Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, QR Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Sofitel Bali, together with many other Sofitel and Pullman properties, has been awarded 2015 Winner for World Luxury Hotel Awards(Continent).

http://www.luxuryhotelawards.com/win...5-hotel-awards
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:56 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua - Pictures galore!

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort

Map| 8 Reviews | 88% Recommended

BTDC Lot N5 Nusa Dua, ID 80363

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua - Pictures galore! (28 Photos)

What an awesome stay!

I was in Bali for a conference and stayed for 2 nights at the Pan Pacific. This was the first time in 1 1/2 years that I have not stayed in an Accor property. And I didnt like the place. But the next 3 nights, I had arranged for my wife and daughter to fly in for a shortgetaway in Bali.

My two ladies flew in alone and I arranged for the hotel to pick them up. I was given the following options:

Vehicle

Max Capacity

Luggage

Price (per-car / per-way)

Toyota Camry

3 Adult

Yes

IDR 510.000 net

Toyota Alphard

3 Adult

Yes

IDR 720.000 net

BMW 520i

3 Adult

Yes

IDR 720.000 net

Mercedes E 200

3 Adult

Yes

IDR 720.000 net

Toyota Hi-Ace

10 Adult

Yes

IDR 585.000 net

I decided on the Camry. Considering the trip takes max 15mins, I find the rates a bit steep; but it was all about piece of mind.All went well, the greeter at the airport was there and the car was waiting for them at the pick up area when they reached. Getting into the car they had the usual water - but even Macarons!

Check In

The hotel was made aware that I would not be around, but that I am a Plat member and that the ladiesshould be well taken of. And they were.

The moment the car rolled up in the driveway, they were greeted by several staff including the Duty Manager by name and presented with some Jamu (local herbal drink) - which my wife declined. They were then led to the lounge. A beautiful lounge (but there are enough pictures of that here).

I joined a couple of hours later. But in the meantime both girls had made themselves comfy in the room. I booked a Deluxe Plunge pool room and was given - That. My wife thought I had booked a standard room so to her that was an "upgrade". But when I arrived and noticed the room wasnt upgraded I questioned the lounge staff and was told that they had made a mistake in believing I had booked a standard Deluxe room. So I got the upgrade to a pool access room. I didnt argue much about the "mistake" but I think there should be some SOPs in place for a hotel to know what a guest booked vs what the guest should receive.

Room

The Deluxe plunge and Deluxe pool access (and for that matter even the standard upper floor Deluxe rooms)are pretty much the same design. However as the name implies, one has a small plunge pool and with the other you can jump straight into the lagoon pool.

The plunge pool seems private, but isn't really as theire is a muddy walkway that goes around the back - so you can access other plunge pools from the rear. There is a small fence dividing the rooms, but it does not go all the way through. Also the walkway is not a real footpath - more used for staff to clean the pools/service the garden etc. So its grass that is repeatedly trampled on, creating a muddy footpath. Also, from the ground floor, there isnt anything else to look at.

The Deluxe Room have a large comfortable MyBed and a nice large couch. The bathroom is partitioned off through a sliding door. Toilet and shower havea seperate glass door. Airconditioning works very well and auto-switches-off when the sliding door to the balcony is opened.

Here are the pictures of the Deluxe Plunge Pool room we got.

I took the time to also request a viewing of their Suites and Villas.

So here are the pictures and a bit of description.

1) Jnr Suite / Opera Suite. The bulk of the buildings with Deluxe rooms on this property all face the pool. Imagine a "U" shape where the bottom curve is the lobby etc and the two "I"s have rooms facing either inside or outside. At the tip of the "U" are two blocks that face the sea. Here you find the Suites on the extremities of the building and wedged inbetween are some luxury rooms. SO if you have a Opera suite, you can also have an interconnecting to a Luxury Room.

For Gold/Plats: If you book a Luxury Pool Access you will be upgraded to a Opera Suite (and typically not the Jnr Suite). The Jnr Suite is for honeymooners and has bathtub AND shower in the bedroom. The Opera suite has only the bathtub in the open area.

