different to the Sofitel - and are very stingy).
Unless things have changed since my stay in November 2015, I had the impression that it was more staff training issues rather than management policy problems.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by cowism
What was their argument?
They said they have a policy to not upgrade their elite member during July to August because of high season. Second argument, they have no room available. But I'm quite sure this hotel occupancy only half full. Tried to do dummy booking through Agoda and I can book 8 rooms without problem.
I booked this stay using Accor 5 nights promo. It was a good deal.
So, I think they tried several times to cut my upgrade benefit because they have sold the room for a very low price.
Cheap price = no benefit.

Oh another thing, I tried to get free upgrade through Accor Plus Complimentary Room Upgrade certificate, and....they still ignored that.

AccorPlus Platinum card + AccorPlus Upgrade certificate is useless lol.

The staff name that refuse to honor Platinum & Accor Plus benefit is Mr Adi. I asked Concierge staff, and he told me Mr Adi is assistant manager Club Millesime.

Last edited by TeRriii; Jul 18, 2016 at 5:14 am
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:44 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Yet another property with their own policy. Unbelievable. I would report this to Accor HQ and Gilles Cretallaz, a Vice President Operations Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery and Grand Mercure in South East Asia. This high season policy is totally useless since Accor already has a policy: the upgrade is always subject to availability.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
What would that category of room that you've been upgraded to?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

What a shame. From a hotel cost pov, it's more of an expectations costs. But it's a very short term mentality
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by RJ77
What would that category of room that you've been upgraded to?
They finally offered free upgrade to Luxury Room Ocean View from entry level Luxury Room on my 2nd day (today).

Then my wife asked how much for paid upgrade to Luxury Room Pool Access. My wife is a good negotiator, and she made a good deal.
Good service recovery but not necessary if they willing to upgrade me to next tier room on first day I came.

Updated :
Mr Adi came to us during cocktail hour on my 2nd day (18 July) and he apologized not being able to provide all benefits for Platinum member on our first day.
We glad our issue is solved smoothly.
As new employee (1-2 months enrolled) he is still learning about Le Club program. I gave several pointers to him, hopefully he learn quick so other elite members that come to this property will receive their benefit without much hassle.

Last edited by TeRriii; Jul 18, 2016 at 5:14 am
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:22 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Mr Adi came to us during cocktail hour on my 2nd day (18 July) and he apologized not being able to provide all benefits for Platinum member on our first day.
As new employee (1-2 months enrolled) he is still learning about Le Club program. I gave several pointers to him, hopefully he learn quick so other elite members that come to this property will receive their benefit without much hassle.
So in the end this was all about a lack of knowledge or a training issue?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
They finally offered free upgrade to Luxury Room Ocean View from entry level Luxury Room on my 2nd day (today).

Then my wife asked how much for paid upgrade to Luxury Room Pool Access. My wife is a good negotiator, and she made a good deal.
Good service recovery but not necessary if they willing to upgrade me to next tier room on first day I came.

Updated :
It's probably the type of room I had last time. The difference is only the view I guess. Bathtub is oh so small. You should have escalated to a more experienced front desk agent for upgrades. Anyway hope things improve from there.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Updated :
Please tell him I'm coming Thursday and I expect a villa!!! 😜

I've had emails today from Febio, who contacted me to ask my arrival time and I advised 12pm. She responded with:

We wish to inform you that our standard check-in time is at 15:00 hrs, early check-in maybe requested however it will be subject to availability upon arrival. Rest assured that we will do our utmost to minimize the delay of providing your room. In the event the room is not available, we are delighted to provide our secured luggage storage to store your luggage and the all resort facilities are at your disposal.

Furthermore, we inform you the benefit of Platinum Member Holder as below:
- Platinum Member holder is entitled to have an upgrade to the next room category as if the reservations are on the Accor Platinum Member Holder name (max 2 room) subject to availability upon check in/arrival of the guests.
- Platinum Member holder is entitled to access the Club Millesime as if the reservation is on the Accor Platinum Member Holder name (max 2 room) subject to availability upon check in.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Very poor excuse IMO. The rules are not that complicated.

Last edited by Goldorak; Jul 19, 2016 at 2:11 am
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:49 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Very poor excuse IMO. The rules are that complicated.
Agreed. (assuming you mean not that complicated)

Please, a new employee? They should not be allowed to work the lounge unsupervised until they know what they are doing.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
So in the end this was all about a lack of knowledge or a training issue?
Maybe. Many excuses had been told to me.
I just wonder why the hotel sent him to handle elite member.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by PabloM
Please tell him I'm coming Thursday and I expect a villa!!! 😜
I really wish you'll get much better treatment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.