Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana

Platinum

Yes, even if there is some room for improvement.

Booked partial sea view room with breakfast and got the same (typical Accor answer: the hotel is full bla bla)

- How are the rooms?
Around 30 sqm.
Typical old generation Sofitel (NYC, Sydney, etc.). Read uninspired and dated design (horrible halogen lamp, sofa and glass desk). Partly damaged furniture.
Large and very comfortable bed.
Flat television set with dvd player and large selection of national and international cable channels. iPhone dock.
Small balcony with partial view over Copacabana beach
Wood floor
Only shower in the bathroom. L'Occitane amenities. Condoms in the vanity kit!
Incredibly quiet (excellent soundproofed window).

Good:
Excellent location by the sea. Just perfect to watch the NYE fireworks.
Excellent, attentive and smiling service. ^^
Very good breakfast (large selection of very good products, nice view from the terrace, impressive and very fast service despite huge number of guests)
Pleasant Club Millésime lounge
Nice outdoor pools
Bottle of Chandon was offered for NYE

Bad:
Dated and soulless hotel
Poor Platinum recognition
We had to insist to get club access despite it is now an official Platinum benefit
Uninspired and expensive NYE buffet
The first room I got had an air conditioning issue: it was literaly a Turkish bath (steam everywhere on the walls).
Ugly plastic shelter at the restaurant terrace (read: no air, sauna like temperature).

Yes, after having insisted for it.
Quite large. Dated design.
Excellent service.
Good selection of evening food (strangely no desserts on evenings) and nice breakfast.
Terrace with city view.

Typical Sofitel: mediocre hard product, excellent service, very poor Platinum recognition.

The hotel is not cheap at all for NYE. Not quite sure the hotel worth the money you pay for.
Definitely not the style of the Fasano.
I don't think I would return considering the hard product and the poor Platinum recognition.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, LeClubAccor Gold, Enrich
- Hotel name
Ibis Seoul Myeongdong. Stayed for 2 period (2D1N then 6D5N)

Silver (qualified for Gold halfway into the stay)

Yes

Standard room, no upgrades due to the still Silver (then) status.

- How are the rooms?
Small room consisted of a king bed, a small table, a 20" LCD TV(with adult paid on-demand movies) and a small wardrobe with in-room safe. After opening 2 luggages (27" size), there are not much walking room left.

Rooms are clean and even though we hung up the towels nicely, we still find a fresh new set of towels everyday. The same is with the bed linens, even though we leave the card telling housekeeping that we don't need the linens changed, they still change a new one for me. One sour point is, on the last day when we were checking all the drawers to be sure we don't leave anything behind, there's an open pack of condom (but unused) in one of the drawers.

Bathroom has no amenities, even the shampoo/soap combination are those kind which are hung on the shower wall and only refilled when it's empty.
Good thing is the toilet seat has those seat warmer and automatic washing system (so loved by the Japanese).

Good:
Excellent location in the heart of Seoul. Many food options nearby and subway station is less than 5 mins walk.
Service was excellent though rather inconsistent, welcome drinks are served upon my 1st period of stay, but not the 2nd.
Self-service laundry facilities are available in the hotel. Cost USD 2.50 for wash and dry (detergent included).
My requests for high floor room with a proper city view are accommodated even with the hotel fully booked.

Bad:
Check-in lobby on the top floor, meaning we have to lug our luggages to the top floor before going down to our rooms.
Rooms are small.
Not value for money, especially since there are almost zero room amenities.

No lounge available for Ibis

First time staying in ibis, which i understand is slightly above the "budget" category. But this is less than i expected for an international chain. For the money paid, there are better options nearby.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: TG*G , Le Club Platinum
Sofitel Saigon

- Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Saigon

Platinum

Yes.

Booked a Luxury King, got what I booked. No upgrade( NYE)

- How are the rooms?

Rooms are small. Only reason I booked a luxury room was so that I could get a higher floor away from the honking from the street.

Not enough space for 1 person to cross paths if someone was sitting on the computer table.

Beds were comfy, was given a pillow menu to choose from 2 days before my arrival.

Good: Staff were friendly and always ready to help.
Bad: Wifi signals were not strong. Have certain blind spots in the room.
Had to sit near the room's door to get signal

Yes. Club lounge was small. However it is very bright and its nice to have breakfast there to start the day. Buffet selection is poor , go for ala carte.