The Opera Suite has a living room and a small pantry.

Next level up is the Opera Suite on the ground floor which has also its own pool. There are NO lagoon pool excess suites.

Pictures below are of the Opera Suite and you will see in one of the pictures the pool attached to the "Opera Suite with Plunge Pool"

The Villas all all situated along the outside parameters of the main buildings. So if you want to access the main pool on the property, you will need to get out of your villa, and through the ground floor of one of the main buildings. But damn they are nice.

All Villas have a dedicated Butler for the whole duration of your stay.

1BR Villa: (Access via Golf buggy)

Living Room

Bathroom. Indoor Bathtub, Indoor Shower (not shown - on the right of the picture) AND outdoor Shower

All Villas have their own Pool.

2BR Villa

The 2BR villas have a seperate kitchen.

BBQ Pit

No longer a "plunge pool"

And finally there is the Presidential Villa. It has 3BR. I was not shown that - neither would I book that. So it didnt matter :)

All Villas can be upgraded into. So if you want the 1BR, you need to book the Operate Suite with Plunge Pool - and of course subject to availability (dont I sound like a Accor sales rep hahaha)

Service

Service was very good. Everyone greets you with a "Bonjour" and sometimes a "Bonjour, Selamat Pagi/Siang etc". Many staff were aware of my daughter's name as I told them that in my intro email.

I registered my daughter for the kids club and she thoroughly enjoyed that. On Thursday (and only on Thursdays) they offer a cooking class in the Sofitel kitchen for kids.

Dining

Ahhhh Dining. Nedless to say, we basically didnt leave the hotel. The afternoon tea in the lounge was nicely presented on Narumi tableware. Scones, cakes, muffins, sandwitches; wonderful espressor, nicely decorates Capuccino etc etc etc. The evening canapes were nice too.

Breakfast we decided to stick to the main restaurant as the choice was huge and this wasnt a business trip - so we wanted to just while away.

Twice we ate at Cut Catch Cucina. A smore upscale restaurant in the middle of the "U". We ate well and with the Accor Plus card I didnt spend much.

Overall

This is to me, a tip top property. I will certainly return.

Of all things, the only thing I would call a "missed opportunity", is the Le Club Accor Member getogether they had the Thursday evening. I have done this in some other hotels and it was a good platform to chat to hotel management casually. Apart from one or two staff who came and left quickly, I did not meet anyone from the hotel. So to me a pity - but certainly nothing to dampen the mood of the holiday!!

Here some extra pictures to add flavour.

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua - Pictures galore!

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:05 am

Programs: All Diamond
This is of special interest to myself as i only have 18 days to go and counting ! Thanks for the latest report :-:
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:13 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Wow, thanks for the great review! I'm more excited now, too. Heading there Feb. One question: what brand the bath amenities are from? I'm a Hermes freak, you know. And another one: do they have dining on the beach option?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:34 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

The bathroom amenities are in black and simple Sofitel branded.
There is a bar by the beach that serves a seafood buffet for dinner at IDR300,000pp.but during my time there I hardly saw anyone there. Also it's BY the beach and not in the sand.
Instead I rather suggest booking a UBER to take you to Jimbaran bay where all the "in-sand" seafood places are with a nice atmosphere.
Uber works great in Bali, it's super cheap and not a ripoff like the taxis there. Jimbaran bay is 10mins from the hotel.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:19 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks for the tip. Jimbaran bay w/ Uber it's then.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
arghhh I want to return... Gilbertaue, you just put me in a deep depression feeling
Thanks for this very nice report and for letting us discovering the best rooms. They really look fantastic.
Definitely a very nice hotel. But, I agree with you that the management could be closer to customers. By example, after my stay, I sent an e-mail to the GM with the positive aspects of my stay and the things to improve (and I also included the same in the satisfaction survey), but I never received a response, and even not an acknowledgement or a simple "thank you for your remarks" which would have been more than enough.

