Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Agreed. (assuming you mean not that complicated)
Yes of course. Sorry
I have edited my post
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:15 am

Just came back from waterboom and found a bottle of Sparkling Wine in my room. Also got 2 phone calls from Room Director Mr Rudi and Club Manager Mr Kurniawan, they apologized for our incovenience. Mr Rudi also informed me, he has received my email that I sent to Sofitel GM. Nice gesture from hotel management. Really appreciate it.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TeRriii; Jul 19, 2016 at 5:21 am
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TeRriii
Just came back from waterboom and found a bottle of Sparkling Wine in my room. Also got 2 phone calls from Room Director Mr Rudi and Club Manager Mr Kurniawan, they apologized for our incovenience. Mr Rudi also informed me, he has received my email that I sent to Sofitel GM. Nice gesture from hotel management. Really appreciate it.
Nice touch. Could have been avoided from the beginning
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Checked in today and it was generally ok. Received a one category room upgrade, lounge access, welcome gift (water and chocolate). Couldn't get early checkin despite emailing and asking for it. I may get a late checkout of 4pm - pushing for later but will see.

The kids club now allows 4hrs free each day, and there is a room attached to the lounge for kids to watch a movie and surf the Internet (thought that was strange for young kids to have unlimited access to the net.

So nothing to really complain about today. Maybe my email ahead of time helped.

It's a great resort.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:14 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PabloM
Checked in today and it was generally ok. Received a one category room upgrade, lounge access, welcome gift (water and chocolate). Couldn't get early checkin despite emailing and asking for it. I may get a late checkout of 4pm - pushing for later but will see.

The kids club now allows 4hrs free each day, and there is a room attached to the lounge for kids to watch a movie and surf the Internet (thought that was strange for young kids to have unlimited access to the net.

So nothing to really complain about today. Maybe my email ahead of time helped.

It's a great resort.
Sounds great. Keep us updated
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Checked out tonight. It was a good stay, EXCEPTS no early check in or late check out (well, they let me have my room until 1pm instead of the 4pm that I was promised when I arrived. I was pretty ticked - I don't believe that for a resort that big, that they had a shortage of rooms. It didn't feel like it - ie, the resort isn't that busy.

I love the hard product at the Sofitel Bali, however the service is not your typical Asian Sofitel service. There is a stinginess about the place, and you don't feel as valued as you something in other Asian Sofitel's.

Having said that, although I had to be out of my room at 1pm, they allowed me to enjoy all the lounge benefits until I left at 8pm, including afternoon tea and the wine tasting (although wines aren't worth tasting - but that's common across Bali because of taxes)

I'll stay again - it's a great resort, but don't have your hopes too high for mind blowing service.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 24, 2018 at 1:53 am
Old Nov 13, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by TeRriii
Why the hotel always assume their guest will fancy wine and champagne?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 7:17 am

I booked a 2 nights stay at this property last night for next month using the 50% Sales.

I just recieved an email from the hotel reservation agent to let them know my room preference by 20-Nov for them to accommodate as much as possible my request. I was also informed there will be a wedding from 11-14 December and they expect to "have a lot of loud volume activities throughout the Resort".

The resort seems quite popular wedding venue as I read before someone post that the 3/4 of the resorts was closed due to wedding.

While it was a good gesture for the hotel to inform me early with the wedding, I have a question:
- why this information is not published so what guest can make informed decisions.
- I understand that the wedding probably give the resort a lot of money, but since the party does not book the whole resort, shouldn't they behave and respect other guest and should minimise the noise?

So what will be my option here? I guess they may let this prepaid reservation void and not charging my card. But to me this is not fair, as the sales is now over. If I have known this earlier, I may decide to book other property.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
I booked a 2 nights stay at this property last night for next month using the 50% Sales.

I just recieved an email from the hotel reservation agent to let them know my room preference by 20-Nov for them to accommodate as much as possible my request. I was also informed there will be a wedding from 11-14 December and they expect to "have a lot of loud volume activities throughout the Resort".

The resort seems quite popular wedding venue as I read before someone post that the 3/4 of the resorts was closed due to wedding.

While it was a good gesture for the hotel to inform me early with the wedding, I have a question:
- why this information is not published so what guest can make informed decisions.
- I understand that the wedding probably give the resort a lot of money, but since the party does not book the whole resort, shouldn't they behave and respect other guest and should minimise the noise?

So what will be my option here? I guess they may let this prepaid reservation void and not charging my card. But to me this is not fair, as the sales is now over. If I have known this earlier, I may decide to book other property.
If possible, I would cancel the reservation. I experienced a wedding in may at the Sofitel. It was just hell with loud music playing until 11pm. Certainly not the experience I was looking for.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
If possible, I would cancel the reservation. I experienced a wedding in may at the Sofitel. It was just hell with loud music playing until 11pm. Certainly not the experience I was looking for.
The wedding was on the beach?

Shouldn't the hotel do something to minimize the nuance to other guests?

I was told the weeding will be on 11-14Dec and my stay will be on 14-16Dec. So I am not sure how I will be impacted?

I sent email to the GM for clarification and he is out of office. And the reservation agent has not came back to me also.

Also cancelling not to my favor as I got it during the Sales period and I should get 4x points.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:45 pm
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 24, 2018 at 1:48 am
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:01 pm

In the email she said Oriental Wedding. But I never know Chinese does multiple days wedding. . I only know Indian does that.

Does she mean Indian wedding?

Last edited by lingua101; Apr 24, 2018 at 2:13 am
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Why the hotel always assume their guest will fancy wine and champagne?
because most people do. And if you don't (and nothing wrong with that), just tell them.

I completely understand you and your "reluctance" to stay there in those conditions, but Inhave ne over seen any hotel in the world announcing on their webpages that there is a wedding taking place on whatever date. They have done their job informing you (I would have loved to be informed of that previously as my worst hotel stay ever has been some years ago in a Best Western in London where I was the only guest not part of the wedding...)
But you mention you arrivé the day when the ceremonies or parties are ending so you should be fine.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:10 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Inhave ne over seen any hotel in the world announcing on their webpages that there is a wedding taking place on whatever date.
Unless you go to the Sofitel.com page of the Sofitel Sentosa...
Have a look at the very first page

But that's because the hotel is closed for the wedding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.