Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:35 pm
  #76  
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,530
I've just added the pictures of the Deluxe Plung Pool room to my review.
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:37 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 21
You mentioned "Twice we ate at Cut Catch Cucina. A smore upscale restaurant in the middle of the "U". We ate well and with the Accor Plus card I didnt spend much."

Just curious, how much was the Accor Plus discount at CCC, for 2 adults + 1 kid? Both times I was there, I was told that the Accor Plus discount of 1 dines free, isn't valid at CCC ... hence we ended up at Kwee Zeen if dining at the hotel

Oh, and a room warning for others, try to avoid rooms at the end of block 2 if possible (think 29xx?). Those are quite near the adjacent hotel's night club where there's booming music till 1am -- not particularly conducive if travelling with kids or if you are the sort that sleeps early!
Markielarkie is offline  
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:43 am
  #78  
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,530
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Hi Markielarkie,
To breakdown our menu items. We once had beef tartare, sirloin, truffle fries, cod, and another main + sparkling water and two mocktails and I paid around Rp600,000.
The second time we had wagyu, lobster, plain pasta (daughter), same drinks, chocolate mousse and I paid around rp800,000.

There was no comment at all about my card. Taken and swiped. And even with our little 7yo in tow, they calculated it as 2pax.

I dont know how you asked, but we see it as "one dines free".. They see it as 50% on food and 15% on drinks.
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:52 am
  #79  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 110
Thank you gilbertaue. Can't wait to visit Sofitel Bali again with 50% discount card on hand
TeRriii is offline  
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:16 am
  #80  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: SIN
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, QR Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Posts: 97
Originally Posted by Markielarkie
You mentioned "Twice we ate at Cut Catch Cucina. A smore upscale restaurant in the middle of the "U". We ate well and with the Accor Plus card I didnt spend much."

Just curious, how much was the Accor Plus discount at CCC, for 2 adults + 1 kid? Both times I was there, I was told that the Accor Plus discount of 1 dines free, isn't valid at CCC ... hence we ended up at Kwee Zeen if dining at the hotel
Yes only 20% discount at CCC for Accor Plus. No min or max number of diners mentioned. It is priced at Rp 499k++ with free flow non-alcoholic drinks (599k++ or 699k++ with free flow alcoholic I think). It was well worth the money.
macabresg is offline  
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:20 am
  #81  
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,530
Originally Posted by macabresg
Originally Posted by Markielarkie
You mentioned "Twice we ate at Cut Catch Cucina. A smore upscale restaurant in the middle of the "U". We ate well and with the Accor Plus card I didnt spend much."

Just curious, how much was the Accor Plus discount at CCC, for 2 adults + 1 kid? Both times I was there, I was told that the Accor Plus discount of 1 dines free, isn't valid at CCC ... hence we ended up at Kwee Zeen if dining at the hotel
Yes only 20% discount at CCC for Accor Plus. No min or max number of diners mentioned. It is priced at Rp 499k++ with free flow non-alcoholic drinks (599k++ or 699k++ with free flow alcoholic I think). It was well worth the money.
Macabresg, you're talking about the sat/sun brunch. For that, the discount is as stated by you. Markielarkie was referring to my dinners.
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:37 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 21
Thanks gilbertauen and macabresg. I distinctly remember the "one dines free" (i.e. 50% if 2 adults since kids aren't included) wasn't valid, and maybe it was capped at 20% discount for the usual ala carte menu. Hopefully things have changed for the better and its time to re-visit Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua and maybe CCC
Markielarkie is offline  
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:24 am
  #83  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SIN
Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Posts: 3,831
Originally Posted by macabresg
The villa pics are so wonderful. Give me my 1BR next time!

*Bad news*
I was so excited about this villa that I went to check out the Pool Access and 1BR rates during Valentine's period. Guess what I saw? A new room category "Luxury Room with Ocean View" inserted between Luxury Room and Luxury Plunge Room meaning there may be no upgrade to Plunge Room for Gold/Plats if you book a Luxury Room in future. There is no apparent price change to all categories though.
I think this hotel is quite problematic. I got this reply from Accor+

Please be informed that the Sofitel Nusa Dua had open up the allocation for the free night redemption but due to the limited number of standard room available in the hotel the free night are only available for the upgraded with a upgrade fee till further notice
It seems to me that the hotel does not want to give free room for Accor+.

gilbertaue, you have any insider info?
lingua101 is offline  
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:19 am
  #84  
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,530
Originally Posted by lingua101
Originally Posted by macabresg
The villa pics are so wonderful. Give me my 1BR next time!

