Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
- Name of the hotel:
Pullman King Power Bangkok

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Booked Superior room and got deluxe without asking

- How are the rooms?
Standard hotel rooms, a little on the small side for a 5 star.

Good: fast check-in. Welcome gifts of macrons was given. Fruit basket and 2 minibar soft drinks were given comp as well 15% king power discount voucher as part of deluxe room benefit.

Bad: Just okay wifi. Checked in to a room with a big puddle on the desk from the aircon. Was re accommodated in the room next door. Not a big deal.

Yes. Decently stocked. They had a staff member making cocktails to order.

Yes
Old May 17, 2014, 10:02 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Mercure Paris Arc De Triomphe Wagram

- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Paris Arc De Triomphe Wagram

Plat

Yes

Standard, got standard but requested a room with an outdoor space which I got

- How are the rooms?
Freshly decorated, nice design, comfortable

Good:
- excellent friendly staff
- well located

Bad:
- For room service they use an outside delivery service which was awful (quality/temperature)
- only one English TV station

N/A

very good value for Paris, yes
Old May 18, 2014, 6:32 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
- Name of the hotel:
Novotel London Wembley

Platinum

Yes

Booked superior and got that, hotel was fairly busy due to the FA Cup final at Wembley

- How are the rooms?

Its a newly built Novotel, rooms are a better size than i've found in the past

Good:
Got drinks voucher although had to ask for it, had food in the restaurant and despite the bar being packed with celebrating Arsenal fans and commiserating Hull fans the service was very quick although the menu was an 'events' menu and fairly limited

Bad:
The signs for everything were pretty unclear, only very small thin "arrows" that gave no indication of which way to the lifts from the upper floors, took a while to work out which of the public toilets were male and female as again was marked by "arrows"
There was some sort of fire alert during Saturday evening which went on for sometime confusing most but no indication of what if anything was going on, lifts off etc, then came an announcement telling everyone to leave the building which turned out to be their way of letting people know things were back to normal...

N/A

Managed to book this on the Happy Mondays rate which considering the FA Cup Final rather surprised me, doubtful i'd stay here again though
Old May 19, 2014, 8:18 am

- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Bangkok Siam

Plat

No

No upgrade,no birthday cake

- How are the rooms?
small,dirty,terrible

Bad:
- should do some dry cleaning on the bed as we were bitten by many ants

- No response to complaint email

No

Never!
Old May 19, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Novotel Trabzon, Turkey

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Trabzon, Turkey

Gold

Yes

Booked seaview room, got seaview room. No upgrade

- How are the rooms?
great view to Black Sea; and it is the only Accor properties having a black sea view

Good:
- I can choose any drinks on the menu as welcome drinks
- Got fruit platter
- Beautiful view from the room
- Room is good
- One way complimentary shuttle
- Friendly staffs

Bad:
- No upgrade

N/A

Sure!
Old May 23, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Sofitel LGW

- Name of the hotel:Sofitel LGW

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes very. Was welcomed by name and it was recognised that we stayed in March

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Classic / executive floor deluxe

- How are the rooms? As expected clean and a very comfy bed

- What was good and what was bad? Receptionist good Bar staff slow so bad

Good: all the front counter staff

Bad: bar staff

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes as expected although there were complaints from others about no hot food

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value will return
Old May 25, 2014, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
- Name of the hotel: Pullman Montpellier Antigone
This is an ex-Sofitel but I think it has been completely refurbished because everything looked bright and nice !

Platinum

Yes. And perfect application of Le Club rules & benefits ^

I booked a classic room and received a double upgrade to deluxe

- How are the rooms?
The room was large with king size bed, an armchair and separate table, long desk, an open bathroom with a nice shower area (open bathroom but which can be closed with sliding doors for privacy ). Separate toilets

Good: room, excellent application of Le Club rules (drink voucher, upgrade), great caring staff at front desk. Good location in MPL.

Bad: frankly, nothing. To say something : the windows in rooms are small, but the building has been designed like that, so...

not applicable

Definitely yes
2nd excellent stay this week in this hotel. Booked Classic room and was upgraded to Deluxe. Drink voucher OK (includes champagne). Staff was as great as during my 1st stay (staff is one of the best asset of this hotel ^).
On the things that can be improved :
- there was a Nespresso machine in the room but no espresso cups (only large coffee mugs totally in adapted to an espresso)
- long line at check-out at 8:00 am with only 1 employee at the front desk handling all the check-out + answering all the phone calls every 2 minutes.

Definitely a very good hotel I strongly recommend in MPL.
Old May 26, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel London Gatwick

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes - very much.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a classic room, was upgraded to a Superior Room.

- How are the rooms? Very good - comfortable and good sized.

Good:
Status was recognised in advance without having to ask about it. Received an upgrade, drinks voucher and a complimentary gift of Hotel Chocolat chocolate (which was delicious) and the room had Hermes products in it.

Bad: Nothing - had a brilliant night's stay.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes - this is one of my favourite hotels because of the consistency of service.
Old May 26, 2014, 3:26 pm

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

- What is your Le Club status? Gold.

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior Room and was upgraded to a Luxury Room.

- How are the rooms? Very comfortable - good sized and the bathroom was great with a separate shower that was a good size and fantastic views of the city.

Good:
Status was acknowledged without my having to ask for it and I was offered a choice of upgrade room. I also received 2 drinks vouchers. Location is great - 2 blocks from the John Hancock tower and Michigan Avenue and only 20 minutes walk from the city sights - perfect walking in the Chicago spring weather.

Bad: Not bad so much as irritating - there was no bottled water in the room on the first night so I had to raid the mini bar. The next night though I received complimentary Evian - when I queried with the desk I was told I still had to pay for the mini-bar water, even though it was their mistake.