Yes and would definitely return.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Novotel New York Times Square

- Name of the hotel: Novotel New York Times Square

Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ?
Yes

Booked refurbished room with king size bed. At check-in they told me I had been upgraded and got a room with 2 Queen size bed . I don't see what was the upgrade as I didn't even had a Time Square view. But I was tired (it was almost midnight arriving from Paris) and the room was OK (nice) so didn't want to argue

- How are the rooms?
Nice (clearly not the European "cold feeling" style of European Novotels). The hotel has been very nicely renovated.
Nice bathroom but small. Typical Novotel toiletries products

Good:
- perfect location of hotel
- nice renovation
- staff was much nicer than during my previous stays in this hotel
- I was given free internet (speed was OK)
- I was given a 30% voucher rebate for a lunch/dinner at the restaurant. This was part of the offer I booked and was for platinum guests only. This offer included also a bonus of 1000 points. I had dinner with a friend who was not staying at the hotel and the voucher worked for the whole bill ^. The restaurant is good (particularly the steak frites ) and has a very nice view over Times Square
- my rate didn't include breakfast but I was given a voucher for one free breakfast (full buffet) ^
- I got late check-out but only till 3pm (BTW, I don't see anymore on Accor site a reference to 4 pm for the benefits of the program. Is the granted time now at complete discretion of the hotel ?)
- efficient check-in/out

Bad:
- unstaffed Le club counter at front desk (as in every hotel...)
- unclear upgrade
- ridiculous nickel & diming practices : you need to pay $1/bag you want to check after having check-out. It's not for the sum, but I think it's quite shocking on the principle and I've never been asked for this anywhere else. They should at least offer this to all Le club members.

Not applicable

Yes, definitely.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Goldorak
- Name of the hotel: Novotel New York Times Square

Platinum

At check-in they told me I had been upgraded and got a room with 2 Queen size bed . I don't see what was the upgrade as I didn't even had a Time Square view.

Nice bathroom but small.

Unstaffed Le club counter at front desk (as in every hotel...)

Ridiculous nickel & diming practices : you need to pay $1/bag you want to check after having check-out.
Vive Le Club Accor

At Crowne Plaza Times Square, you would have received as Platinum Royal Ambassador a nice Deluxe room on high floor, most of the time with Times Square view, pool and fitness centre access, and of course free wifi when having booked a best advance rate.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:37 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
- I got late check-out but only till 3pm (BTW, I don't see anymore on Accor site a reference to 4 pm for the benefits of the program. Is the granted time now at complete discretion of the hotel ?)

- ridiculous nickel & diming practices : you need to pay $1/bag you want to check after having check-out. It's not for the sum, but I think it's quite shocking on the principle and I've never been asked for this anywhere else. They should at least offer this to all Le club members.
You are right, the time has disappeared. However last week I managed a 5pm check out at a Sofitel.

Regarding this hotel, last time I stayed I found the staff very surly and not quite familiar with Le Club. I have been back once after the renovation, but only to the bar, and that was a total disaster. Self absorbed staff with little interest in serving customers.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
- Name of the hotel: Ibis Darling Harbour Australia

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard, nothing offered by hotel, so requested an upgrade. Provided upgrade to harbour view.

- How are the rooms? Nice room and one of the better Ibis hotels around.

Good: location, comfortable bed and good breakfast

Bad: Staff unaware of Accor Gold privileges especially in relation to free internet. Hotel also overcharged credit card on pre paid rate. Paid back but lost on credit card exchange rate.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Used vouchers and some cash. Vouchers not a good idea due to getting very poor exchange rate. Yes I would return.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:52 am

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Grand Roxy Singapore

Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a club room, received club, managed to get a sea view room. Another hotel that won't mention or recognise your gold status, needed to challenge.

- How are the rooms? Not really club standard more deluxe. Room generally need a refurb.

Good: Staff in the club lounge work really hard and always kept your glass full.

Bad: breakfast in the lounge poor, screaming children in the lounge, canopies hit and miss.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? The lounge is old fashioned,but still nice. Lounge seems to be full of pilots, they have their families staying, hence screaming children spoilt my experience.. Earth Mothers in the lounge were always oblivious to the disturbances their children were causing.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Would return, because price is reasonable compared to other hotels. However price is based on this hotel being situated outside main city area.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Heathrow Terminal 5

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I'd booked a classic room and got upgraded to a junior suite.

- How are the rooms? Spacious, clean and very pleasant.

Good:
Receptionist was proactive at getting me an upgrade. I thought I was out of luck when he said they were out of luxury rooms but he consulted with his colleague and told me that a junior suite was available.