*Bad news*
I was so excited about this villa that I went to check out the Pool Access and 1BR rates during Valentine's period. Guess what I saw? A new room category "Luxury Room with Ocean View" inserted between Luxury Room and Luxury Plunge Room meaning there may be no upgrade to Plunge Room for Gold/Plats if you book a Luxury Room in future. There is no apparent price change to all categories though.
I think this hotel is quite problematic. I got this reply from Accor+

Please be informed that the Sofitel Nusa Dua had open up the allocation for the free night redemption but due to the limited number of standard room available in the hotel the free night are only available for the upgraded with a upgrade fee till further notice
It seems to me that the hotel does not want to give free room for Accor+.

gilbertaue, you have any insider info?
Now I'm the insider man?

Considering the standard rooms are about 60% of the hotel, I don't understand what they mean by "limited" and I would challenge that.
Apart from the ground floor, all rooms along the buildings are standard room. Only the rooms at the end of the final blocks are more expensive.

What is the surcharge for the "upgraded" room? How much more do you need to pay for a plunge/lagoon excess deluxe room?
If it's under usd50 I would go for it.
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:18 am
  #85  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SIN
Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Posts: 3,831
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Now I'm the insider man?

Considering the standard rooms are about 60% of the hotel, I don't understand what they mean by "limited" and I would challenge that.
Apart from the ground floor, all rooms along the buildings are standard room. Only the rooms at the end of the final blocks are more expensive.

What is the surcharge for the "upgraded" room? How much more do you need to pay for a plunge/lagoon excess deluxe room?
If it's under usd50 I would go for it.

Well you know someone high up there

That's precisely my point. I have no issue booking any standard room in any day that I cannot find free night even until Dec 2016.

My feeling Sofitel Nusa dua does not want to give room for free. May be Accor+ pay them too little.

Actually, I cannot find any avail from 1-May. Only after I complained then now they are loading it until Feb-2017 but no free nights only upgrade avail.
So after Pulllman Thamrin, seems Sofitel Nusa dua comes next.


That's why I replied back cc the program manager for Accor+. I added this fact.

I did a booking on 7-8 May (1 night).
If I am using the Stay Benefit, I have to pay SGD 195.97 + 41.15 = 237.13 (no breakfast provided)
If I do normal booking not using my voucher
Luxury Room at Member Super Advance Savers SGD 230.22 + 48.35 = 278.56
Luxury Club Miles Room at .Member Super Advance Savers SGD 371.32 + 77.98 = 449.29
The difference between the 2 room type is only SGD 141.1 ++ which end up
only SGD 170.73, which is SGD 66.13 cheaper than if I am using the voucher. Also this rate will include the breakfast and the upgrade does not, which literally, I have to pay almost SGD 100 for using the complimentary night.

Even If I use Member Flexible Rate as comparison
Luxury Room SGD 259.92 + 54.58 = 314.51
Luxury Club Miles Room SGD 436.30 + 91.62 = 527.92
The difference is SGD 213.41 which is still lesser than the upgrade, not to mention that breakfast is also included in this rate.
The "small" fee upgrade cost is more than the difference between Luxury room and Club Mille room. And the paid Club Mille room comes with free breakfast which does not included in the upgrade.


I told them, shouldn't the upgrade fee should be lesser than the paid upgrade as it is kind of "benefit" for using Accor+ voucher.

In my opinion, Sofitel Nusa Dua may as well opt out from Accor+ likes Pullman Thamrin to make it less headache.
lingua101 is offline  
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:48 am
  #86  
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,530
Hi Lingua101... it took me awhile to understand what you were saying. But I've now logged on and checked myself.

Basically:
The lowest room available for redemption is: LUXURY ROOM, Club Millesime and Pool Access, 1 King Size Bed

With "free night voucher" + surcharge = SGD237.13
Without voucher - normal A+ member rate = SGD449.29

Breakfast or not does not matter as that is FREE anyways as you are in a Club Millesime room and have access to lounge OR restaurant.
So basically you can say the "free night voucher" is valued at SGD212.16.