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
And another one: do they have dining on the beach option?
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
There is a bar by the beach that serves a seafood buffet for dinner at IDR300,000pp.but during my time there I hardly saw anyone there. Also it's BY the beach and not in the sand.
I had an excellent dinner on the beach with the barbecue menu you mentioned. Service and food were both excellents.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, QR Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
The villa pics are so wonderful. Give me my 1BR next time!

*Bad news*
I was so excited about this villa that I went to check out the Pool Access and 1BR rates during Valentine's period. Guess what I saw? A new room category "Luxury Room with Ocean View" inserted between Luxury Room and Luxury Plunge Room meaning there may be no upgrade to Plunge Room for Gold/Plats if you book a Luxury Room in future. There is no apparent price change to all categories though.

Last edited by macabresg; Dec 2, 2015 at 4:58 pm
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by macabresg
The villa pics are so wonderful. Give me my 1BR next time!

*Bad news*
I was so excited about this villa that I went to check out the Pool Access and 1BR rates during Valentine's period. Guess what I saw? A new room category "Luxury Room with Ocean View" inserted between Luxury Room and Luxury Plunge Room meaning there may be no upgrade to Plunge Room for Gold/Plats if you book a Luxury Room in future. There is no apparent price change to all categories though.
That room was always there - its the "interconnecting" room I mentioned in my report that links to the Opera Suite.
Also, there are not many of these ocean view deluxe rooms (I think maybe 12) - so there is still chance to get a plunge pool in the end.
If you want the 1BR Villa, you will need to book the Opera Suite with plunge.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
arghhh I want to return... Gilbertaue, you just put me in a deep depression feeling
But, I agree with you that the management could be closer to customers. By example, after my stay, I sent an e-mail to the GM with the positive aspects of my stay and the things to improve
Tell me about it. I've only been back a couple of days and I am looking at flights to Bali
At least I only need to fly a cheap 2 hrs!

Check your inbox - I sent you something.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:44 pm

Thanks for the review! It looks amazing!
I was just a bit shocked about the prices for the airport pickup.
With a Uber you pay around 80'000 IDR.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

That room was always there - its the "interconnecting" room I mentioned in my report that links to the Opera Suite.
Also, there are not many of these ocean view deluxe rooms (I think maybe 12) - so there is still chance to get a plunge pool in the end.
If you want the 1BR Villa, you will need to book the Opera Suite with plunge.
Yep, the Opera Suite with Plunge was what I intend to book to try for a complimentary upgrade to 1BR. Now I need to make plans for the trip soon!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Tell me about it. I've only been back a couple of days and I am looking at flights to Bali
At least I only need to fly a cheap 2 hrs!

Check your inbox - I sent you something.
So convenient for us from Singapore to spend quick weekends there eh? I used to do weekend short trips to BKK. Now my attention has shifted to Bali. Love the beaches.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Tom_CH
Thanks for the review! It looks amazing!
I was just a bit shocked about the prices for the airport pickup.
With a Uber you pay around 80'000 IDR.
I agree. But as you know.. "Happy Wife..Happy.."
So the money spent was for 'peace of mind' and that they are well taken care of. And they were.

I paid from Hotel->Airport incl Toll with UBER 60,000.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by macabresg
So convenient for us from Singapore to spend quick weekends there eh? I used to do weekend short trips to BKK. Now my attention has shifted to Bali. Love the beaches.
We are not beach people at all - we love BKK and are 100% shopping etc.
But we just wanted a bit of R&R for a change and the Sofitel suits this to the tee.
The last time I was in Bali about 4 years ago we stayed at the Padma Resort. The resort layout is very Balinese traditional, with lots of dim lighting at night with Balinese wood carvings and figures around - nice if you like that. But the place was full of tourists and predominantly Russian and Australian "occasional" tourists who are loud and insensitive to other people/cultures. I didnt like it.

The Sofitel, even when full, has so much ground and pool space that people arent sitting on top of one another.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.