Bad: Receptionist didn't explain that junior suite came with club lounge access or what that entailed so I didn't know to use it.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes but I didn't find out until check out, which was a bit rubbish. Club lounge looked lovely. Ah well.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I'd paid £160 for the room, which was a bit on the high side but given the upgrade I think that was excellent value for money. The Sofitel T5 is actually one of my favourite airport hotels and I always try to stay there when I need to.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Adagio Marne La Vallee Val d'Europe

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Broadly, yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I'd booked an apartment with 1 bedroom for 4 persons. I didn't ask for an upgrade (and wasn't offered one) because it just meant having a bigger apartment, which I didn't need.

- How are the rooms? The apartment was clean and in a decent condition but some of the plug sockets were loose and this should have been picked up by maintenance.

Good: Reception staff were friendly, the hotel is in a good location for Val d'Europe and offered a free courtesy bus to Disneyland Paris and the apartment was comfortable.

Bad: The room wasn't available when I checked in, which surprised me given that the place wasn't full. My status wasn't acknowledged (despite showing the card on check-in). The courtesy bus only runs once per hour for large chunks of the day, which is inconvenient.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Not applicable.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? For a leisure trip to that part of Paris, I'd certainly consider it.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:47 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
Sofitel Heathrow Terminal 5

[...] booked a classic room and got upgraded to a junior suite.
Congratulations -- that's not happened to me in a dozen or so stays as a Plat.

You might want to post a link to your review here in the dedicated hotel thread.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:34 am

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Harbourside Cairns

Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Superior Harbourside, no upgrade.

- How are the rooms? Very comfortable although they are very tight on bathroom amenities. The first Mercure, in my experience, that does not even give you a small tube of body lotion.

Good: good views, clean and nice garden area.

Bad: The hotel ignored my gold status even on production of my card. Initially would not give me an early check-in either. I was told we are full sir. No offer of a drink voucher and wanted to charge me 20 dollars a day for internet access. Manager was called, because I wasn't happy. Manager apologised claiming they did not know I was gold despite showing my card and booking direct with Accor. Manager provided early check-in, drink voucher and free internet. I feel these constant challenges are actually starting to make me feel terrible afterwards, it is almost like I am getting my begging bowl out each time. I also find it strange that Accor's reluctance to offer some perks for your loyalty does not occur within other hotel groups such as Starwood or IHG who always welcome you with open arms.

One good note a very large bowl of fruit arrived on the second day so maybe they were also feeling bad about the way they had treated one of their loyal members after all.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? If I needed to be in area again I would return. Not bad value considering other humongous prices I have paid for hotel accommodation in Australia.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Smile Pullman Montpellier Antigone

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Montpellier Antigone
This is an ex-Sofitel but I think it has been completely refurbished because everything looked bright and nice !

Platinum

Yes. And perfect application of Le Club rules & benefits ^

I booked a classic room and received a double upgrade to deluxe

- How are the rooms?
The room was large with king size bed, an armchair and separate table, long desk, an open bathroom with a nice shower area (open bathroom but which can be closed with sliding doors for privacy ). Separate toilets

Good: room, excellent application of Le Club rules (drink voucher, upgrade), great caring staff at front desk. Good location in MPL.

Bad: frankly, nothing. To say something : the windows in rooms are small, but the building has been designed like that, so...

not applicable

Definitely yes
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:54 am

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond

- Name of the hotel:

Novotel Dakar

Gold

Yeah

Standard room - got the standard room

- How are the rooms?
Pretty much your standard Novotel rooms. Showing a bit of wear and tear, but still nice

Good:
The pool has finally opened after a long period of being under construction
breakfast buffet is nice

Bad:
No recognition of gold status, so no upgrade, no welcome drink... (as usual)
Though the pool has opened, there is still a few things that they are working on, so from time to time I got some dust from the works blown in my face.

Not applicable

Probably yes

Last edited by elpiett; Feb 11, 2014 at 3:59 am
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:58 am

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond

- Name of the hotel:

Novotel Lyon Part Dieu

Still gold

Neutral...

Standard - got standard

- How are the rooms?
Very standard Novotel rooms, which I quite like

Good:

Renovated bar and breakfast area that looked appealing

Bad:
No status recognition: no upgrade, no welcome drink... nothing.
Bad croissants at breakfast in France, now there's a first!
Horribly expensive restaurant.
Points didn't post, hotel doesn't reply to my e-mails and Le Club helpdesk is competely useless/unwilling in helping me

Not available

Probably not...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.