I would say that this is fair.

What is not really fair is that the free night voucher cannot be used for a basic luxury room which according to accorhotels.com is valued at SGD278.56. And the vouchers are being promoted as "A free night"... so in this case nothing is "Free".
I would continue pushing A+ and get them to talk to the hotel to release a Luxury room for you.
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:57 am
  #87  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SIN
Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Posts: 3,831
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Hi Lingua101... it took me awhile to understand what you were saying. But I've now logged on and checked myself.

Basically:
The lowest room available for redemption is: LUXURY ROOM, Club Millesime and Pool Access, 1 King Size Bed

With "free night voucher" + surcharge = SGD237.13
Without voucher - normal A+ member rate = SGD449.29

Breakfast or not does not matter as that is FREE anyways as you are in a Club Millesime room and have access to lounge OR restaurant.
So basically you can say the "free night voucher" is valued at SGD212.16.

I would say that this is fair.

What is not really fair is that the free night voucher cannot be used for a basic luxury room which according to accorhotels.com is valued at SGD278.56. And the vouchers are being promoted as "A free night"... so in this case nothing is "Free".
I would continue pushing A+ and get them to talk to the hotel to release a Luxury room for you.

I tend to see it the other way around.

Standard room is only SGD 278.56
Club Millesime is SGD 449.29
Hence the upgrade should only cost SGD 170.73

However, using voucher it cost SGD 237.13

This means the Accor+ voucher worth negative value.

In some hotel (Pullman Thamrin for example and also Mercure Taksim) access to Club lounge does not equal to have free breakfast in restaurant. Hence there should be value for the free breakfast.

Even not considering breakfast, the free Accor+ voucher has negative value. Hence in my opinion this is not fair.

The least the hotel should value Accot + comp night as the standard room and we should only pay the difference between the 2 rates. I have no issue if the price differnce is from the Member Flexi Rate as the booking is indeed flexi.

But even at this rate, the Accor+ voucher is still having negative value.

I agree with you that the hotel should allow free nights booking, even they only provide 10 rooms/night. I can understand if they block some period (like Chsirtams/New Year, Hari Raya or even during entire mont of June/July during school holiday) but definitely not all time.

I think all of Accor+ member especially those in Indonesia should make a lot of noise.

I can only make a noise up to Singapore Program Manager level and can only make rant as I have been with them for 10+ years. We really depend on you gilbertaue
lingua101 is offline  
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:42 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Wellington/Jakarta
Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Posts: 480
Originally Posted by lingua101
I agree with you that the hotel should allow free nights booking, even they only provide 10 rooms/night. I can understand if they block some period (like Chsirtams/New Year, Hari Raya or even during entire mont of June/July during school holiday) but definitely not all time.

I think all of Accor+ member especially those in Indonesia should make a lot of noise.
Ah but I'd use my free night certificates for hotels outside Indonesia

Would rather redeem them to stay at the Metropole in Hanoi for example (no trick booking with free night certificate there), or Sofitel Macau, or Sofitel Auckland/Queenstown, ...
FGunawan is offline  
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:09 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SIN
Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Posts: 3,831
Originally Posted by FGunawan
Ah but I'd use my free night certificates for hotels outside Indonesia

Would rather redeem them to stay at the Metropole in Hanoi for example (no trick booking with free night certificate there), or Sofitel Macau, or Sofitel Auckland/Queenstown, ...
Hahaha..... Sofitel Metropole is one of the property I always want to stay since I join Accor Advantage, that was in 2004 I think Yet after 10+ years, I haven't stepped my foot there.

Another property to consider Sofitel Sukhumvit. Quite easy to get free night also.


I am eyeing on Sofitel Sentosa but seems no free nights also.
lingua101 is offline  
Old Dec 29, 2015, 6:14 pm
  #90  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: SIN
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, QR Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Posts: 97
[QUOTE=lingua101;25928799}
I am eyeing on Sofitel Sentosa but seems no free nights also.[/QUOTE]

I saw many available dates (except Saturdays) when they officially re-opened after renovation. On 3 Nov, I booked a complimentary night for the basic room ( NO additional charges) for 15 Feb 2016 and that date was blacked out from the availability calendar after that. There might be only 1 complimentary room for booking each day!
macabresg is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.