The breakfast was disappointing - a la carte only and not worth the money. Also the waiter brought me orange juice although I said I didn't want it and then put it on the bill (although he took it off when challenged and apologised).

There was a mix up on check out where it seemed they were going to charge my credit card when I wanted to pay in cash. It was smoothed out quickly, but it was an unnecessary worry.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes if I could get it at a reasonable price (I booked this early during a sale and also got to use a points boost offer, which made it very worth my while).
Old May 27, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

- What is your Le Club status? Gold.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior Room and was upgraded to a Luxury Room.

- How are the rooms? Very comfortable - good sized and the bathroom was great with a separate shower that was a good size and fantastic views of the city.

Good:
Status was acknowledged without my having to ask for it and I was offered a choice of upgrade room. I also received 2 drinks vouchers. Location is great - 2 blocks from the John Hancock tower and Michigan Avenue and only 20 minutes walk from the city sights - perfect walking in the Chicago spring weather.

Bad: Not bad so much as irritating - there was no bottled water in the room on the first night so I had to raid the mini bar. The next night though I received complimentary Evian - when I queried with the desk I was told I still had to pay for the mini-bar water, even though it was their mistake.

The breakfast was disappointing - a la carte only and not worth the money. Also the waiter brought me orange juice although I said I didn't want it and then put it on the bill (although he took it off when challenged and apologised).

There was a mix up on check out where it seemed they were going to charge my credit card when I wanted to pay in cash. It was smoothed out quickly, but it was an unnecessary worry.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes if I could get it at a reasonable price (I booked this early during a sale and also got to use a points boost offer, which made it very worth my while).
Thanks, interesting. I have a 4-night stay booked in July. I booked a Virtuoso rate, and I have been given an upgrade at the time of booking from a Luxury Room to a Junior Suite. The rate includes Full American breakfast, Welcome Amenity, $25 voucher on Food and Beverage. Total of $1,400 including tax.

It'll be interesting to see what else I get due to being Platinum.
Old May 31, 2014, 10:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Tokyo Ginza

yes

Booked superior and got superior, however they were full

- How are the rooms?
Pretty good

Good: instead of a drinks voucher was offered cans of juice instead, this worked out better for us as was offered two cans of juice rather than having just one drinks voucher

Bad: nothing

Not applicable

Good value, guess it would depend if was in Tokyo again if would return!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:24 pm

ringingup:
Thanks, interesting. I have a 4-night stay booked in July. I booked a Virtuoso rate, and I have been given an upgrade at the time of booking from a Luxury Room to a Junior Suite. The rate includes Full American breakfast, Welcome Amenity, $25 voucher on Food and Beverage. Total of $1,400 including tax.

It'll be interesting to see what else I get due to being Platinum
Definitely post about it here because I'd be interested to read it. I paid about $800 with tax for my room but that didn't include breakfast and it was only 3 nights.

fredandgingermad:
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Tokyo Ginza

yes

Booked superior and got superior, however they were full

- How are the rooms?
Pretty good

Good: instead of a drinks voucher was offered cans of juice instead, this worked out better for us as was offered two cans of juice rather than having just one drinks voucher

Not applicable

Good value, guess it would depend if was in Tokyo again if would return!
Good to read this fredandgingermad as I'll be staying there in a couple of months.

1F
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:58 am

Platinum stay - Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

- Name of the hotel: (New) Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

- What is your Le Club status?: Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?: Yes - was only a 10 hour transit stop between flight arrival and ferry departure next day

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?: Booked deluxe room upgraded to club deluxe. Nice macaroon platter on arrival. I would actually love a direct pool access room next time for this kind of stay.

- How are the rooms? Extremely spacious, about 50 sq m in total - we got upgraded to top floor, glimpse of sea view. I really liked the room.....

Good: We booked a pick up from airport, just a Camry and hotel sent a BMW 5 Series. Nice. As we got into the hotel at around 930pm, could not use the benefits of club lounge except for free breakfast in the morning. Staff are inexperienced but extremely willing to please. Rooms are fantastic. Liked the fact we could go and dine at the restaurant at 11pm (it's 24 hours)

Bad: Asked to pay $1 for toll road to get from airport using new expressway. Ridiculous. No welcome drink provided - given we arrived outside of club operational hours, we should have been given a few free drinks....

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, club lounge access provided but we did not use it due to late arrival and early departure with our stay.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? We paid AUD$150 (special opening rate) several months in advance for a night we knew we were going to stay in Bali. Incredible value....
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon

yes

Booked superior and got upgraded to an Executive Room

- How are the rooms?
Pretty good, although might have expected them to be a bit bigger

Good: got upgrade without having to ask, was proactively offered two drinks voucher (one for each in party) was reminded about access to the lounge

A bit small but apart from that was really nice, good offering of food for both afternoon tea and for breakfast, only thing that surprised me was how quickly they closed in the evening

I used points to pay for most of the stay, was really impressed with the hotel and would return if was in Hong Kong again

Last edited by fredandgingermad; Dec 1, 2014 at 4:20 pm
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Hong Kong Citygate

yes

Booked Standard and upgraded to Superior

- How are the rooms?

Really good, was very impressed with the size of it!

Good: Upgrade and drinks vouchers offered proactively, voucher for complimentary breakfast given which was unexpected and very welcome, welcome gift for my 7 year old provided, reminded that lounge access was available due to status and that afternoon tea was still being served. Pool was great, made good use of it

Lounge was great, when leaving after having had afternoon tea they let me know about the cocktail hour and what time it was

Good Value, liked how convenient it was for the airport especially as we had an early flight home, oddly enough we'd been there the week before at CX's expense after missing a connecting flight. Would happily return

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.