Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Looks like they've removed any mention of it on the instagram post.
I definitely saw the 50% mentioned yesterday.

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Yep, it's not the same promotion.
You have to explicitly request the 50% Instagram promotion.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tomy77
Looks like they've removed any mention of it on the instagram post.
I definitely saw the 50% mentioned yesterday.
Yes, you are right. I posted on twitter about it.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep, it's not the same promotion.
You have to explicitly request the 50% Instagram promotion.
I did send an email requesting it. They responded with the screen shot I posted.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, my requested dates were May 4-7.

Very stange, here are the terms of booking :

RATE TERMS & CONDITIONS :

· Booking must be guaranteed by providing a credit card.

50% LIMITED TIME OFFER

· Full prepayment in advance and the deposit is not refundable even if the booking is cancelled or modified.

· The promotion not valid for Le Club Accor Points.

· Could not combine with other promotion

· Booking period until 31st March 2016 with staying period until 30 April 2016.

· Additional Breakfast is available at IDR 280,000 +21% tax and service per person per day

Maybe your reservation is for after April 30th ?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Yes, my requested dates were May 4-7.
We will be there at the same time (May 3-7).
Let's have a drink together !
Old Mar 23, 2016, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We will be there at the same time (May 3-7).
Let's have a drink together !
ha ha, we will be at the Hyatt, got a club rate of USD$197 after a BRG. Will be nice to chill in the lounge.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
ha ha, we will be at the Hyatt, got a club rate of USD$197 after a BRG. Will be nice to chill in the lounge.
Poor you. It's a low key property compared with Sofitel.
Will also chill in the lounge thanks to my platinum card
Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why low key?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: All Diamond
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok cancelled Hyatt and now booked @ Conrad.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:23 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Not up to Sofitel standards

Gold experience:

Booked a room with a plunge pool followed by a 1-br pool villa as an Accor Gold. Requested upgrade in reservation details.

Arrival: We arrived by taxi and our luggage was immediately taken care of and we were told it would be delivered directly to our room. Check in was very time-consuming although there were no other guests except one couple (and they have several check in desks). After a bit of waiting we just approached one of them and the staff stopped their conversation to pay attention to us. No water or any refreshments were offered (much unlike any other tropical Sofitel destinations we experienced). I presented the gold card and it was noted by the staff member processing the check in. However, after processing the cc deposit they did not offer any upgrades. Had to request one and was offered a paid upgrade. I had to show them the Accor website benefits description for Golds, which prompted them to consult with some higher authority who was supposed to authorize it. After some back and forth we were upgraded to pool access room (next level room), but with no Club Mille access. Essentially this was not an upgrade (i.e. the room is the same), so I had to ask for Club Mille access which lead to another delay that totaled over 40 minutes. We had to ask for water as our kids were very thirsty from the trip. Upon requesting we received water and small drink. At the end we got a normal one level upgrade and they remembered to present the welcome drink coupons (valid for soft drink or beer).
The room itself was a disappointment. First thing we noticed as a strong smell of mold which (as we later discovered) was due to the rug being moldy. We requested to be moved to another room as we had two kids staying with us and that was handled really professionally - they sent one member of the staff to help us move our belongings to another room. While less private (it is just adjacent to a sidewalk) it definitely doesn't have a mold issue. Club Mille itself is a nice experience with breakfast options, high tea and snacks/sandwitches and tapas in the evening.

Our second reservation was for 1BR villa. No upgrade was offered and upon my request they responded that 2BR villas are not available. However, one has been showing as available for booking on the Accor app which led me to question their response. I was told that the villa in question should have been taken off the reservation system as it is undergoing repairs. After some back and forth, they indeed took it off the website. We are about to move to our 1BR villa and I will comment on our experience there as well.

Just FYI - this does not seem to be a property where Accor benefits are offered without explicitly asking for them and proving that you are entitled to those (they even questioned whether Golds have the upgrade privileged).
Old May 22, 2016, 1:35 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
True, you may need to push them for some things, but it isn't bad.

A plunge pool vs a lagoon access room is indeed an upgrade. It isn't a fictitious category and it also costs quite a bit more to book. If you expect to be upgraded into a Jnr suite, you should have booked the lagoon room in the first place.

Pool access = excess to Club Millesime? Why do you think you're entitled to the Club?

Typically, in many hotels villas can't be upgraded into/from - so anything contrary to that would be at the goodwill of the hotel.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:30 am

I had 2 stays at Softiel Nusa Dua in april and may, and the experience was average.

1st stay : was offered an upgrade to a seaview room. I requested a plunge pool (same as last year) and got it the following day.
2nd stay : was offered an upgrade to a plunge pool room, but it had been requested during the 1st stay.

Being a platinum member, I was offered lounge access. In my opinion, service was not as good as a year agao. Buffet offer was the same at breakfast and in the evening. Staff was nice but not very organised. 3 of them might come to you within 10 minutes for drinks ... and then no one would show up for ages.

Generally speaking, I think the Sofitel is not as good as it was a year ago.
It aims mostly at the chineese market and does not meet standards of Sofitel hotels in Europe.

It still is OK, but not as good as it was.
Old May 23, 2016, 5:01 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
True, you may need to push them for some things, but it isn't bad.

A plunge pool vs a lagoon access room is indeed an upgrade. It isn't a fictitious category and it also costs quite a bit more to book. If you expect to be upgraded into a Jnr suite, you should have booked the lagoon room in the first place.

Pool access = excess to Club Millesime? Why do you think you're entitled to the Club?

Typically, in many hotels villas can't be upgraded into/from - so anything contrary to that would be at the goodwill of the hotel.
I think you jumped into many wrong conclusions here (perhaps my posting was confusing). I did not expect nor requested an upgrade into a villa for my first reservation. I booked a room with a plunge pool and got a pool access after waiting for 40+ minutes to get that upgrade approved. In terms of interior they are the same so the actual upgrade was getting Club access. Pricewise the difference was about $70 for two nights (checked at the time of the check in) but pool access room always comes with Club benefits.

I also booked the 1-bedroom villa and didn't get the 1-level upgrade although the 2-bedroom villa was bookable at the time. It's okay, they put an in-room welcome gift and a AUD6.00 sparkling wine as a compensation
Old May 23, 2016, 5:14 am

I think upgrade from 1 BR villa to 2 BR villa is not applicable at Accor property. I got no upgrade when I stayed at MGallery Amarterra Nusa Dua, but I got complimentary a bottle of local wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.